Chapter 2

Secret Love

 

Chapter 2

“Tell me what is this!”, Mr Lee So Man seemed furious and showed Yunho and BoA various newspapers that released today with the headlines go:

“DBSK Yunho and Asia star BoA, from best friends...to lovers?”

“BoA and DBSK Yunho get caught kissing each other in Thailand!”

“SM’s golden boy and golden girl are dating!”

BoA and Yunho didn’t dare to look at the rest. They have made the headlines today with the picture of them kissing each other in a park in Thailand yesterday. They have no idea about this fuss until they landed at Inchoen Airport this morning. Greeting them was a bunch of reporters and both Yunho and BoA had a hard time to get through to their vans. And after what happened, it is not strange that both of them were called to Mr Lee So Man’s office straight from the airport.

-------------------------------------------------------

“What did i tell you guys? It’s okay to date within the company. But you have to be careful in order not to get caught”, Mr Lee So Man frowned. 

“And now, what could our company say in order to deny this rumor? They even have plenty of pictures as evidences”, he continued. “I’m so disappointed in both of you. You two have hidden this relationship from me all the time. And as seniors in the company, you guys aren’t considered as good examples for the juniors”. Finally, Mr Lee has finished his long speech.

The three of them kept quiet for a moment. BoA and Yunho both felt guilty because of what they have done. They looked upon Lee So Man as their second father...But to think of it, it’s not wrong for both of them to fall in love and it’s not wrong even if people find out their relationship.

“Teacher Lee, we’re teribly sorry. But to be honest, I can’t get it. Why do we have to hide it from the fans? It’s not like we commited a crime or anything.”, Yunho finally spoke up to break the silence.

“You’re right Yunho, but as an idol, you can only choose 1. Your career; 2. Your love-life. I have taught you about this many times. Even if some people will support you after you went publicly with your relationship. More than half of your fans won’t stay loyal to you anymore. It’s the cruel thing of showbiz. Do you know how many idols can stay successful after their confession to the public? Can you name me any?”

BoA is still standing their quietly without saying a word. What Mr Lee said wasn’t wrong. But, if she has to choose between love and career...she thinks it’s time for her to go after her loved one.

“I don’t care about it”, Yunho spoke up and it cut her thought. She looked at him with a "thankfully look"

“What did you mean, Yunho?”, Mr Lee asked.

“The decline of my fame when I get a girlfriend, or even when I get married, teacher. For me, love and career are equally important. I can only do my job well when I am with my beloved-one”, Yunho said and secretly glanced over at BoA.

“Me too, teacher. I’m sorry that I have disappointed you. But seriously, im also tired with this hidden relationship. We have no choice now since the pictures  circulating on the internet and newspapers. I think we should let everyone know the truth that I and Yunho are in relationship and it has been two years. I don’t want to lie to my fans”, BoA said with a firm voice.

“What? Wait.. Two years? OMG”, Mr Lee said with a shock. “How can you guys managed to hide it for 2 years but get caught now?”

“I thought that no one would follow us at midnight, and at that time we were in Thailand, not in Korea...”, Yunho honestly said.

“Paparazzi are everywhere, Yunho! I can’t believe that you could be this careless”, Mr Lee said. “Actually, I won’t forbid you guys loving each other. I don’t have any right to do so. I’m just over-worried about your careers. But if you want to make your relationship public, then i have no choice. Plus, I can’t think of any excuse to go against the kissing picture, the media would totally go crazy and turn their backs against SM then...”

“Thanks teacher”, both Yunho and BoA said in unison.

“Thanks for always being understanding and considerate”, Yunho added.

“We will try even harder from this time onwards to face with the fans and the media”, BoA promised.

“As I told you guys before, this world is really harsh. Those who are loving you could turn their backs to you whenever they want. So, you guys have to be strong. Afterall, I believe in you guys more than anyone. Promise me to stay happy”, Mr Lee said.

Both Yunho and BoA felt touched by his kind words. People from the outside always say that Mr Lee is a cold-hearted and money-loving man. But it’s not true. To BoA and Yunho, no, not just both of them, but to everyone in SM, Lee So Man is a really nice and understanding president and teacher.

"By the way, congratz", Mr Lee said when Yunho and BoA were about to go out. 

"Thank you, teacher"

-------------------------------------------------------

The press conference was held right after the discussion between Mr Lee So Man and SM staffs. Both BoA and Yunho have prepared themselves to answer all of the reporters’ questions today. They know that it’s best not to lie to the fans when the evidence is undeniable. The fans are not that stupid to believe in the crap “They are just friend” anymore.

“It will be okay, BoA! We are here together. You are not doing it alone”, Yunho held BoA’s cold hands in his hand and assured her. Both of them are now waiting in the hotel room before the beginning of the press conference.

BoA felt so nervous right now that she looks paler than usual.

“Will it be okay, Yundol? I’m just scared that this news will ruin your career. I know how harsh your fans could become”, BoA asked

“It’s okay, sweetheart. If it’s not for you, I won’t be able to overcome the hardship and burden during the TVXQ break-up scandal. If I have to choose, you will be my first priority...forever”, Yunho said in a gentle voice and came closer to hug his tiny BoA tight in his arms.

BoA felt so right to love Yunho and to be loved by him. He always managed to make her feel better in every situation. She is pretty sure if this is not love, then she doesn’t know what love is.

-------------------------------------------------------

At the press conference

“Yunho-sshi, can you tell us why did you decide to go publicly with your relationship with BoA-sshi instead of denying it?”, a male reporter asked.

“First of all, we don’t want to lie to our fans since the picture of me kissing BoA is already circulating on the internet. It was taken on our second anniversary by paparazzi. And yes, you heard it right, we have been going out for 2 years”

The room is getting nosier by the information Yunho just gave them. Some of them were very surprised but few of them gave each other a “I told you so” look.

“Also, I think the fans have the right to know it. Since they all love me and BoA with their hearts, so I don’t think it’s right to decieve them”, Yunho contiuned. “What more important is, instead of hiding our relationship, we want to let everyone know because this is the right time. We have been certain with our feelings and want to be accepted by those who love us as well”, Yunho finished.

“By saying that, do you mean you guys are seeing each other seriously with the purpose of getting married”, another male reporter suddenly raised the question.

“If we said we haven’t thought about marriage, it would be a lie. So...yeah, we will be getting married when the right time comes. But it’s not like it will happen tomorrow or anything. We still haven’t discussed about it yet”, Yunho said and looked at BoA sweetly with a smile.

“By holding this press conference, we want to let everyone know the truth that... we are in love. We are really thankful to those who have been supporting us and hope to have everyone’s love until the end.”, BoA said.

"So, does your management company fully support your dating", a female voice rasied.

"hmmm, to be honest, our management company just knew about this whole thing this morning. And yes, they are totally supportive towards us. SM isn't strict in dating as everyone thought. We are free to date. Because we are human afterall", BoA answered.

"From now on, no matter what happens, we will stand besides each other and give each other strength to overcome the hardship. We would like to thank our family, our management company, our friends, and especially the fans who have been loving us. And in the future, we will bring even better music to the audience", Yunho said and looked at BoA who is smiling sweetly looking at him. 

Anyone can tell from the sight that those two people are deeply in love...but is the road ahead really easy for these two people? Especially when they are living under the spotlight right now. Every moves of them are watched by millions of people, and with that kind of pressure, will their sleep stand till?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, this is the second chapter of "Secret Love"...but it's not secret anymore~ hehe. However, there are a lot of dramas ahead waiting for these two love birds. So, please stay tuned ^^