Story Arc 1: ChangRick Part 2

Through the kisses we have shared

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update! Exams finally over for me, so i'll be able to write rather quite smoothly these few days onwards!

-

Jonghyun doesn’t know what the smaller boy is dreaming about, but he supposed that he would have to end it soon. He sat at the edge of the bed, and gently shakes Changhyun awake. As if on instinct, Changhyun shrugs off the wakeup call, and continues to sleep. Jonghyun sighs to himself, before apologising to Changhyun. He gets into position, and tickles the sleeping boy. Without a doubt, the smaller boy jumps from the sudden action, and clumsily fumbles off the bed, landing on the floor with a loud thud.

Jonghyun snickers to himself at what he has done, surprisingly amusing to him. Changhyun climbs back on the back, grumbles some incoherent words, coupled with a glare at the taller boy. “You’ve could have woken me up the normal way. Of all ways, it has to be tickling…”Ricky exclaims, along with a pout formed. “I did, but you shrugged me off.” Jonghyun replied. Changhyun ruffles his on hair, looking around aimlessly. “What time is it now?”

“It’s already six. Schools long way over.” The elder of the two said, before making his way to his table to pack his stuffs. “What? Why didn’t you wake me up during lunch? I got lessons to attend you know!” Changhyun whined. He definitely is going to get a scolding from Chanhee tomorrow, or afterwards when he calls to apologise. “You really seemed very tired, so I allowed you to sleep a little longer. You needed adequate rest.”

Changhyun scoffs at the remark, his ego really bruised. He didn’t really liked to be commanded this way, or being nagged at. But inside, he felt a little happy that someone actually cares for him. Acting all alpha-male like, he mumbles a thank you to the school’s doctor, soft but loud enough for only Jonghyun to hear. The elder boy smiles warmly back at Changhyun, before grabbing his hand and lead him out of the door.

“Come on, let’s go get some dinner. You haven’t had lunch, so you must be famished”

“Yea, and whose fault is it for me skipping lunch?”

“Hmmm, well I suppose that I’d be doing a good job for not waking you up, seeing that you’re having a nice dream here and there. Not to mention that you kept mentioning a certain female’s name. Now what’s her name again…?”

Changhyun blushed hard at that comment. He didn’t know that he actually sleep talk, and what’s worse is that he actually dreamt about his partner, and unfortunately verbally announced to the doctor. “Y-Yah! Don’t tell anyone that okay!”

“About what?”

“You know what I’m referring to! About my sleep talking and her…” Changhyun trails off. Any topic regarding to his soon-leaving partner is definitely not something to be brought up in front of Changhyun. Jonghyun stole some glances at the emotionally-downed boy. “Come on; let’s not go all gloomy shall we? Let’s have a blast today!” Jonghyun exclaims, trying his best to cheer Changhyun up. The smaller boy nods, and follows the doctor out on the school compound. Soon, their mode of transport could be seen visible from the teacher’s car park.

But before they had a chance to enter, Changhyun felt his head spin and tumbles on to the ground. He had no idea why he felt like that. “Changhyun! Are you alright? What happened? How did you fall?” Changhyun fell forward into Jonghyun’s arms, lying on it for support. He couldn’t muster any energy to move anymore. ‘Ah! That’s right. I hadn’t take any energy from her today’ Changhyun thought, though his thoughts are slowly getting clouded from the lack of energy.

“! Changhyun, don’t you dare sleep on me. Damn, you hadn’t had your kiss yet had you?” The smaller boy weakly shakes his head. He is trying his best to conserve his energy as much as he could. Jonghyun panics a little, looking around for people but to only be faced that only two of them remains on the school compounds. Finding another Giver, not even less one that had to be compatible, for Changhyun is an impossible task.

No wait; there is one person who is a Giver. Himself.

But Jonghyun doesn’t know if he is compatible enough to save the slowly paling boy. Not having much option to select, he leans close and kiss the smaller boy. All he is thinking now is hope that energy can successfully pass into Changhyun. He pulls back when he heard a whimper coming from the smaller boy.

“Are you alright! Did you receive any energy?”

Changhyun calms his breath, before slowly opening his eyes. Still drained, he nods slightly, before standing up with the assistance of Jonghyun. “I think it is best that I’d send you back to you dorms. I’ll buy some takeaway for you afterwards. You need lots of rest now. And make sure that when you get back; get some energy from your partner okay?”

Changhyun nods absentmindedly. His mind isn’t on the topic that Jonghyun is nagging away right now, but his mind is filled with about what happened few minutes before. He did receive energy from Jonghyun, but what’s more is that the amount and quality received is much better than his current partner. Could he be just dreaming that this is a coincidence they both are so compatible?

Not only that, the kiss with Jonghyun, made his heart beat so fast, that he has never felt this way before – even when he kissed his own partner. He certainly loves his partner, but what is this feeling he is experiencing right now? His heart beating so fast and he could feel his cheeks getting warming as he continues to ponder back on the kissing memory.

Maybe he’ll ask Chanhee tomorrow about it.

-

A/N: This chapter feels a little bit rushed for me, but this chapter is planned ahead for days already. Anyways! Thanks for the wonderful comments and patience you guys have! Thanks for reading my fic, and being okay with my horrible grammer mistakes >_<

Disclaimer: I don't own the pictures