02

Love is Inevitable

Myunghee POV

 

I rushed into school as I was running a bit late. Apparently the house that I am living  in now is a bit further away from the school compared to my old house. I hurried to my locker, placing my bag inside messily as I began to search for my books for biology through the mess of exercise books and textbooks.

“Aish! Where is it?” I said as I ruffled my hair.

Getting the stuff I could actually find I shut my locker and ran to the classroom. When I got there the teacher was already starting the lesson, writing something on the board. I opened the door slowly before walking to desk at the back of the classroom which was beside my best friend Lee Hana.

“Kim Myunghee” Mr Park said.

“Yes?” I asked innocently as swivelled around.

“Why are you late?” Mr Park asked as he placed his hands on his hips.

“Mian” I bowed.

“Sit down; do not ever be late again” Mr Park said before turning back to the board.

I stared outside where Myungsoos class were having sport. My eyes followed his every movement. I could see that he was sweating, as it shined in the sunlight. Mr Parks yapping was boring, if I sat there and stared at him teaching I would have fallen asleep for sure.

“Miss kim. What is the difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells?” Mr Park asked.

I gulped as I looked around searching for someone to help me answer this question.

“One has a pro in the front and the other has eu?” I asked innocently.

“Listen to my lesson” Mr Park said angrily before walking to the front of the class again. “As I was saying. Who knows the answer to that question?”

A girl put her hand up.

“Prokaryotic cells have a simple internal structure and Eukaryotic cells have a complex internal structure” the girl answered.

“Very good” Mr Park asked as he eyed the class. “Son Haeun, what are the similarities?”

“They both have organelles” Haeun answered.

“Excellent. Now do the questions 1-5 from the textbook” Mr Park announced before sitting down at his desk.

I sighed in relief as I didn’t have to listen to the boring lecture.

“Hey, Hana. I couldn’t find my textbook” I said as I pouted. “Can we share?”

“Yea, sure” Hana said as she smiled.

I stared at the clock that was hanging on the wall.

“1 minute left of class” I whispered to Hana.

In exactly one minute the bell rang.

I gathered my things and left the class. It was lunchtime so I got some money from my bag, so that I could buy my lunch.

I hurried to the cafeteria and queued at the end of line, which was already long.

“Next time make my own lunch” I said to myself as the line began moving forward.

As I neared the front, I looked at the food displayed. I smiled to myself as I saw they still had some kimchi left.

After getting my food I walked over to my usual table with Hana.

She was already seated eating her home packed meal that here mum had prepared.

“So, I heard you moved houses” Hana started.

“From who?” I asked.

“From you, silly. Give me your address” Hana said as she handed me a piece of paper and a pen.

I hesitated, but I wrote it down anyways.

“Great, I’ll come and check out your house today” Hana said as she smiled.

Uh-oh, Myungsoo is going to kill me.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea” I said.

“Why not?” Hana asked as she continued to stuff food into .

“Because it’s messy” I replied quickly.

“Pft, since when did you care if your house was messy or not when I came over” Hana said as she looked at me suspiciously.

“Uh, this is a new house…” I was cut off as Hana began speaking again.

“You’re hiding something from me” Hana said as she eyed me suspiciously once again.

“I swear it’s nothing” I said as I tried to convince her.

“If it’s nothing, than let me come over today” Hana said.

“Okay fine, I’ll tell you, but you can’t tell anyone” I sighed.

Just as I was about to tell Hana, Myungsoo walked past, I eyed him as he walked past out table.

“Yah, stop staring at him” Hana yelled.

I clamped my hands over .

“Yah, why are you so loud” I bit my lip in embarrassment.

I bet he heard that.

“Tell me” Hana encouraged.

“Well, you know how my dad re-married?” I started.

She nodded her head.

“Well, the son of my new mum is Myungsoo” I whispered.

“For real” Hana shouted.

I face palmed myself. Why did I tell this girl? She’ll probably tell the whole world with that loud voice of hers.

“Shh” I shushed her.

“Wow, living with your crush. Lucky” Hana said as she pouted.

“It’s not lucky, if he has a bad temper” I said as I scrunched up my nose.

 

I arrived home, I dropped my on the floor and took off my shoes. I had finally convinced Hana not to come over.

“You told Hana” Myungsoo said as he came through the door.

How did he know?

“I hope that’s okay with you…” I whispered.

“As long as no-one else knows” Myungsoo stated firmly.

“Of course” I said happily. “Oh, what would you like for dinner?”

“You are not cooking ever again, understand? I’ll cook dinner” Myungsoo said as his face hardened at the sound of my cooking.

“Oh, okay” I said as I started walking towards my room.

I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. The ceiling was a cream colour.

I played some music and plugged both of my earphones into my ears. My favourite group was infinite. Their songs are the best. I put their songs to shuffle and closed my eyes.

Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

 

No-one POV

“KIM MYUNGHEE” Myungsoo called.

He got no answer and walked to Myunghees room. He entered without bothering to knock.

He stayed by the door for a few minutes, staring at Myunghees sleeping figure. When he realized what he was doing, he snapped out of it and walked over to the bed pulling out her earphones.

“Yah, Myunghee” Myungsoo said as he shook her.

“Mmm” Myunghee said.

“Wake up, it’s time for dinner” Myungsoo said before leaving the room.

After 10 minuted Myunghee still hadn’t shown up at the dinner table and Myungsoo was getting frustrated.

“This girl” Myungsoo said as he walked to her room once again.

“Are you going to wake up or not?” Myungsoo yelled. 

Myunghee didn’t budge.

Myungsoo shook her shoulders, trying to get her to wake up. When she finally started rubbing her eyes, Myungsoo let go of her and walked out.

“Dinner now” Myungsoo shouted.

“Geez, no need to get mad mum” Myunghee said softly to herself.