Chapter 1

My Fake Relationship With My Ex Bodyguard
Inhaling the night's cold air, a blonde was walking behind her boss as she was her bodyguard. It was not supposed to turn out like this in the first place. Before she became a bodyguard, she was a normal, bubbly country girl from Jeonju named Kim Taeyeon. She had no worries in her life.

 

She decided to move to Seoul when she was twenty. She wanted independence and her parents allowed her. Little did she know back then she was going to be protecting someone with her life.

 

"Yah danshin, are you listening to me?" the brunette in front of her screamed at her. It attracted other's attention but the brunette cared less about it.

 

"I'm sorry Tiffany-sshi," Taeyeon apologized. She bowed ninety degrees at her boss although she was older than her.

 

Tiffany puffed her cheeks and sighed. "Forget it. Take me home now," she said angrily and made a turn to walk back to her vehicle.

 

Taeyeon sighed and obediently followed Tiffany. If she had not made the mistake in the past, she would have already live a happy life in Seoul. She would have made some friends and maybe even find herself a lover.

 

The bright pink convertible could be seen from where Taeyeon was standing. The colour was really bright that it could hurt one's eyes. Taeyeon hated the colour but did not dare tell her boss.

 

"What's wrong with you Kim Taeyeon? I hired you to protect me not-"

 

Tiffany had accidentally tripped on her own leg, making her fall forward. Taeyeon caught the younger girl and, not on purpose, pulled her into a hug. Warmth spread inside both body, feeling a tingling sensation at the same time. Realizing the position they were in, Tiffany pushed her bodyguard roughly. "What was that for?" Tiffany muttered with a hint of red on her cheeks.

 

Taeyeon arched an eyebrow as she looked at the girl in front of her. Was Tiffany blushing because her bodyguard hugged her? Pushing the thought aside, Taeyeon smiled slightly at her boss. The latter looked really adorable.

 

"Can you stop spacing out? What's with the smile on your face anyways?" Tiffany asked furiously.

 

Taeyeon flinched at Tiffany's loud voice. "Can't she just talk to me nicely for once?" Taeyeon said in her head. She ignored her boss's questions and walked to the pink car. She opened the car door for Tiffany but the younger girl did not move an inch. "Are you asking me to carry you in the car Tiffany-sshi?" Taeyeon said sarcastically.

 

Tiffany stomped her bodyguard's foot before entering the car. Taeyeon clenched her jaws together and smiled widely at Tiffany. She closed the car door and made her way to the driver's seat but Tiffany had beaten Taeyeon to it first and drove off without her. "Yah! This isn't how you treat a bodyguard!" Taeyeon shouted at the moving car. Taeyeon groaned in frustration and hailed a cab to the Hwang's mansion.

 

Tiffany had a sly smirk on her face as she parked her car inside the garage. She got out of the car and went to the living room only to see her father looking at her with a displeased look. "Why did you leave Taeyeon behind?" he asked.

 

"I don't want a bodyguard daddy! Especially one like her," Tiffany answered in a loud voice.

 

Unknowingly to Tiffany, Taeyeon had heard what she had said. Taeyeon had heard it a lot but she kept it inside her and just continued her job as a bodyguard to please Mr Hwang. However, Taeyeon could not handle it anymore. She was sick of Tiffany's childishness and stubbornness. "I'll quit then," Taeyeon simply said in a cold tone. "I didn't even want to be your bodyguard in the first place."

 

'I wanted to be your lover,' Taeyeon thought.

 

Tiffany turned around and said, "I'll be more than happy if you quit. I won't have to see your annoying face every day anymore."

 

Taeyeon, hurt by the comment, took off her white blazer that was given by Mr Hwang on her first day of work and threw it to the ground. She turned around and left the house without even turning around to look at either Tiffany or Mr Hwang. That day onwards, Taeyeon was free from Tiffany. However, she wished that Tiffany would have stopped her.

 

Tiffany's phone rang. She fished out her phone from her bag and answered without looking at the ID. "Wanna have fun at the club tonight, Tiff? Oh, and don't forget to bring that bodyguard of yours. She's so cute. How I wish she was my bodyguard instead," Jessica said dreamily.

 

"She's no longer my bodyguard. She quitted," Tiffany said much to her annoyance.

 

"Why did you do that? She's been treating you well from what I see," Jessica said as she stripped down her clothes to change to her clubbing attire.

 

"Why do you care about her so much? How about Yuri?" Tiffany shouted through the phone. Hearing someone talk about Taeyeon made her blood boil.

 

"Calm down okay? I'll shut up. I'll pick you up at 8," Jessica told Tiffany and hung up.

 

Tiffany let out a deep sigh and walked to her room, stepping on the white blazer in the process.

 

"Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, you are grounded!" Mr Hwang said calmly. He was tired of listening to Tiffany all the time. He only wanted what was best for his daughter.

 

"You can't tell me what to do anymore. I'm already an adult," Tiffany said and got ready for the night.

 

Taeyeon had fallen in love with Tiffany since she laid her eyes on the girl. She was too mesmerized by Tiffany's looks that she made a mistake and became her bodyguard. Taeyeon was not too happy hearing that she would be a bodyguard but if that was the way she could see Tiffany every single day, she was willing to do it.

 

The beautiful scenery of Han's River was astonishing even at night. Taeyeon took a deep breath of the night's air and sighed. She should not have quitted the job because of Tiffany's attitude. Now, she had nowhere to go and all her stuff were in the Hwang's mansion. "I should just go back and apologize. I need the job badly," Taeyeon muttered. She groaned at the thought of having to serve Tiffany again and walked back to the Hwang's mansion. She hoped that Mr Hwang would give her a second chance. "She's beautiful on the outside but ugly in the inside," Taeyeon mentally said.

 

Taeyeon could enter the mansion anytime she wanted to because she had the key. She twisted the key inside the keyhole and afterwards the door knob. She entered the mansion and found Mr Hwang sitting in the living room with a troubled look. Taeyeon walked silently to Mr Hwang and stood in front of him. "What's wrong Uncle?" she asked.

 

Mr Hwang looked up and smiled. "Tiffany is getting out of hands lately and I decided to get her married soon," he said. Taeyeon felt her heart shatter into pieces.

 

"Oh," Taeyeon said dumbly.

 

"Won't you ask who Tiffany's soon-to-be husband is?" Mr Hwang asked.

 

"W-Who is it?" Taeyeon stammered. Her chances to get Tiffany was destroyed unless Tiffany rejects the guy's hand-in-marriage.

 

"It is Mr Kim's son, Kim Kibum," Mr Hwang replied enthusiastically. He clasped his hands together and smiled widely.

 

"Does Tiffany know about this?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"No. That is why there will be a dinner with the Kim's tomorrow at a restaurant. You need not need to follow me," Mr Hwang replied.

 

"I understand, Uncle," Taeyeon said and bowed.

 

"You can continue to stay here Taeyeon but be prepared to move out when Tiffany is married with Kibum," Mr Hwang said to Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany and Jessica were already in the club. Jessica made her way to her girlfriend and Tiffany followed behind her. "Where's your short bodyguard?" Jessica's girlfriend, Yuri asked Tiffany.

 

"She quitted," Tiffany replied. She rolled her eyes when she saw Yuri giving a kiss on the lips to her girlfriend. Tiffany did not like a same gender relationship. However, Jessica was her only friend. She had to accept it.

 

"Why did she quit?" Jessica asked. She was settled on Yuri's lap. The latter had her arms around her girlfriend's waist so that she would not fall.

 

"If you guys are going to talk about that annoying bodyguard of mine, I'll just enjoy myself on the dancefloor," Tiffany said and made her way to the crowd that were dancing.

 

The brunette had found her target. He was a tall, well-built guy with a charming smile. Tiffany made her way to him and purposely touched his hand. The guy looked at Tiffany and smiled. "I'm sorry. I thought you were my friend," Tiffany lied.

 

"That's alright. Would you like to dance with me?" the guy offered. Tiffany smiled seductively and threw herself to the guy.

--

 

Tiffany went home, drunk. She does not get drunk easily but tonight, she had exceeded her drinking limit. The guy she met at the club had drove her home and decided to take advantage of the drunk Tiffany. Sadly, Taeyeon was still awake because she was worried about Tiffany. She saw the guy and pulled Tiffany away from him. "Stay away from her," Taeyeon growled at the guy.

 

"Yah! Why...are...you here?" Tiffany asked in a slurred voice.

 

Taeyeon ignored Tiffany's question and carried her inside the house. She kicked Tiffany's door open and carefully lay Tiffany onto her bed. "Goodnight Tiffany-sshi," Taeyeon muttered.

 

"Sleep with me," Tiffany said softly and held onto Taeyeon's wrist tightly. Taeyeon did not know whether Tiffany was sober or drunk.

 

"I'm sorry I can't Tiffany-sshi," Taeyeon turned the offer down and pulled her wrist from Tiffany's grip.

 

"You won't get a chance like this again you know," Tiffany said and patted at the empty space beside her.

 

"No thanks Tiffany-sshi. You're drunk," Taeyeon said and bowed slightly at Tiffany.

 

"No I'm not," Tiffany giggled. She stood up from her bed and clumsily walker towards Taeyeon. She tripped onto her own leg and fell into Taeyeon's arms. "You're so comfortable TaeTae. I feel safe in your arms," Tiffany said as she snuggled close to Taeyeon's chest.

 

Taeyeon, turning bright red, pushed Tiffany away politely. "You are obviously drunk Tiffany-sshi. You wouldn't be complimenting me if you were sober," she stated. Taeyeon looked down and saw that Tiffany was already sleeping soundly in her arms.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and put Tiffany to bed. "Good night once again, Tiffany-sshi," Taeyeon said and turned off the lights.

 

Tiffany woke up the next day and felt the worst hangover of her life. She groaned and cupped her head. She sat upright and blushed at yesterday night's incident. "Why was I acting like that to that midget?" she muttered.

 

Speak of the devil, Taeyeon entered the room with a tray. She smiled when she saw that Tiffany was awake. "Here's your breakfast Tiffany-sshi. Take this pill after you're done eating. It helps with your hangover," Taeyeon said and placed the tray on Tiffany's bed.

 

"So you're my maid now?" Tiffany asked coldly. She did not mean it but her head was killing her.

 

"I rather be called a butler than a maid," said Taeyeon.

 

"Whatever."

 

"..."

 

"Thanks for saving me yesterday."

 

"Oh that. It's nothing."

 

"Why did you save me? I've been bad to you."

 

"Whether I'm still your bodyguard or not, I will always be by your side protecting you. I don't care if you don't like me."

 

"That sounded like a confession. How I wish my future boyfriend will confess to me like you did."

 

"Hurry up and eat. Your father is waiting for you in his office. Don't forget to eat the pill too."

 

"If you were a guy Taeyeon, I think I would have dated you already."

 

"If I were a guy, I don't think I want you because you're loud and violent."

 

"Yah! Watch your mouth Kim."

 

Taeyeon chuckled and walked out of the room. She sighed at the thought of Tiffany getting married to someone she barely knew.

 

Tiffany started eating her breakfast and found it delicious. It was not like her usual breakfast which sometimes tasted really bland. Although it was a simple meal consisting of bacon and scrambled eggs, it was so far the best she ever tasted.

 

After she was done eating, Tiffany swallowed the pill and went to take a quick shower. When she got out of the bathroom, the tray was already taken away and there was a note on her bed.

 

'You must have really liked the meal. You never finished your food once. I'm such a great cook aren't I?'

 

Tiffany giggled at the note. She was much comfortable with Taeyeon ever since last night when she was drunk. Tiffany wore a simple pink T-shirt with denim jeans and went to her father's office. She knocked onto the door and heard her father's rough voice allowing her to enter.

 

"Why do you want to see me daddy?" Tiffany asked, obviously not interested.

 

"Mr Kim and I have decided to get you married to his son. You need to grow up Tiffany," Mr Hwang replied seriously.

 

"No! I'm not ready to get married yet!" Tiffany shouted at her father.

 

"You're getting married to Kibum and that's final. We'll be having dinner with the Kim family later," Mr Hwang said.

 

"Taeyeon has to follow. I don't want to die of boredom there," Tiffany bluntly says.

 

Mr Hwang was amused. He knew that Tiffany hated her ex bodyguard. "When did you get so close to Taeyeon? And no, I told her not to follow us. It's only between the two families."

 

"I'm not going if Taeyeon is not present."

 

"You know Mr Kim hates outsiders."

 

"So? Taeyeon has to follow. I don't care."

 

Mr Hwang sighed. "Fine. You can bring Taeyeon along."

 

"Yay! Thanks daddy."

 

Tiffany left the room and ran to Taeyeon's room. She entered Taeyeon's room without knocking and turned red when she saw that Taeyeon was only in her undergarments. "At least put a shirt on!" Tiffany shouted and covered her eyes. She was feeling embarrassed. She had never felt like this with any of her other friends.

 

Taeyeon quickly put on a shirt and buttoned it. She put on a tailored pants and wore a blazer that belonged to her father. It was quite big but it fitted her small body. "Next time, please knock before entering," Taeyeon advised. "You can open your eyes now."

 

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes. Her face was really red that she looked similar to a tomato. Taeyeon tilted her head slightly and asked innocently, "Why is your face red?"

 

"I don't know. Why were you without any clothing on just now?" Tiffany asked, her face getting redder by a second.

 

"That's because I had just finished washing up," Taeyeon answered straightforwardly.

 

"I hate you," Tiffany muttered.

 

"Since when did you like me?" Taeyeon questioned the flustered girl.

 

"You're following to tonight's dinner. Daddy allowed you to follow," Tiffany changed the subject.

 

"And why do you want me to follow?"

 

"Why do you have so much questions?"

 

"Fine, I'll follow."

 

"Good. Later during the dinner. Just play along with whatever I say. Don't say a word too."

 

"O...okay."

 

Tiffany smirked and pinched Taeyeon's cheeks. "A maid will send you your attire later. Make sure to wear it."

--

 

Tiffany was not enjoying the dinner at all. Kibum was bragging to her about his wealth and abs. She was not listening though. She kept stealing glances at Taeyeon who was sitting opposite her. The older girl looked left out. "She's so cute in the pink blazer," Tiffany squealed her mind.

 

Taeyeon looked up and met with Tiffany's gaze. She smiled slightly at her and the latter did the same as well. "Are you listening to me Tiffany?" Kibum asked Tiffany.

 

"Er..." Tiffany said awkwardly.

 

Kibum sighed. "It's alright. I'll just repeat whatever I've just said."

 

An hour had past and Mr Hwang finally spoke up. He stood up from his seat to gather everyone's attention. "As you can see, Mr Kim and I have planned this since a month ago. The both of us would like our child to get married to each other," he announced with a wide smile.

 

Tiffany's blood was boiling. She did not want to hear anymore of the marriage and said, "I can't marry him daddy. She pointed at Kibum and continued, "I am already in a relationship with Kim Taeyeon."

 

The said girl spat out her drink. Everyone looked at her and she quickly wiped . Remembering what Tiffany said, she calmed down and stood up. She walked towards Tiffany and held onto her so-called girlfriend hand. Tiffany stood up and held onto Taeyeon's hand possesively. Taeyeon was shocked with Tiffany's strength. "That's right. We've been in a relationship for almost a month now," Taeyeon lied along with Tiffany.

 

"TaeTae and I are happy with each other," Tiffany added to Taeyeon's words.

 

"But...didn't you say you hated her Stephanie?" Mr Hwang asked. He was confused.

 

"That was a lie to hide our relationship daddy." The words slipped out of Tiffany's mouth smoothly and Taeyeon was impressed by it.

 

Tiffany then did something that she thought she would never ever do. "Promise not to fall for me okay Taeyeon? You know I'm straight. So please?" she whispered into Taeyeon's ear.

 

It was too late for Tiffany. Taeyeon had already fallen for her since they met. "I promise Tiffany-sshi," Taeyeon promised although it hurt her.

 

Tiffany leaned in closer and kissed Taeyeon directly on the lips. It was not a fake kiss at all. Taeyeon closed her eyes and returned the kiss. Tiffany was shocked but she did not pull away.

 

Everyone in the restaurant gasped. Little did Tiffany know that this would change her life and uality.

 

'It's too late Tiffany. I've already fallen for you a long time ago,' Taeyeon said in her mind.