His Answer

Working Undercover

Jaehyung stopped drinking his smoothie when he heard you say your confession. “Eun Ki-ah….I-“ “I know it’s very sudden and you’re probably thinking: “Who would want to take care of a traumatized girl? It’s so tiring looking after her.” So, if you don’t want to, I under-“ “I accept.” Jaehyung interrupted. “W-what?” “I want to be your boyfriend. And, I don’t mind taking care of you. Since I already know about your story and…I have developed feelings for you ever since you were admitted in the hospital. I know it’s kind of hard to believe, but it’s true.” All you can do was form a smile on your face. “So, that’s a yes?” He asked, interrupting your thoughts. “Yes.”

Afterwards, you two started dating. You and Jaehyung got closer to each other and got less awkward between the two of you. You told your brothers about your relationship with him often. “Looks like Eun Ki being with Jaehyung ultimately put her into a better mood and her stress slowly disappeared.” Soryong said, after you went to sleep. “Yeah. I’m glad. Jaehyung really changed her life. I’m grateful for meeting him.” Daeryong said.

Next morning, you got ready for school. Jaehyung sent you a morning text. “Eun Ki-ah! It’s school for you! T.T  I’ll miss you, but fighting! Tell you what, oppa will pick you up afterschool, ok? ^____^” You smiled when you got the text. “Annyeong oppa! Arasseo!” When you arrived to school, you told your friends about your new boyfriend. “Omona! Chincha? Chukahae!” “So what’s his name? How old is he?” “He’s 8 years older than me.” Your friends were shocked, but they didn’t care about the . “As long as Eun Ki’s happy, we are too.” Your bestie said. During the rest of your break, your friends talked more about Jaehyung.

Then, the bell rang. “Oh! Time for Bio! I’ll catch up with you guys later.” You said. You knew the incident happened when you were in Bio and then you just disappeared for a week without notice. You wrote a note and had your brothers sign it, ready to give it to the teacher. “Ah…Eun Ki, you’re back.” You handed him the note. He read it. “You’re feeling better now, right?” “Ne, seongsaengnim.” “Very well. Please ask someone what you’ve missed and get caught up.” You did as you were told. You asked the girl beside you what you missed the past week. You had to write an essay, do some questions on chapt.10, and study for this week’s test. After you knew what to get caught up on, you weren’t really paying attention to class and texting your boyfriend.

“Ah…I’m bored! Can’t wait for you to come pick me up later!” Jaehyung replied five minutes later. “Sry Eun Ki! Oppa was working. Acting out a scene. Hm? Bad girl! FOCUS! ><” I’ll come soon!” “Aw! Ok.” After talking to Jaehyung, you texted your brother to ask if Jaehyung can stay over once he picks  you up from school. “Sure. But only if he’s not busy! Don’t mess up his schedule so much,ara?” Daeryong texted back. “Ne!”  

Bio ended and school was done for the day. Time to go home. You waited outside for Jaehyung. One of your friends insists to stay with you waiting for him. “Aniya! You don’t have to wait with me! Go home!” You laughed. “Don’t tell me what to do! Besides, I want to see how he looks like!” She joked. You sighed and let her stay with you. Moments laters, Jaehyung’s car pulled up beside you. He rolled down the window. You looked over at her. “There. You’ve seen him. Happy now?” She was mesmerized by his good looks. He sent her a smile. You blushed whenever he smiled. He got out and took your bag from you and held your hand. She was obviously jealous, but happy for you. “Does your friend want a ride home too?” “Aniyo. She just wanted to meet you. Now she has. I’m sure she  has SOMEWHERE to go now!” You hid your face behind Jaehyung. He laughed. “Ok. Well, I’ll see you around. Bye!” He said, warmly.

In the car ride home, you told Jaehyung about telling your brothers that he can come hang out for a bit at her house. “Oh. Sure. I’ll come.” He smiled. After the ride, you arrived home. “Oppa! I’m home! Jaehyung oppa came too!” “Ah yes. Jaehyung! Glad to see you. I’m happy that the confession worked on you.” Soryong nudged him. He laughed. “Thanks hyung.”  The boys laughed. “Aww! Poor Eun Ki!” Daeryong teased you. “YAH!”

You spent time with Jaehyung after introductions. Daeryong pulled you aside while Jaehyung went upstairs to wait for you. “Make sure you don’t make any obvious moves for him to suspect that you’re an agent.” “Yeah. Yeah. I know what to do. Don’t worry!” You waved him off. “So, this is my room. You like?” You asked. “It’s very roomy. Very decorative.” You gave him a warm smile and made him sit with you. You leaned on him. “I’m glad you accepted my confession. You know, I was so nervous, I’d probably needed to go to the washroom!” You joked. He just stared at you. After a few seconds, he lifted your head and leaned in to close the gap between you two with a kiss. Your first kiss. “I’m glad I said  yes.” He said. “I love you Seo Eun Ki.” You blushed. “I love you too Jaehyung oppa.” In your mind, you were glad you didn’t make any obvious act to make him suspect your secret. Truth is, how you always change your room into a lair is because of the picture of yourself on the wall. Once you remove it from the wall, it opens. Let’s hope he never finds out.