The Transfer Student P.2

The Bento Box

It was 6:50pm. 10 more minutes and English will be over. Throughout the class you were bothered by Sunwoo more than trying to focus in class. You whipped out your phone and texted Minhyuk. (Oppa…it’s ten more minutes till class ends and teach introduces a new transfer student in my Eng Lit. class. I tried to be nice and help him to get use to the class, but he always glances my way. I’m afraid he might start liking me. It’s not even the end of class and he likes me alrdy?) You sent the message. Within a few minutes, Minhyuk, in history class, has received your message. (Don’t worry. I’ll come get u as soon as class is done. Hang in there jagi-ah!) You got Minhyuk’s reply and prayed that the class will pass by with ease.

As soon as it was 7PM, class ended and you walked out, but Sunwoo called your name. “Seohyun-ssi! Thanks so much for helping me get use to the class. You’re very nice.” You were nervous. “No problem.” You started to walk away, but he grabbed your arm. “Wait! I….I was wondering if you would be free to go to the café with me for dinner.” From afar, you saw Minhyuk waiting for you. He looked worried. He saw Sunwoo instantly. “He must be the transfer student.”  He thought. “Oh…that’s very nice of you, but I met up with some of my friends already for dinner. I’ll see you later.” You trailed and went with Minhyuk. Holding hands. You can sense that you knew he saw you holding hands with him. “So….she has a boyfriend already…” He said.

“See? He’s totally on to me. I’m scared.” You told Minhyuk over dinner. Minhyuk’s eyes were full of concern. “Hey…look at me. Don’t worry. You have me by your side and the guys. You’re safe. If anything, call me or them. You know we’ll always be there for you.” He assured you. You gave a light smile and kissed him. He fed you a steak piece. “Eat. I don’t want my baby stressing out and losing weight from this.”

The next day, your friends knew about Sunwoo and told you that they got your back. “Don’t worry unni! You got us! He should know that you’re dating Minhyuk-ssi and I think even soon-to-be husband and wife! Nothing will stop you from breaking up with him.” _____ said. After that being said, you told Minhyuk that you’ll be home late and going to go hang out with the girls. “Okay. Be careful.” He told you through the phone.

At the bar, you had a drink and danced all night. You had so much fun until…… “Seohyun-ssi? I didn’t know you’d come here.” Sunwoo said. “You look stunning.” He said, checking you out in your mini skirt and halter neck. “Uh..thanks. Um…so why are you here?” “Oh, I had a couple of students make me come here. They showed me around and said this bar is the university’s favourite hang out place.” While you were talking uncomfortably with Sunwoo, Yura noticed and quickly called Minhyuk. He picked up instantly.

“Hello?” “Minhyuk-ssi! Come down to the bar quick! Bring the guys with you. Seohyun encountered with Sunwoo and she looks like she’s gonna need help!” Minhyuk did the orders as followed and called the guys.

Back at the bar…..

“--- Look Sunwoo, I’m only here with my friends and I really don’t need your flirting. I know you saw me with my boyfriend.”  You said firmly. He quickly changed his image. “Yeah. I did, but I still like you. I know you noticed me staring at you in class. Or better yet, I want you and Minhyuk to break up.” (A/N: WAIT..HOLD UP! WHAT?!?!?!?!) “Now is the time you show the real you?” You questioned him. In your heart, you wished that you called him for help. Just then, your friends came over. “Yah! Kim Sunwoo! Don’t think we don’t know what you’re trying to do to our Seohyun unni.” _____ said. Yura whispered in your ear saying that she’s notified Minhyuk and the boys to come resolve this. “Yeah. So…how about it Seohyun-ssi? Want to have a little fun?” He said, sliding his hand around your waist. You quickly jerked away. You were nervous now. “Hey! I—“ “KIM SUNWOO! Hands off buddy! That’s my girlfriend you’re holding!”  Minhyuk yelled. “Oppa!” You ran into his arms.

“So….I see you bought the whole gang. What up man?” “What’s up is that I hear you are hitting on my girl. From the day you came to her class, or even to this school, I have been told by Seohyun herself that you’ve been checking her out.” Minhyuk explained. You held his hand tight. By now, the bar is empty because everyone left when the drama started. “Yeah. Why are you being like this to our Seohyun?” Eunkwang defended. “Well, yeah I know Seohyun-ssi is dating you, but I’m still going to do whatever it takes to get Seohyun’s attention and eventually break up with you and make her like me. Isn’t that right, Seohyun-ah?” Hearing that he just disrespected you and him being persistent made you charge forward at him, but Minhyuk and the boys stopped you from going any further.

“YOU DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? I’M OLDER THAN YOU SUNWOO! I’m warning you…you’ll NEVER break us apart and make me fall for you! Me and Minhyuk oppa have been together since sixth grade. You think from being together that long will make us break apart?” You fumed. Hyunsik and Minhyuk pulled you back. “Seohyun-ah! Calm down…” Hyunsik said. You inhaled and relaxed, leaving the argument and going to get a drink.

“You heard her. She won’t ever fall for you. Leave. Now.” Peniel warned. He chuckled. You gave an evil glare from the farside table. “Fine. But be warned that I’m in her Eng. Lit class till the end of this semester.” He left without looking back. You left the bar and went outside. Your friends followed. “Seohyun-ah!” Minhyuk called, chasing after you. “You guys go on ahead. Meet you guys back at home.”

Outside, Minhyuk sees your friends comforting you. “--- What should I do?” You sighed. “It’ll be okay. Remember, we’re a team. Minhyuk-ssi and the boys are here for you.” Yura patted your shoulder. You smiled. “Looks like oppa’s here. I’ll talk to you guys later. Bye.” You said. “Okay. Call us if anything happens.” ______ told you. You nodded and went home with Minhyuk. “Don’t worry, dear. I got you. The boys got your back too.” You gave him a hug. “Thanks oppa. You are the best! I’ll try to ignore him to the best of my abilities in class.”

Sure enough, next day in Eng  Lit, you saw him again. You just focused on your studies. It wasn’t long until he passed you a note. Hey, you know I’m still gonna get you. “In your dreams, Sunwoo!”  You thought. Once class was over, you just ran out before he could stop you. “Hey Seohyun noona.” Sungjae greeted you. “Ah. Sungjae.” “You ok? Is he bothering you again?” He asked. You looked around to see if he’s following you. “Yeah. He passed me a note saying he’ll still try and get me. Aish!” You said. Sungjae put his arm around you. “It’s alright. You’ll get through with this.”

After you talked to Sungjae, you told Minhyuk that you’ll be waiting for him under your favourite tree. Minhyuk was at his last class. You were actually sulking under the tree waiting for him, thinking what to do about Sunwoo. “Hey....what’s Seohyunnie thinking of?” Minhyuk’s angelic voice broke into your thoughts. “Hm? Oh, oppa….” “What’s wrong, my princess? Has Sunwoo been bothering  you again?” You nodded slowly. He pulled you into a cuddle. You sighed. He sighed. “What to do oppa? What to do? I don’t want him to break us up! We’ve been together for too long for that to happen now. We are practically husband and wife.” You said. “I know baby. I know. There must be something…there has to be.” He said. You two shared a teary-eyed kiss before someone came in and interrupted your moment.

“Minhyuk oppa? Oh my god! Is that really you? Oh..I’m sorry. Did I just interrupt something?” She said. “Oppa? Why is she calling you that? Who is she?” You asked him. (A/N: OPPA?!?! OPPA?!?! OH HELL NO! No one should be calling Minhyuk “oppa” except you!)