Chapter 2

My Fake Relationship With My Ex Bodyguard
After a minute of kissing, Tiffany pulled away first in need of oxygen. Her arms were wrapped around Taeyeon's neck. She looked at Taeyeon and saw that her ex bodyguard was panting.

 

"I don't care Tiffany. You can stay with Taeyeon but you still need to marry Kibum," Mr Hwang said bluntly.

 

"What? Why are you so heartless daddy?" Tiffany asked as she entwined her hand with Taeyeon's. Taeyeon squeezed Tiffany's hand as a way of saying 'I'm here. You don't need to worry.'

 

"This is for your own good Tiffany. I don't think Taeyeon can give you things that Kibum can buy for you. She's only a country girl," Mr Hwang replied.

 

Taeyeon did not know that Mr Hwang had this kind of side. All she had seen from Mr Hwang was his kindness. He treated her like her own daughter and gave her anything she wanted but Taeyeon never wanted anything from the man. "I didn't know you were like this, Mr Hwang," Taeyeon said coldly and pulled her hand away from Tiffany. She clenched her jaws together and walked out of the restaurant.

 

Tiffany felt the need to look for Taeyeon. She glared at her father and spoke in a cold tone, "You didn't have to embarrass her like that daddy." Tiffany ran out of the restaurant and went on a search for Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany knew the streets of Seoul well but this time, she was lost in the crowd. She was too focused in trying to find Taeyeon that she had not seen where she was heading to. She looked around and was starting to get scared as it was getting darker and the crowd slowly lessen.

 

The brunette was about to cry when she felt a pair of arms embracing her from the back. She wanted to scream but calmed down when she heard Taeyeon's soothing voice. "It's just me Tiffany-sshi. What are you doing out here alone?" Taeyeon asked worriedly. What if the younger girl got kidnapped? Or maybe ?

 

"I was searching for you idiot," Tiffany replied. She leaned in closer to Taeyeon and slid her hand under Taeyeon's hands. Warmth coated her and she felt safe.

 

'What...am I feeling?' she thought.

 

"Are you cold Tiffany-sshi?" Taeyeon asked as she noticed Tiffany's action. Tiffany nodded and Taeyeon released her. By reflex, Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon's arms and wrapped it around her once again.

 

"I-I was going to take off my blazer and l-let you wear it instead Tiffany-sshi," Taeyeon stuttered. She was surprised by Tiffany's action. Tiffany shook her head and stood firmly in her spot.

 

"I'm already warm in this position," Tiffany said mindlessly.

 

'Is she falling for me? No, it can't be. This is all an act,' Taeyeon thought. She sighed and released Tiffany once again. She quickly took her blazer off and handed it to Tiffany. "Put it on," she told Tiffany.

 

Tiffany pouted but did what was instructed by Taeyeon. She slid her hands into both holes and hugged her body tightly. She saw Taeyeon wearing a short sleeved T-shirt and frowned. Taeyeon was feeling cold and she knew that the older girl was fighting with the coldness. "Now you're cold," Tiffany stated.

 

"It's alright Tiffany-sshi," Taeyeon said and smiled reassuringly. Tiffany shook her head and held onto Taeyeon's hand.

 

"Feeling better now?" Tiffany asked as she showed her rare eye smile at Taeyeon.

 

"Y-yeah," Taeyeon replied. She was mesmerized by Tiffany's eye smile. It was such a rare look that she gets from Tiffany. The latter only showed her eye smile to either her friends or someone she likes. "Tiffany-sshi, what am I to you now?"

 

"You're my friend now," Tiffany chirped. Taeyeon smiled. She was starting to feel really cold and pulled Tiffany to the corner of the road and hailed for a taxi. "It's rare for a taxi to come at this time," Tiffany told Taeyeon.

 

"Ah, what should we do now?" Taeyeon pouted. She was starting to feel really cold. Tiffany found it cute and she squealed, shocking Taeyeon. "What's wrong Tiffany-sshi?"

 

"You are so cute Taeyeon ah. I should have treated you nicer in the past," Tiffany said and pinched her fake girlfriend's cheeks.

 

"If you continue to do this to me Tiffany-sshi, I might really fall for you," Taeyeon joked. She did not know Tiffany would take it seriously.

 

"Don't Taeyeon. I'm straight like I said. I'm not going to repeat myself anymore," Tiffany said coldly. She felt her heart tugged when she said that. It felt wrong for her to say that.

 

"I was just joking alright," said Taeyeon, who was hurt emotionally.

 

Since there were no taxis around, Tiffany had called her chauffeur to pick them up. Taeyeon had been quiet since Tiffany spoke coldly to her. Tiffany looked at the blonde and questioned, "Why did you kiss me back?"

 

"..." "Are you mad at me Taeyeon?"

 

"..."

 

"I'm sorry. You know I really hate being in a same gender relationship. It's just not right."

 

"I don't mean to be rude Tiffany-sshi but please, be quiet. I'm not in the mood to talk now."

 

"...Okay..."

 

Tiffany would usually shout back at Taeyeon for being either rude or cold. However this time, she could only mutter an okay and felt hurt by Taeyeon's coldness.

 

"He's here. Let's go," Taeyeon said and walked to the car, leaving Tiffany behind.

 

"Why is she acting like this?" Tiffany murmured. She walked towards the car and entered.

 

Tiffany saw Taeyeon already asleep in the car. She also saw that Taeyeon was shivering and told her chauffeur to turn off the air-con. "She sleeps like a baby," Tiffany said to herself. She positioned her head on Taeyeon's shoulder and went to sleep.

 

"Miss Tiffany, we have reached our destination," the chauffeur said.

 

Taeyeon woke up first and rubbed her eyes. She wanted to stretched her arms until she felt a weight on her shoulder. She smiled slightly seeing Tiffany sleeping on her shoulder comfortably. "Do you need my help in carrying Miss Tiffany, Taeyeon-sshi?" the chauffeur asked.

 

"It's okay. I can carry her myself," Taeyeon replied. She carefully, without waking Tiffany up, get out of the car and afterwards, piggybacked Tiffany to the latter's room. "Sleep well Tiffany-sshi."

 

"Taeyeon, I need to speak to you," Mr Hwang said as he spotted the blonde. Taeyeon nodded and entered his office.

 

"I gave you a job to protect her not to fall in love with her," Mr Hwang shouted. His room was soundproof. No one can hear anything from outside.

 

"We love each other. That's all I can say," Taeyeon gritted her teeth.

 

"I want you to break up with her," Mr Hwang instructed.

 

"No," Taeyeon objected.

 

"Then I'll see how much longer you two will last."

 

"Don't underestimate us."

 

"Just be prepared to leave if Tiffany finally marries Kibum."

 

"I'll run away with her before the marriage happens."

 

"You're a daring person Taeyeon. I admire you for that."

 

"If there's nothing else. Please allow me to leave. I'm tired."

 

"You may do so Taeyeon."

--

 

After showering, Tiffany sat back on her bed and grabbed the pink blazer on her bed. She took in the scent and hugged it tighter. There was a knock on the door and Tiffany put the blazer away. "Come in," she said coldly.

 

Taeyeon's head popped in and Tiffany put down her cold mask. Taeyeon entered the room with a tray once again and placed it on Tiffany's bed. "I'll be going now," she said and bowed to Tiffany.

 

"Stay," Tiffany ordered Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon lowered her head and stood beside Tiffany's bed. The younger girl giggled and pulled Taeyeon to sit beside her. "You're not going to stand forever right? And relax, we must pretend to be a couple. Daddy has a lot of spies," Tiffany whispered the last two sentence.

 

Taeyeon nodded and sat beside Tiffany awkwardly. Sensing something wrong, Tiffany sighed. "What's wrong Taeyeon ah?"

 

"Are we doing the right thing Tiffany-sshi? Aren't you forcing yourself to do something you don't like?" Taeyeon questioned Tiffany.

 

"Of course we are. Let's pretend this is a role play okay?" Tiffany answered. She smiled and pecked Taeyeon's cheek.

 

'You're hurting and making me fall for you more at the same time Tiffany,' Taeyeon thought.

 

"Let's eat now. Open your mouth Taeyeon ah," Tiffany said and pointed the spoon filled with porridge in front of Taeyeon's mouth.

 

"It's okay. I've already eaten, Tiffany-sshi," Taeyeon said.

 

Tiffany pouted. She put down the spoon and folded her arms. "You feed me instead Taeyeon," she grinned.

 

Taeyeon bobbed her head up and down. She grabbed the bowl and scooped a spoonful of porridge from the bowl and fed it to the hungry Tiffany. "This is nice. Your cooking is the best Taeyeon!" Tiffany said and gave a thumbs up to Taeyeon.

 

'How could someone who has been cold to me since we met be friendly to me in a day?' Taeyeon thought.

 

Taeyeon scooped another spoonful and this time, instead of feeding Tiffany, she ate it instead. "Yah!" Tiffany shouted playfully. Taeyeon laughed and put the bowl down. "You're a meanie! That's my breakfast," Tiffany whined. She pouted and without thinking, Taeyeon leaned in and pecked Tiffany's lips.

 

The younger girl was shocked. Her expression changed and she looked at Taeyeon coldly. "I'm so sorry Tiffany-sshi," Taeyeon apologized and left the room.

 

For the whole day, Tiffany ignored Taeyeon. She distracted herself by hanging out with Kibum. Taeyeon was obviously jealous but she could not stop Tiffany. They were not a real couple and Tiffany was straight. She was in her room all day until Tiffany entered her room at midnight.

 

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be spending time with your soon-to-be husband?" Taeyeon asked coldly. She could not help it.

 

"Why do you sound jealous? It's not like we're a real couple," Tiffany said bluntly.

 

"How long are we going to pretend? I...We can't be living a lie for our whole life," Taeyeon raised her voice.

 

"We can stop if you want to. Whether we date or not, I'm still going to get married to Kibum oppa."

 

"It was your idea in the first place. Not mine."

 

"So you're blaming me now?"

 

"..."

 

"Are you?"

 

Silence once again.

 

"Answer me Kim Taeyeon!"

 

Tiffany heard light snores and saw that Taeyeon was already asleep. She sighed and studied Taeyeon's feature. She left the room and went to her room. She did not bother to change her clothes and lied on her bed. She tossed and turned but still failed at getting to sleep. She grabbed the blazer under her pillow and inhaled the scent like she always does. "You're an idiot Taeyeon. Why are you making my life more difficult," Tiffany talked to herself. Soon, she was asleep with the blazer still in her hand.

 

The next night, Jessica had invited Tiffany to go partying. Tiffany agreed to it since she wanted to clear her mind and sneaked out of the house thinking that no one saw her sneaking out. Well, she did not know that Taeyeon had spotted her.

 

"Hey Tiff," Jessica greeted as she saw her best friend. She hugged her and pecked each other's cheek. "I heard you are going with that cute ex bodyguard of yours," Jessica said. "What happened to I don't date girls?"

 

"It's only an act Jessi. We're not actually dating," Tiffany said like it was nothing.

 

"Ouch. You're playing with her feelings Tiffany," Yuri said as she joined her girlfriend and friend.

 

"What do you mean?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Can't you see that Taeyeon actually likes you? The way she looked at guys when you are really close them. She once drank a whole bottle because she was jealous," Jessica told Tiffany.

 

"Another proof is how she still chose to protect you although you've been mean to her. She really likes you Tiffany," Yuri added.

 

"Why can't you two just stop talking about Taeyeon? It totally ruins my mood. I'm going home now," Tiffany said. She turned her heels and stomped off angrily. She hailed a taxi and told the driver her address.

 

"When will she ever realise seobang?" Jessica asked her girlfriend. She sighed and closed her eyes.

 

"Maybe she will realise if Taeyeon leaves her for good," Yuri replied. She kissed her girlfriend's neck and placed her chin on Jessica's shoulder.

 

"You fail at sneaking out Tiffany-sshi," Taeyeon said. The younger girl was startled and she accidentally hit Taeyeon with her bag. "Just tell me you don't want to talk to me. No need to hit me," Taeyeon pouted. She was acting cute on the outside but was hurt on the inside.

 

Tiffany dropped her bag and checked Taeyeon's face. "Are you alright Taeyeon?" she asked worriedly. Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's hand and put it down.

 

"I'm alright Tiffany-sshi. It's only a bag not a metal or knife," Taeyeon joked. Tiffany frowned and walked away. Taeyeon tilted her head and asked, "What's wrong?" Tiffany did not reply. She continued walking and Taeyeon followed her.

 

Before Tiffany could shut her door, Taeyeon quickly entered and locked the door. "Why do you always act like nothing happens after we fight?" Tiffany asked. Taeyeon chuckled and smiled.

 

"It will be too obvious and people would be suspicious," Taeyeon replied.

 

"This is all an act right? You don't actually love me right?"

 

"Of course it is. I promised you didn't I?"

 

Tiffany leaned closer to Taeyeon and hear her heartbeat. It was beating really fast.

 

"When you're in love with someone, your heart will beat rapidly and it will beat like that only to that person," Tiffany remembered what her late mother told her.

 

'You're lying,' Tiffany thought.

 

Tiffany placed her hand on her own chest and felt it beating the same way as Taeyeon's. Tears stream down her cheeks and she pushed Taeyeon away.

 

'I'm lying to myself as well.'

 

"Why are you lying to me Taeyeon? Your heart says otherwise," Tiffany muttered.

 

"I can say the same thing to you. Why are you lying to yourself?" Taeyeon asked Tiffany.

 

"I hate you," Tiffany said aloud.

 

"Like I said, since when did you like me?" Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"I hate you," Tiffany said again. She was trying to convince herself.

 

"Why are you trying to hate me? We could maybe try for real and see how it goes," Taeyeon suggested.

 

"No we can't. I'm straight."

 

"Stop trying to convince yourself."

 

"I'm not-"

 

Taeyeon leaned in closer and closed the gap between Tiffany. Tiffany wanted to push Taeyeon away but her mind made her do the opposite. She kissed Taeyeon back and wrapped her hands around Taeyeon's neck.

 

Taeyeon pulled away first, panting. She looked into Tiffany's eyes and saw that she was afraid. "I can't do this Taeyeon ah. I can't. We will just continue being in a fake relationship until I get married," Tiffany said and released Taeyeon.

 

"Let me prove that I can be much better than the guy you're marrying," Taeyeon said, determined.

 

Instead of getting closer, Taeyeon and Tiffany were drifting instead. Every time Taeyeon wanted to send Tiffany her food, the younger girl would always lock the door. It was like the first day she became Tiffany's bodyguard. "I guess the fake relationship doesn't help at all. I wish I was still her bodyguard and she was still giving me the cold shoulders," Taeyeon said to herself.

 

"Why don't you become my bodyguard back then?" Tiffany asked. She was all dressed up ready to meet Kibum.

 

"That's because I can't. I'm...I just can't," Taeyeon replied. She did not want to tell Tiffany that she would be kicked out of the mansion after Tiffany gets married.

 

"Whatever," Tiffany said. "I'm sorry I can't accept you Taeyeon."

--

 

It was a day before Tiffany and Kibum's marriage. Everyone was gathered at a hall that Mr Hwang had booked a week ago. Taeyeon was present but she was left alone.

 

With Tiffany ignoring her and got closer to Kibum, the older girl was not sure if Tiffany was doing it on purpose or she really liked Kibum.

 

"Tiffany doesn't need you anymore. Go and pack up now. You are to leave before dawn," Mr Hwang told Taeyeon.

 

"Can't I at least watch her get married?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"No," Mr Hwang replied.

 

Taeyeon nodded and walked passed a room. She stopped when she heard someone inside the room. "Stop it Kibum," Taeyeon heard Tiffany say. Taeyeon kicked the door on purpose. The door opened and Taeyeon panicked.

 

"Taeyeon?" Tiffany said in a small voice. A pang of guilt washed inside of her.

 

Taeyeon scanned Tiffany up and down. She felt her heart clenched as she saw Tiffany half-. "I'm sorry. Somebody accidentally pushed me. I didn't know it was unlocked," Taeyeon said coldly.

 

"Where are you going? The party isn't over yet," Tiffany asked.

 

"We're not a couple. Why would you care where I'm going to?" Taeyeon answered.

 

"Because I actually do care Kim Taeyeon," Tiffany admitted.

 

"Have a good night Fany ah," Taeyeon said. "I've always wanted to call you by that name."

 

At that moment, time seemed to stop and only their heartbeats could be heard. Tiffany had connected her lips with Taeyeon's. She pulled away and said, "That will be our final kiss Taeyeon ah."

 

"Guards, kick her out," Mr Hwang instructed his bodyguards. Two well-built guys grabbed Taeyeon's arm each and dragged her out of the building.

 

Taeyeon had packed all her bags and before leaving, she went to Tiffany's room. She smiled remembering the time she would bring a tray of food for Tiffany. Taeyeon spotted something sticking out under Tiffany's pillow. She pulled it out and chuckled silently. "I thought it was missing," she said as she folded the pink blazer. Taeyeon took out a dookong from her bag and placed it on top of the blazer. She then wrote a letter on a sticky pad and stick it on the toy. "Goodbye Tiffany-sshi," Taeyeon said sadly. "Hope you last long with Kibum oppa. He seems like a nice guy."

 


A/N: I'm sorry if the story is too fast =< The next chapter might be the last one unless you readers want me to continue. Do comment alright? I don't bite~

~A little fact about me...I'm 13 years old this year and turning 14 next year~