The Best Thing

Time Machine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jessica’s point of view]

 

{Date: 1 Mar 2018, 2 Mar 2018}

{Time: 21:20 PST, 14:20 KST}

 

“I had enough! I really had enough!” Tiffany continued shouting. I exchanged glances with Jason and he shrugged, his face still obviously shocked. “Okay… You have a seat first alright? I’ll fetch you some ice water…” I don’t even know why I suddenly became so timid. I guess it was doubly scary when her voice was originally loud and then she decided to talk at a volume twice as loud as her usual volume.

 

“There.” I passed her a cup of ice water and guided her by her shoulders to sit at the couch. “I’ll make a move first alright? Tiff, relax a little ok? Bye sweethearts.” I nodded and Tiff gave a forced smile, but at least she still tried to smile. “So… What happened…?” I tried to start the ball rolling.

 

Tiffany: He has his work. Well, I have mine too! He’s not the only one who can get frustrated ‘cause of work. Look, I’m loaded with schedules myself. I may not be as busy as I had been when I was still with you girls in Korea but that doesn’t mean I’m free all the time. Neither am I having a relaxing time chilling around everywhere. Why is he making me sound like I’m being such a selfish girlfriend while he’s being all Mr Nice?!

Jessica: Ah… So he…

Tiffany: And, I’m already frustrated enough with the new actress in Girls In Town. (Author’s note: “Girls In Town” is a made up sitcom in America where Tiffany gets the lead role.) She’s like. What. I don’t even know how to put it. She’s basically try’na sow discord between me and the staffs. I can’t say how thankful I am that the staffs have actually known me for pretty long and didn’t believe what she said. Seriously? And then what? I don’t even get a chance to confide in my boyfriend and then I get blamed for not being understanding ‘cause he was tired. Hello? What exactly is wrong with him?

Jessica: Tiff…

Tiffany: I don’t get this. I feel like everything is wrong now. Girls In Town, the new musical thing I was recently offered, Toby, Taeyeon. And yeah, Taeyeon. How do I face her when we’re back next week? Seriously. I wasn’t understanding? How understanding was he?

Jessica: Okay Tiff…

Tiffany: I’m so stressed by everything

Jessica: Tiff.

Tiffany: I basically just wanna

Jessica: TIFF!

 

Her bullet-train style of complaining finally stopped and she looked into my eyes, slightly surprised when I raised my voice. Her eyes showed signs of exhaustion, in fact, extreme exhaustion, and probably stress. I heaved a sigh and pulled her into my arms. “Look, you’re too uptight Tiff…” I said as I gently patted her back. She too heaved a sigh as her hands closed in around me.

 

Tiffany: I guess… I needed this. I’m so sorry Jess…

Jessica: Nah what are you saying. What are you being sorry for? If crying makes you feel better just go ahead.

Tiffany: I probably don’t even have the strength to cry now Jess… I’m so sorry for everything. I just got overwhelmed in a split second…

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter