With or Without You

Goodbye Baby

Ahrah awoke to the soft touch of someone's hand holding her gently.

"Minho?" she whispered. But as she looked up, she saw it was Taemin dozing off sweetly like a child.

"Mnnn" he muffled. And just as he was about to open his eyes, Ahrah quickly freed herself from his arms.

Taemin blinked a couple of times before looking towards Ahrah. "You're already awake?"

"Yeah." Ahrah blushed, she was kind of embarrassed that he had taken care of her that whole night. On top of that the only guy who she had allowed to see her morning face was Minho.

Taemin giggled quietly as he watched Ahrah fumble with her messy hair.

"Noona, you should go wash up. I'll watch Minhyuk till then."

She nodded and headed towards the washroom. As she cleaned herself up she tried to remember that day before. All of it just seemed like a dream. It was too much in one day for any person to comprehend. In one day she had found Minhyuk, learned he had cancer, and Minho had left. She signed heavily. This is what her life had turned into; one of those really depressing korean dramas. She was just about to finish when she heard giggling.

As she creaked the door open, she could see Minhyuk was awake.

"Taemin Samchoon! Do it again!" He clapped happily, watching Taemin do some funny body popping.

"Having fun, Minhyukee?" Ahrah smiled.

"UMMAAAA!" Minhyuk reached out his arms anxiously. The whole time in the woods she was all he wanted and could think about. He thought she would never find him and now she was there.

"Ummmaaa." He cried as Ahrah held him tightly in her arms.

"It's okay, umma's here now." She tried to soothe him while she gently caressed his little head.

"Umma?" He rubbed his eyes on her sleeve and looked up at her. "Where's Appa?"

Ahrah was kind of taken aback by the question. "Appa? Umm he..."

"He's on a trip, but he'll be back soon. He doesn't want to stay too long from he Minhyukee." Taemin did he best to fake a smile as he looked towards Ahrah, who was fighting the tears. "Minhyuk let me go talk to your umma for a little, okay? We can play afterwards."

Minhyuk frowned. He didn't want his mom to leave him; he just got her back. But he like Taemin so he replied, "Okay!" with his cutest smile.

Taemin gestured Ahrah to walk out of the hospital room.

"Ahrah are you okay? I know this must be hard for you."

Ahrah kept her eyes solely on the ground. "I don't know Taemin. I don't think I can lie that I'm okay right now, but I don't want to tell the truth."

"It's okay Ahrah. You don't have to. But know I'm here for you...and Minhyuk. You both are my family too." Taemin reached for Ahrah's hand.

Ahrah looked up, shocked by how bold he was being. When had her little Taemin grown to be such a sweet man? She had always seen him as a child, the maknae, but here he was saying he'd be her rock when that was Minho's job.

"You don't have to, Taemin."

Taemin smiled, of course she'd refuse help. "I know."

His hand twitched to reach out to her. But just as he moved it forward, he was interupted.

"How is Minhyukee doing, Ms.Jo. And did you have an okay night here?"

"Oh Dr. Hwang. Umm yes Minhyuk just woke up. He seems to be okay. And yes it was fine." Ahrah looked down. Looking up was looking at reality. The reality Minhyuk was really sick.

"Well we won't start treatment till tomorrow. So if want to take Minhyuk out for a day, I will allow you to do so. Just make sure to be back by 7. Otherwise, I won't be able to trust you with other priveledges."

Ahrah nodded in answer. Dr. Hwang then turned around, most likely to get back to his other patients.

Ahrah sighed. It would be nice it Minho were there to spend time with Minhyuk before the chaos was unleashed.

"Can I come along?" Taemin could see her eyes drop to the floor. They were sad and lonely. And the reason for them was clear to him.

Ahrah looked up and smiled. "Sure."

They both walked back into the room and sit by Minhyuk.

"Minhyukee since you've been a good boy. The doctors are going to let you do anything you want today."

Minhyuk clapped his hands and laughed.

Taemin giggled softly. The little boy was cute. "So what did you want to do today?"

"Mmmm I want to go to Lotte world!" Minhyuk waved his hands up in the air, giggling and yelling in excitement.

"Lotte World?" Ahrah was surprised. She didn't know he would want to go there. Although any kids dream day out would probably be an amusement park.

 

*

 

Ahrah held Minhyuk's right hand while Taemin held his left. Taemin pulled his cap down, trying to be chill in a crowd. He was still a celebrity after all.

"Are you sure this is okay?" Ahrah frowned. Minhyukee had picked the most possible crowded place. Which meant that it would be harder for Taemin to blend in or run if he had to. But Taemin just smiled.

"I want to be here."

Ahrah nodded and walked forward.

"Umma can we go on the balloon ride. Please, please, pleaseeee." Minhyuk begged.

"Okay Minhyuk." Ahrah was trying to make sure he had the best day. After this was going to be a tough road for him.

While in line Minhyuk tugged and pulled his mother down. He giggled.

"Umma maybe if we're up high, we could see Appa."

Ahrah's heart sunk.

On the ride Minhyuk leaned as far as he could, hoping he could catch a glimsp of his father.

Ahrah scoulded him. "Don't lean over like that, Minhyuk-ah."

Minhyuk perched down slightly and went back to his search.

Taemin looked over and could see that a sad expression has returned to Ahrah's face. Like she was drawing him closer, he uncontiously scooted near her.

"Is everything alright?"

She didn't answer.

"Ahrah are you okay?"

Ahrah, startled, look up.

"Huh?"

"You miss Minho don't you?"

Ahrah didn't feel like talking. She only looked the other way.

"It's okay. It's not wrong to."

Taemin, knowing Minhyuk was just across from them, unnoticably tried to hold Ahrah's hand. He didn't want to be this way. Lonely. He knew this was how she was feeling. But she wasn't alone. Even though it wasn't his place to be there for her, he want her to know he was by her side.

Ahrah wanted to cry. She wanted to pour everything she was feeling out, right there. Betrayal, loniless, hurt, confused. Everything. But she looked to Minhyuk. If she wasn't strong, who else would be in her place? When Minho was there she didn't have to be. Now was different. Now, she had to be the strength and support of the family.

_____________________________________

Sorry about the late update.

I know I kept you guys waiting ><

It's getting hard for me to write with everything coming to an end.

Soon I'm going to be graduating and AP tests are next week DX

I know this chapter was short so I'm sorry for that too.

I still hope you liked it. Does anyone smell a love triangle coming up :]

Anyways leave me lots of comments and i'll try my best to come back soon