Chapter 2

Opposites Attract

"Hyung are you stupid!?" Sungjong yelled.

Hoya ignored his nagging and sat down on his chair. Lunch time was almost over and him and Infinite were already in their classroom. 

"Sungjong's right Hoy-" He glared at Dongwoo before he continuted. "I mean Howon. Imagine what would of happened if Bang Yongguk didn't stop Zico from punching your face?" 

Hoya scratched the back of his neck in annoyance. He hated it when people nagged at him. He knew what he did, he didn't want people to remind him about it. "It wasn't my fault anyway. He was the one that tried to make me do him homework." He answered.

"Well, maybe you should of just taken his homework and down it. I mean, isn't that what nerds do?" Sunggyu asked.

"If I have to put a lot of my time just to do my homework, how am I suppose to put time to do some idots homework?" Hoya complained.

Sungyeol sighed. "Hyung, we wouldn't have this problem if you didn't want to be 'this'" He explained while pointing at his waredrobe. "And you wouldn't have idiots forcing you to-" Hoya cut him off by punching his desk.

Infinite all stared in shock. They knew Hoya had a bit of a temper, but he has never released it at school before. *I was just trying to be honest hyung. No need to start hitting the desk.* Sungyeol thought.

 

You streatched your arms up in the air and yawned. Class had just ended and everyone was making their way to the door. You were about to until Yongguk had called your name.

"Minnie!" He called.

You turned around and smiled. "Yes oppa." 

"Could you help me with homework tonight? I don't really understand what Mr.Donghyun was teaching" He asked.

You shook your head. "Mihane oppa. I'd love too help you, but remember I start work tonight! Maybe another time." You smiled and waved goodbye as you left the classroom.

Yongguk sighed. *I was this close with getting alone time with you.*

 

"Annyonghaseyo! My name is Sung Jung Min! I'll be working as a waitress here at Before the Dawn starting today! Please take care of me." You introduced yourself kindly and bowed.

You were introducing yourself to a staff of 10 people. You dad didn't like having a lot of workers at one place, he thought 10 would be enough, but since the club was very busy you might of thought he needed more.

The male staffs clapped excitingly, as the female staff clapped slowly. "Welcome Welcome! I'm the manager, my name is Kim Ki-Bum, but everyone here calls me Key." He said holding out his hand.

Key had super light brown hair, but near the sides of his ears it would be a darker shade of brown. His skin was pale and looked really soft. He had kind friendly eyes, and a smile, but beautiful welcoming smile.

You took it and shook his head. "Ah araso!" You said and gave him a soft smile.

The male staff were going crazy. They weren't expecting a really pretty girl to work along side them. The girls on the other hand were kind of jealous. They saw how beautiful and graceful you were, and to top it all off even Key was flirting with you. Key was a very feminine kind of guy, he never flirted with any of the employees or customers before. Until right now. 

"Now, Now!" Your dad had said.

They all bowed when he arrived. "Annyonghaseyo Mr. Sung!" They said in unison.

He smiled and gave a little bow. "Now I see you've all been aquantited with my daughter?" He said while drapping his arm around your shoulder.

They all open their jaws. "D-d-daughter?" Key stuttered.

He nodded. "Yes, we have the same family name, Sung." He explained. "Anyways, even though we are family I don't want you guys to treat her any different. Just treat her like you treat any new employee, araso!"

They all nodded. "Yes sir!" They said together.

He smiled and kissed your forehead. "Have a good first day sweet heart." He turned to look at his employees. "Oh and Key!"

Key lifted his head at once. "Yes sir?"

"Please introduce Sung Min to the performers, I want everyone to get famillar with her at once. Araso?"

He nodded his head face. "Araso sir! Leave it all up to me!" He exclaimed.

Your dad nodded at left the kitchen. Everyone sighed and started to stand comfortable. You smiled at how everyone was trying so hard to look good infront of your dad. *Don't worry guys. He may look and act tuff, but he's a really sweet and understanding person.* 

 

Infinte were back stage of the club. Some were fixing their hair and make up and some were streatching.

"Yah! Stop looking at yourself in the mirror, you might break it!" Dongwoo tease Sungjong.

"Hyung! Shut up!" He said while making a face. "I have to look pretty in front all of the noonas out there."

Dongwoo rolled his eyes and continued to streatch. He looked over and saw Sunggyu doing homework. He looked like he was stuck on a question. He smirked. "What's the matter grandpa? You can't see the number properly?" 

Sunggyu glared at him. "Yah Dongwoo, just keep streatching!" He yelled back.

Dongwoo squinted his eyes immatating Sunggyu's glare. "Hyung, how do you do it? It's so hard to see when my eyes are closed this far." He laughed and started to roll around on the floor.

Sunggyu looked at him in disgust and continued with his homework. 

Key had entered the back stage. "Yah, you guys are on in 5, are you ready?" He asked.

They all nodded, "Yup." Sunggyu said. "Hoya, hand Key hyung the CD." 

Hoya did as told. "Track 2 as usual." He said emotionless.

Key nodded and smiled. "I know Hoya. Oh, by the way boss told me to introduce you to our new waitress. Gotta warm you guys, she's really REALLY cute, try not to droll over her." He joked and walked out the door.

Sungyeol jumped around. "Wow, if Key hyung says she's cute she must be. He never says any girl is cute." 

Hoya rolled his eyes. *Who cares if she's cute. She must have a lot of connections to be working at this place.* 

It is really hard to land a job at Before the Dawn. Since the owner was known by many companies he only hired the best of the best. The only way you can get hired at Before the Dawn is either you are TOP TOP workers like Key and the rest of the employees or you have connections like Infinte. They only got the job since they knew Key, Key had recommened them and with a little audition they got it.

Hoya blinked out of his daze and saw Infinite huddled up in a circle. He quickly squished inbetween Dongwoo and Woohyun. "Ready to knock them dead." Sunggyu said.

Everyone nodded. Like always they put their hands together and shouted FIGHTING! And got onto the stage.

 

"Here's your drink. Enjoy!" You smiled at the customer.

He waved his hand and stared at the stage."Yeah, yeah wh-" He stoped talking when he turned to you. Your smiled had blinded him. "I mean. Komawo." He said kindly.

You smiled and bowed to the customer. "No problem, if there is anything you need just tell me." You said and left to the counter.

Another waitress was standing there at the counter. Her skin was a nice pale colour. She had nice dark brown hair, with flowing curls that reached down halfway her back. Her eyes were small, but they popped out even though she wasn't wearing a lot of makeup. You sighed quietly as you admired her *If only I was born pretty like her, but sadly I was born a nerd.* 

She saw you staring at her and she smiled. "My name's Jessica." She reached out her hand.

You were embarrassed that she noticed you staring, you quietly took her hand and shook it shyly.

She smiled a cute smiled at you. "So, I know this is a strange question to ask since we first just met and all, but why work here?" She asked.

You looked at her confused. "What do you mean?" 

"I mean, your dad owns the club for pits sake. That means you guys are loaded, so your dad could of hooked you up with a better job then this place." She explained.

You felt a little affended. *Is she insulting my dads club?* You kept staring at her confused and angry.

She giggled. You were so jealous of her natural giggled.You had to admit, if you were a guy you'd end up falling for her.

"I don't mean to sound like I'm insulting or anything, it's just I mean this place is really good, it's just your dad has connections to much 'bigger' places. Why work here when you could work at fancier places?" 

"I don't know." You admitted. "Ever since my dad opened up this place, I've always wanted to work here. After two years of begging her finally let me." You explained. "Why do you work here? You're too pretty to work at a night club." You covered your mouth. That part was supposed to be said in your head.

She smiled at your complement. "You're so cute Sung Min." She patted your head."I work here because times are tuff. I have to balance two jobs and go to school at the same time.I'm luckly enough to get this job. It's been a hard road,but you know, you gotta do what you got to do." She explained.

You nodded your head. "I guess so." 

Suddenly the lights began to dim, and music started to play. You looked around confused and scared. "Um, Jessica-shii, what's going on?" You asked.

She chuckled. "Just call me unnie! Araso. And don't be scared, the performeres are starting." She explained.

*Performers? Oh, the ones Key is suppose to introduce me too.* You nodded and looked up to the stage. Sure enough Key was there and he was holding a mic.

"Hello eveyone! Welcome to Before the Dawn. I'm your host and manager Key, I hope you all are having a good time tonight, but it's about to get even better. Introducing our performing group INFINITE!" He clapped.

Everyone in the club started to cheer and clap. Girls started to spazz out and get closer to the stage.

*Infinte? Where have I herd of that name before?* You thought as you looked up on the stage.

As the music increased you saw seven good looking boys step up onto the stage and started to dance. Their moves were all in sync together and intense.

Because I listen to my heart beat one by one

Oh Hey Hey

Because I listen to my heart, heart, heart 

Listen to my heart, heart

Even their singing was good. You were in awe by how good they could sing and dance at the same time. Though, there was one guy that you kept your eyes off. Suddenly he started to rap,

Nado moreunge ne geurimjareul balba

Ama na jeomjeon michyeogana bwa

Because I listen to my heart, beat one by one Oh!

Api kamkamhaejin nae nuneun

Ojik neo hanaman balkge bichunda

They all slid to the ground and did the scorpion dance. You were star struck when you saw what a good rapper and dancer he was. They all kept singing, but you still couldn't keep your eyes off the dancing guy. Finally he stepped up in front of the group again,

nega gaji mothage ggwak jaba naega ulji anke neol butjaba
Nega amuri nal beorigo magado nan jeoldae neol nohchiji anha

Nega gaji mothage ggwak jabo

naego ulji anke neol butjaba

Nega amuri nal beorigo magado

Nan jeoldae neol nogchiji anha

You jumped when the crowd started to cheer and the girls started to scream. You saw them bow and one of the guys picked up the mic.

"I'm glad you enjoyed our performance!" He said. He had black short hair, and really small eyes. His smiled strangly reminded you of a hamster. "That was our opening song called Before the Dawn. I know most of you know it, but for those who didn't I hoped you liked it! Don't worry the night is still young and we'll be performing way more songs. We'll see you guys in a bit! Stay, araso!" He yelled.

"ARASOOO! OPPAA!" The girls screamed. They were like crazy fan girls. 

He waved to them and him and the group went back stage. The girls were starting to act crazy, soon enough security had to ask or force them to leave.

Your eyes were still locked onto the stage. You brain was still trying to fuction back, but all you could think about was him. That guy that was dancing his heart out. His last words were still stuck inside your head. *Nega gaji mothage ggwak jobo. Naego ulji anke neol butjabo. Nega amuri nal beorigo magado. Nan jeoldae neol nogchiji anha.* It sent tiggles up your spine. 

Jessica touched your shoulder. "Min! Sung Min! Helloooo!" She started to shake you.

You shook youself out of your daze. "Ah! Mihane unnie." You said.

She smiled. "It's okay, but Key wants to see you backstage. Remember he has to introduce you to the performers." She explained.

You nodded and made your way backstage. Backstage, where Infinite were be, but more importantly. Where he would be.