Our Story

The Bento Box

Everything in life is just perfect. You are just starting your second year in university and you are admired by everything. You have the sweetest boyfriend ever! “Seohyun-ah! Remember you have dance practice at 5pm! Don’t hang around Minhyuk oppa for so long and forget!” Your friend Yura called you. “Arasseo! And stop being so nosey!” You laughed. “Too bad!” she joked. You are 20 years old and your boyfriend, Minhyuk is 22. You guys are known as the famous dimple couple. He’s in an idol group called BTOB. You are great friends with them and they treat you like their own sister. You don’t mind that your boyfriend’s famous because it never bothered you. He’ll always find time to see you. All that matters is the story on how you guys first met each other.

It is 4:00pm. Your phone was ringing the chorus to BTOB’s “Irresistible Lips.” “Hello?” “Hey beautiful, what’s up?” It was Minhyuk on the phone. “Oppa! Oh, I’m at the park. Class is done for the day and I’m waiting till 5pm to go to dance practice.” “Well, I’m just around the area. Do you see me? Because I see a pretty lady right about….” He got cut off. “Minhyuk oppa!” You said. You wondered where he went after he got cut off. Just then, he swooped you up from the ground and carried you. You shrieked. “Surprise!” He laughed. “Yaaah! Put me down please!!!!!” “Not till I get my kiss!” He closed his eyes, waiting for you to give him a kiss. You sighed and kissed him. “Happy now?” You said, sarcastically. “That’s better.” He set you down and held your hand. “So, we have an hour to kill. What would you like to do?” He asked, swinging your hand. “Let’s just cuddle and talk about how we first met each other.” You smiled. “I always love hearing that story.” So you and Minhyuk sat under a tree and began reminiencing about the past.

*Flashback

“I remember back in gr.6 in Ms.Song’s Phys.Ed class when we had the dance unit and you were with your group dancing to Maxstep by Younique Unit. You danced as Hyoyeon and the others were dancing as the boys. Your dancing captivated me and I remember coming to you and introducing myself. Your friends were swooning inside because I was so popular back then.” “Yeah I remember. You’re still popular today!” You said, kissing his cheek. “I freaked out because the girls knew I had a crush on you and they pushed me to you.” You laughed. “Yeah, you “tripped” on me and I caught you. You were so blushing!” he teased. You pouted and hit his arm, causing him to kiss your neck.” N-no I wasn’t!” You hesistated. “Anyway, I introduced myself and you did too.” (Hi. I-I couldn’t help but notice your dancing. You’re really good. You too girls.) The girls denied and only praised you. (I’m Lee Minhyuk. I hope to….see you around, Seohyun-ssi.) I said. Then, lunch period came and it turns out that I did see you again. I went up to you and offered to share my bento box lunch with you.

As we shared lunch together, we talked and got more comfortable with each other. It wasn’t until I suddenly asked you out and said: “Will you be my girlfriend?”  That left you on the spot and you were speechless. You replied: “I…I Minhyuk oppa…” “Did I really say it like that?” You made a face. “Yes, my princess. You did.” He laughed. “Don’t worry, I’ll give you time to think over your answer. You don’t have to answer me right away.” You nodded and bid me goodbye. Ever since I confessed to you, you kept thinking about what kind of answer to give me. During school, you would say hi and smile, but you couldn’t even concentrate in class. Anyway, what was surprising is that you ate lunch with me often and it would always be when I have bento. Coincidence? One bento box day, you finally gave me an answer. “Yes. Yes! Yes! Yes! I would be honoured to be your girlfriend!” You said. And ever since then, we got together and met just because of a bento box lunch.

*End of flashback

Being the emotional girl that you are, you cried at the beautiful story. “Aw! Baby! Crying again?” Minhyuk chuckled and wiped your tears. “Yes! It’s such a heartfelt story!” “Well, that’s our story of how we met. And I don’t regret meeting you one bit! I love you Park Seohyun.” You looked at your watch. “Oh! It’s already 5pm! I have to go! Wanna take me to practice?” You said. “Sure.”

Once you arrived, you made out with Minhyuk before going in. “Will you two please hurry it up? Don’t eat her face Minhyuk oppa!” One of your friends teased. “YAH! Go back inside!” He laughed. “It’s ok. I’ll see you after.” He said. “Aniya! Wait!!” You said, and pulled him back for another make out session. “Arasseo. And..I love you too Lee Minhyuk. I never regretted meeting you 8 years ago.”