Chapter 1

Opposites Attract

"What a loser!" "Why don't you just dig a whole, jump in and just die! It's not like anyone would really notice!" "Gosh! Why do you even exsist? You're a no one! You're just some nerd that doesn't even belong with a nerd group!" "Just leave! It's not like we want you at our school!"  You kept staring at yourself in the mirror. You saw a tear stroll down your cheek and you gently wiped it.

"If you all could see me now, would you still say those things to me?" You asked your refection.

"Honey." Your dad called as he opened your bed room door. "Remember what you asked about working at the club?" 

You nodded your head.

"Well, we are short one waiter. Moon Ra walked out on us last night, so you still interested in the job." He asked.

You nodded your head eargerly. "Yes! Omo, Kamsamida appa!" You exclaimed and hugged him.

He patted you back. "You're welcome sweety! But just remeber, just because your appa owns the place doesn't mean you can slack off. If you do the other waiters will complain and I'll be in trouble." He smiled and pulled away from the hug. "Your shift starts tonight, 5:30pm don't be late." He said and walked out of the room.

You jumped around in your room with glee. Your parents own a teen night club called "Before the Dawn." when you were little. Ever since they opened it, you've always wanted to work there. When you were 15 you begged your parents to hire you, but they've turned you down. 2 years later they finally allow you to work there. "I can't wait to tell Juney and Yongguk oppa!"

 

"I'm so happy for you!" Yongguk exclaimed and clapped for you.

"Thank you oppa!" You smiled at him. 

"I don't understand Min." June said. "Your parents are rich, why do you want to work? Just do what everyone else does and ask you parents to buy you ." She asked.

You hit her arm. "Juney, language!" You said. You hated it when people swore, it was rude and unpolite. As well, you felt it was immature to use foul language, why use bad words when there are good words to use?

She rubbed her arm. "Yah!" She glared at you.

You ignored her glare. "Well, that's the main reason I want to work. I don't want to be like everyone else, I want to earm money for myself and call it MY money. The money I truely earned." You said proudly.

Yongguk smiled his special gummy smile. "Aw Minnie is such a cutie!" He said pinching your cheek.

You blushed and turned away from him. You had a little thing for Yongguk, but you weren't for sure if you loved him more then a friend. "Thanks oppa. Now can you let go of my cheek, it's starting to hurt." You said awkwardly.

He did as told and kept smiling. "So, since you work at Before the Dawn, you can FINALLY see BAP and me perform." He asked.

You nodded. "I know! I can't wait to watch you guys do your thing up on stage. I always wa-" You were cut off when you herd some guy yelling in the cafe.

"Yah nerd! I want you to do my math homework! My teacher says if I don't do this weeks assignment she'll fail me, and my parents won't be able to get me a car for my birthday." The guy explained while throwing his work at another boy.

"Yah nerd! Why don't you be useful and finish this." A girl throw her work book at you. "Do pages 15-30 by tomorrow." She demanded.

"But..Isn't this your homework?" You asked softly.

She laguhed, but stopped when she noticed you were asking her seriously. "Well duh it's my homework! I just don't want to do it. My teacher said if I don't complete all the homework I didn't finsh by tomorrow she'd call my parents. If my parents know I'm slacking they'll take away my cellphone. Now just do it!"

Your fashback stopped. You started to tense up, you hated it when people picked on others. You felt it was unhumanly and just plain mean. 

June and Yongguk noticed you tense up and looked at each other then back at you. "Min, calm down. Just don't get involved." June said patting your back.

Yongguk nodded. "Yeah, just ignore it. It's none of our business anyway." Yongguk said.

"How can you just sit here and ignore this?" You asked angerly. "This is down right wrong and you both know it! It's not fair to watch someone suffer thanks to someone else. You guys we have to sto-" You cut yourself off when you herd the cafeteria gasped in shock. 

You looked back and saw the boy he was picking on. He had a black polo on, button all the way and collars push down. His black shirt was tucked into his white dress pants that was held up with a blue belt. His hair was pushed back and all greased up to one side of his head. He had thrown his papers back at the other guy. "No thank you." He said in a cold tone.

The guy looked at him in shock. "What did you just say to me." He asked while holding his fist.

The boy looked him straight in the eye, "I said, No Thank you." He repeated himself.

"Yah Zico! Are you going to take that from some nerd?" His friend asked him holding in their laughs.

You gripped you table. Another thing you hated, when people in couraged violence. There was no need for it, especially at school. You felt that there was a reason people know how to speck. So when arguments broke lose they could talk it out like mature people, not in courage violence.

"What are you going to do pretty boy, hit me?" He said with a blank expression on his face.

"And what if I do hit you?" Zico asked him rubbing his fist. "What are you going to do? Run to the principals office and "tattle" on my?" He said in a kid voice. His friends and half the cafetria started to laugh.

"And what if I did? You think mommy and daddy will still give you that car after you get suspended." He smirked.

Zico had enough and flung his fist at the boys mouth. Just before it reached his face a hand had stopped it. "Zico, don't do this." Yongguk said holding his fist.

Zico smiled. "We can catch up later Guk, just got to pummel this geek first." He said eyes the boy.

The boy just stood behind Yongguk. He didn't even look a little scared. His face was emotionless, almost dead looking.

"Just leave him alone and do your own flipping homework." Yongguk demanded. He stared into Zico's eyes. "Leave.Him.Alone."

Zico groaned and pulled his fist back. "Your lucky nerd! If it wasn't for him I would of beaten you to the ground." He yelled pointing at him. 

The boy chuckled again. "Like you even had a chance." He said.

Zico glared at him, he was about to say something until Yongguk glared at him. "Don't" Yongguk mouthed to him.

"Whatever. Let's go guys." He said and left the cafeteria, followed by his crew.

You sighed in reflif. *Thank goodness Yongguk stopped him before he could do anything.* You didn't know Zico to well, unlike Yongguk. He explained to you that once you get Zico pissed, he wasn't afraid to beat you till you were almost dead. 

You smiled at Yongguk and waved  at him. "Thank you" You mouthed to him.

He noticed and waved back. *Anything for you June.*