Feathers

Small times

 

 

 

We hit it off amazingly after that.

 

 I learned that you weren't a cold person, just easily bored. You learned I wasn't as stupid as I made myself out to be the first time we met. I learned that you loved dancing, worked as a cleaner in a dance studio downtown, but instead of getting paid, you were allowed to attend some classes for free. You also had a paying part-time job at one of your parents' friend's clothes shop. Your major was Chemistry, and though you were free-spirited, you were also smart as hell. You were 20 years old back there, 3 years ago, when we met. And you learned that I was 22, studying Economy, and crazy about sports. I wasn't half as smart as you, but I managed.

 

We would talk for hours about everything and nothing. We'd have dates in the weirdest places, usually suggested by you, like the roof of a nursing home you knew, or the botanic greenhouse at my college campus. I was amazed by the fact that with every day that passed I fell in love with you even more, even when we fought and you wouldn't talk to me for days.

 

I remember the night when we were at the nursing home's roof again, and it started raining cats and dogs. We ran to my apartment, completely soaked by the time we got there. After we changed to some dry clothes, I went to the kitchen to make us some hot chocolate. I started drinking that because of you, you hated coffee. When I put the mugs down on the bedside table, I was suddenly hit in the face with a pillow. Somehow it escalated into a full out pillow-fight, which ended with us covered in feathers, laughing and sneezing.

 

 

We made sweet love all through that night.