Distance

A Chance to the Past! [Semi-Hiatus]

“That’s a wrap everybody! Thank you for the hard work today!” The PD yelled into his blow horn the rest of the Running Man members also giving their bid goodbyes to the PD and staff, “Thank you for the hard work!” Yoo Jae Suk said politely to the scriptwriters giving a kind smile and going on to another person. Ji Suk Jin and Gwang Soo yelled out their goodbyes before leaving out first, “Bye everyone, see you next week!” They both yelled in unison. Everyone also muttering the same thing, Gary and HaHa were the second to go following up with Yoo Jae Suk who went to give Jong Kook a pat on the back and Ji Hyo a smile and handshake.

Only the two cast members left in the building, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook  were last to go. Jong Kook feeling slightly awkward next to Ji Hyo ever since the incident…She revealed she was dating and had a boyfriend.

He waited for his manager who forgot something inside the building and the same went to Ji Hyo’s manager the two stood outside the building in an awkward silence. “Oppa…” Jong Kook turned his head to glance at the younger and smiled slightly, “Yes Ji Hyo?” “Y-you’re not awkward with me are you?” Ji Hyo’s said worriedly Jong Kook wouldn’t like to lie to her but…at the same time he just really didn’t want to answer her question. It was awkward. After several of minutes of no talking she just shook her, “You know what, forget what I said! It probably is awkward anyways” She whispered the last few words to herself with a disappointed smile on her face. Jong Kook took a glimpse already feeling guilty. He was just about to speak when Ji Hyo’s manager came running, “Sorry Ji Hyo ah! Let’s go now, oh! Jong Kook we’ll be leaving first!” Her manager bowed Jong Kook also doing the same.

Ji Hyo and her manager walking he kept staring at the girl who still kept the depressing smile on her face, but to his notice she turned her head with a sudden bright smile and waved at Jong Kook before turning her head back. Jong Kook just stood still within minutes his head was held low, “Sorry Ji Hyo…if I had a chance I would turn back in time so you wouldn’t be so awkward with everyone…” He sighed head raised back up. He flinched when he saw his manager beside him with a worried look, “Something wrong Jong Kook?” “N-no! It’s nothing really…” His manager just nodded before looking back in the distance he took a quick huff of the air looking back at Jong Kook, “Let’s go shall we?” Jong Kook just smiled widely, “Yeah…”

 

<…기회 to the 지난 ...>

 

The door creaked lightly hearing a little squeak, the buff figure made its way on its bed. Glomping on the soft feathery bed he sighed within the covers before turning on his back. Jong Kook stared at the ceiling blankly before sighing once more he decided to change into a new pair of clothe probably wanting to go to the gym, “Might as well hurry it’ll close soon” He spoke before taking off his t-shirt and looking at the mirror to see his oh-so perfect abs he just stared at himself.  Several minutes of looking for his shorts he huffed angrily, “Ugh, seriously! Blame my manager for borrowing my shorts…” He muttered getting his Adidas sport bag and heading out the door.

On his way out he went straight to fridge to get a bottle of water. Of course, you’ll be tired after working so hard, right? Especially since PD’s have been telling him to go easier on the guests and let them win. It wasn’t really fair…but he did what he was told. Look how famous he’s got because of Running Man despite the other shows he’s been on. Running Man was like a third home for him. X-Man first…especially with Yoon Eun Hye, then there was Family Outing with Lee Hyori (he only took her as a friend), and now Running Man…with Song Ji Hyo.

Surprisingly, with the love lines happening so continuously…it just seemed this time…this specific variety show he couldn’t do it. It was odd, probably for him because people would usually ship him and some other girl. This time it seemed it wasn’t supposed to be him.

He sighed to himself grabbing the keys on the small coffee table and headed out…

 

 <…기회 to the 지난 ...>

 

After the long workout for about an hour or two he saw SHINee’s Minho and Super Junior’s Siwon on the way to gym. They were gym buddies you could say. They had a blast, competing against each other especially Minho who is always known for being competitive in sports. But let me tell you it wasn’t easy for Jong Kook and Siwon. Talk about a great day.

Jong Kook sighed for the millionth time today, so much going through his head.

One was about losing to Minho, and second…

Was about Song Ji Hyo…

It was around 11:30 PM he decided to sleep in early after the many protest going on his head, he took a short shower clearing his mind. After using the bathroom he changed into a new set of PJ’s which consisted a baggy and loose white t-shirt, and his plaid boxers. He fell on the bed on his back and comfortably snuggled against the white, fluffy blanket. He took a deep breath in…and then out. He closed his eyes deliberately still with thoughts in head, mostly about Running Man’s only girl member. It wasn’t too long until he was fast asleep…

There was a strange yellow light glowing around the buff man…

 

<…기회 to the 지난 ...>

 

“Umma, what’s that ahjussi doing with no pa-”

“Shh! He’ll hear you dear!”

“That’s a weird Oppa?”

“I know right?!”

“That hyung is wearing only boxers, hehe!!!”

“Uncivilized students nowadays! The shame!”

Jong Kook heard these voices around him he opened his eyes slowly and rubbing them hastily, finally when his vision cleared he found himself lying on a red brick concrete ground. He was shocked, “W-what?” He mumbled quietly before taking a glance at the people surrounding him. All he saw were two high school girls…not wearing the uniforms in his time (2012) but more like in the past 1990’s…weirdly a boy with his mother wearing groovy clothing. Not only that but a boy who looks like he was in his teens had a cow slick hairstyle, almost like the one time he saw his good gym buddy Siwon in his Mr. Simple music video…almost alike. Lastly, he saw a man in a suit with an 80’s designed tie that’s when Jong Kook knew…

He was definitely not in his time anymore…

It wasn’t long before the chattering started again until a boy screamed loudly, “LOOK LOOK! THERE SHE IS! THE ACTRESS!!!” The people that once surrounded Jong Kook dispersed with huge grins replaced on their faces. You could hear the boys and girls screaming with joy Jong Kook not comprehending the situation finally got up dusting on the small pebbles that stuck on his knees feeling absolutely embarrassed he was still in his shorts and white t-shirt but nonetheless followed the crowd.

Finally making through the crowd with weird glares he huffed and saw in front of him an actress he knew very well…he gasped when he got a good look at who it was before whispering…

“Y-yoon Eun Hye?!” 

______________________________________________________________________________________

Poko24Makashi's Note:

First is chapter up! ^^ Sorry, it sounds really angsty right now D: But I promise it'll start to be much more funnier! This is just the beginning! ^_^ Just letting you guys know that Kim Jong Kook is in the past and not in the present anymore! :)

- Comments and reeviews?! XD <3