Chapter 3

Secret Love

 

Chapter 3

Yunho woke up this morning and felt something different today. Somehow, he felt so happy and relieved as if a huge rock has been lifted from his shoulder. From now on, he can show the world how much he loves BoA and how happy he is in love. He doesn’t have to hide his love anymore. Thinking about the days when he and BoA had to disguise and be sneaky like criminals, he got goosebump.

Yunho shaked his heart to erease those kind of thought in his mind. It’s already 9AM in the morning and he wanted to know what’s BoA up to. He decided to text her.

“Little Munchkin, still sleeping?”, Yunho touched the send button while smiling.

The press conference yesterday went on smoothly and peaceful than he expected. Though after the official news was released on internet, Yunho’s fanbase made a fuss over it. His fanclub was now divided. Half of them wished him and BoA happniess. The rest still can not accept the truth that he and BoA are an item. It’s okay, he thought. As long as they don’t talk bad thing and curse BoA, he’s thankful. However, he doesn’t understand why some people even thought that this is a mere scandal made by SM to boost their popularity. Seriously, he and BoA have been in the industry for more than 10 years, it’s not like they need to be more exposed by using their private lives. Those people need to get a life, Yunho thought.

The ringtone of the upcoming call distracted Yunho from his thought. He looked at the phone to see the familiar ID, “Munchkin”. That is how BoA’s name registered in his phone. He always finds that even though she’s a grown-up woman, she likes to behave as a child in front of him. Not to mention, her figure is as petite as a middle-highschooler. It makes him have the urge to hug her everytime he sees her. Also, she can be really childish when she’s drunk. She will be acting all cute and child-like. That’s why Yunho likes to call her Munchkin.

“Hey, you are up, did you sleep well?”, Yunho asked after picked up her call.

“Sound all night, hehe~ By the way, how thing between you and Changmin? Was he mad?”, BoA asked, Yunho could hear the worriness in her voice. After the conference yesterday, Yunho had a talk with Changmin about the relationship between him and BoA at their dorm. Instead of being mad, Changmin was really upset. He thought that he, himself, wasn’t reliable enough for Yunho to share everything even though they have been with each other since the trainee days. And they are still with each other now after the break-out of TVXQ scandal in 2010. Yunho felt really bad towards Changmin. But he tried to explain to Changmin with his own reasons.

“Nope, he wasn’t mad but I could tell he’s really sad because we hid things from him. I felt really bad...but he said he forgave me already because he always wants me to end up with you, rather than with any other girl he knows”

“Ahh~~ I got you Yunho, Changmin seems to know really clearly about your ex...I wonder how many of them...” BoA stopped for some seconds but before Yunho could speak up anything to make himself innocent, BoA continued: “But i don’t care about them cus you are mine now, that’s important”, BoA laughed shyly at the end of her sentence. 

“Do you have any schedule today? Wanna to go out for date? A date to mark out first day being the official couple in people’s eyes”, Yunho tried to change the sensitive subject about his ex.

“Ah, actually, my parents want to see you. They want you to come over to make an official “debut” at their house. They even said how come you could take away their precious daughter without saying a word to them”

“OMG~~ im gonna be dead meat”. Yunho said and BoA laughed at the remark. And yes, Yunho is right. He will become dead meat for sure since BoA’s is the only daughter in the family and she is really well-loved by her parents and brothers. She’s also curious about what her family would do to Yunho. But she assured him: “Don’t worry, don’t worry. I will be right there to help you. So...will you come?”

“Of course, Munchkin. What are you talking about? If i don’t come, next time i would turn into ash and dust instead of being dead meat”. Yunho sounded serious and worried. “I will pick you up in 30 mintues, get yourself ready”

Yunho hung up and was about to get himself out of the apartment, Changmin suddenly came out of his room in a sleepy sate and asked out loud.

“Are you going somewhere? Is my breakfast ready?”, he scratched his head

“Sorry Minnie, BoA’s parents want to meet me at their house. So I have to go now. And fyi, i haven’t prepared your breakfast yet. Sorry sorry, I’ll make it up to you later”, Yunho grabbed his coat and flied out of the house in a blink of an eye.

“Urghh...this Yunho, yesterday he said he would make it up for me by making breakfast today...I really can’t rely on this guy anymore. He now has someone important to take care. Ahh~~am i gonna be forever alone then?”, Changmin thought and pulled his cellphone from the pocket and dialed Kyuhyun’s number. At least, he still has one best friend left.

“Ah, Kyu, breakfast?....”

----------------------------------------------------

“Am I looking good today?”, Yunho asked BoA while driving his cool black audi to BoA’s house in Gyeonggi province. He seemed really nervous for this whole “debut” in front of BoA’s family. What if they don’t like him? What if BoA’s parents forbid their relationship? What if their parents scolded him because he didn’t ask for their permission to date BoA? Plus, it’s has been two years. Too many “what ifs” to think about and he’s sick of worrying.

“My Yunnie is good-looking as usual”, BoA said in a sweet voice and looked at him lovingly. Yunho always looks cool when he’s focused on anything he does especially when he’s dancing. His handsome-self is always dominant at time like that. She still can’t believe it. Everything happened just too fast. The day before yesterday they were still in Thailand and got caught by the paparazzi. Yesterday was one of their hard-time when they confessed their relationship to the public. And today, they can stay happily with each other without worrying about paparazzi, their fans, or their management company. Sometimes, you need to make one big decision that can influence your life dramatically. However, whether it’s good or bad, you won’t know it until you make it.

“Ah~ get off my hands, Yunnie. The road is really slippery, so be careful”, BoA said when Yunho used his one hand to grab hers.

“But I’m so sleepyyyyy~ if i don’t hold your hand, i can’t concentrate on driving”, Yunho whinned.

“A nice excuse you made, Yunnie. But No is No”, BoA tried to make her face serious and looked at him with her strict eyes, but deep inside she is really content. This kind of content feeling always brought to her by Yunho, the one and the only. This whinning Yunho is forever adorable to her.

“Okay, got it! But wait until I got my revenge on you, Kwon BoA. It won’t be only hand-holding”, Yunho said with a smirk.

----------------------------------------------------

Finally, they have reached BoA’s parents house after 2 hours of driving. They were greeted by BoA’s newphew, the son of her oldest brother, Soon Hwon.

“Auntie~~~~”, her newphew ran to her right after she stepped out of the car. BoA lifted him up but put him down right after that.

“Awwww~ our Sung Woo is growing bigger and bigger. Auntie can’t carry you anymore. And since when or Sung Woo became this handsome?”, BoA asked and planted a kiss on his cheek. The kid kissed back on her cheek but more than just one. He was like showering BoA’s cheek with his kisses.

“The kid is so lucky”, Yunho saw and thought with a little jealousy in his mind.

“Sung Woo is auntie’s newphew, that’s why Sung Woo is handsome”, the kid finally stopped kissing his aunt and anwsered cutely and Yunho can’t help but burst into a small laugh at this child’s remark. For a 5 years old kid, he’s really smart and no doubt he will become a girl-killer when he grows up. Just like his auntie, a man-killer, and Yunho is one of his aunt’s victims.

“Who is this uncle, auntie?”, Sung Woo asked and pointed his finger at Yunho.

“Sung Woo, you shouldn’t point your finger at people, remember?”, BoA said and the kid withdrew his finger as soon as told.

“This is uncle Yunho, he’s auntie’s friend. So, you have to be polite to uncle as well, okay?”

Yunho walked to the kid and show his hand to Sung Woo. “Can I have a friendly hand-shake with our handsome Sung Woo”

However, Sung Woo is being cold and playing hard to get “Is this your boyfriend, auntie”, Sung Woo asked and ignored Yunho’s handshake.

Yunho and BoA were both surprised at Sung Woo’s “grown-up” attitude and question. BoA spoke up gently

“Do you know what boyfriend is, Sung Woo?”

“Of course I know about boyfriend and girlfriend. The girl named Hyemin in my class told me about it. When you like each other, you will become boyfriend and girlfriend. And Hyemin said that she likes me, so i should become her boyfriend”, Sung Woo said with a carefree attitude.

Yunho and BoA smiled at his adorable story. “So, you are Hyemin’s boyfriend now?”

“No, I am not, auntie. I said that I didn’t like her, because I like Taekwondo more. So I will become boyfriend of Taekwondo. And she had cried a lot”

“Awwww~ you have broken a girl’s heart, Sung Woo”, BoA said and pinched his cheek. “And how can you know this uncle is auntie’s boyfriend?”

“I eavesdroped grandparents’ story with my daddy. They said you would bring your boyfriend home today. My daddy even said your boyfriend is really handsome. But now when I saw him, he isn’t handsome at all”, Sung Woo said and pouted at Yunho.

Yunho can feel the danger is coming. Even he just met with the kid of the family. The kid seemed not friendly at all.

“Is everyone waiting in the house, Sung Woo?”, BoA asked.

“Grandmother and my mom are preparing some of your favorite dishes. Grandfather and my father are doing the gardening. Soon Wook uncle is also on the way coming home. Sung Woo heard the sound from the car engine, so Sung Woo guessed it has to be you.”

“Awww~ our smarty Sung Woo” Yunho said and brushed the kid’s hair. And Sung Woo anwsered him with a glare.

“Let’s come in now. Everyone must have been waiting for us”,  Yunho tried to ignore that cold glare and grabbed BoA’s hand. However, Sung Woo is faster than Yunho. He grabbed his auntie’s hand in a second and drag her to come with him. “Let’s go auntie”

Yunho followed them behind and wondered whether he is still alive after stepping into this house where even the kid doesn’t like him. BoA turned her head to look at Yunho with her eyes telling “Don’t worry, everything will be okay!”