One For Sorrow, Two For Joy

What a Year

It has been around a week since the eight finished filming their music video. The summer was dying, and the autumn was waking up, as the leaves changed into fiery red, honey yellow and chocolate brown.

The Chuseok season was approaching, and the eight were excited, as they remembered that they would be doing a photoshoot with Apink promoting the fans the Chuseok festival. They boarded the van, and were thrilled to see another van from the same entertainment company, and out the van stepped Apink! They greeted each other and walked into the modelling studio, where the crew bowed to them, gave them their desired hanbok and lead them to a private dressing room each.

Alfie could not resist the colours of his hanbok. The hanbok not only fitted perfectly, but he could nto help gazing into his reflection of himself wearing blue pants, a light purple jeogori and a pink vest and magoja over it.

The photoshoot went relatively well, however there was only one problem. It was time for the eight to pair up with a member of Apink. There were only seven members, so Alfie was excluded, with no partner. Alfie blushed, looked down and his feet and sighed as he stared at the seven happy cute couples rejoicing.


However, there was still hope. The cameramen brought a Cube Entertainment trainee named So-ae, whom the cameramen said would be Alfie's partner, sticking a rice cake into Alfie's mouth.

Despite the effort from seven of the members, Alfie and So-ae struggled to work together. So-ae had a very divaish attitude, and continued to complain about Alfie.

"Alfie, you're not standing right.....Alfie, you seem too nervous......Alfie, your breath stinks, it makes me uncomfortable when I put a rice cake in your mouth.....Alfie, why did you have to be my partner in the first place...."

The complaints of So-ae really put off the fourteen who were working so hard for the photoshoot, whilst the other crew glanced at Alfie's pouty, terrified and worried face. He was so passive and timid that his lips began to wobble and he began to blush a bright red once again.

"Alright," the crew announced, "we're doing well here, but I think that we have a bit of a problem in terms of companionship. Alfie, partner with Naeun, whilst you, Hyunsik, may have So-ae as your partner."

Alfie could see the disappointment in both Naeun and Hyunsik's faces. However, Alfie decided not to get any more involved in this by keeping his lips shut and carrying forth. However, he liked Naeun better, and so the shoot went well on forwards. He thought Naeun was a nice girl.

"Alright, it's a wrap!" the cameramen announced after around an hour, "Well done everyone, you all deserve a break after all your hard work, and a treat!"

The sixteen were all treated to the dressing room, where they shared a platter of rice cake. They all dove in, fighting for the best looking rice cake.

 

Alfie noticed that there was only one rice cake left. He did not remember there being fifteen rice cakes in the first place, as there was definitely more than that. It was pink, had a relaxing aroma, and had a very sticky texture, however rice cakes were heaven for Alfie, as long as they were in different colours and were filled with red bean paste. Hyunsik and Alfie were the last ones near the platter.

Alfie reached for the rice cake, but Hyunsik, who was walking up to the table pushed him aside and blurted out, "That's my rice cake."

Gasps filled the room, as a sobbing Alfie laid on the floor, his formerly tidy pants now smeared with dirt, and blue thread sticking out at the kneecaps, even though the bow on his chest was still tied in perfect assymetrical neatness.

"I can't believe we had to swap models," Hyunsik complained, "You could have done much better with So-ae if you weren't so passive. I really wanted Naeun the whole time."

Alfie was so defenseless that they could not help but cry. So-ae only spat at him in disgust and poked him in the cheek.

"Babo, I should never have come to this damn shoot in the first place. But I am glad I got Hyunsik though."

Whilst some girls look for the masculine, buff-type sort of men, several of the girls look for the cute ggotminam type, like Apink. They could not help but feel sorrow for Alfie, who was in so much humiliation. Even a little sobbing from a tall guy like Alfie didn't bother them.

Namjoo, who was around Alfie's age intervened, "What's the matter with you? Can't you see that Alfie is already scared? Stop blaming him!"

Bomi joined in, "He's already in so much pain."

Alfie stood up to his feet and tried to calm down the situation, telling the girls, "No, it's alright, I can handle this myself."

Naeun gave Hyunsik a disgusted look as she put down her rice cake. "Uggh....so immature....I thought better of Hyunsik....." she whispered to Hayoung.

Being overwhelmed by the number of girls intervening and defending Alfie, Hyunsik too decided to shut his lips, as he wanted to keep his manly concept by avoiding getting into fights with girls.

Just then, Chorong and Eunkwang instantly jumped up to their feet and shouted, "Alright, guys, stop fighting! Let's go home and think about this. No more nonsense, we don't want any more confrontations."

Sungjae gave Alfie a hug, whilst giving Hyunsik a cold stare as they changed into their normal clothes and headed for the van taking them back home. Hyunsik brushed him as they climbed into the van. Despite Alfie's humiliation, and that being unusual for Alfie to work with two female models at the same time, it was also a lucky experience for him to work for Apink. Working with one would be sorrow, however with two would be joy.