Drunken carnivals

Small times

 

 

 

Do you remember that time, Tae?

 

When we went to that carnival?

 

It took place in the market where we first met, and, coincidentally or not, it was our second anniversary. I remember how excited you were when I offered to go there to celebrate.

 

First, we went out for dinner at a nice, homey restaurant we loved to visit, and the owner, who already became our friend, gave us a wine bottle on-the-house, as a preset. We drank more than half of it during dinner, so by the time we got to the carnival, we were already pretty tipsy, running around, kissing, laughing, asking total strangers to take pictures of and with us.

 

Then you saw this fortune-teller booth and dragged me inside. I don't even remember what she told us. All I remember is us trying so hard not to laugh in her face, and cracking up the second we left the booth.

 

When it was really late, and we were less drunk, and the carnival was coming to its end, we lay on the grass and counted the stars. You said you wondered if love could be as endless as the universe. I thought you were still a little drunk, so I let it slip, and hugged you closer as you shivered from the cold. We fell asleep on the grass, holding each other.

 

 

Did you already know back then that we would become like this?