05. A taste of parenthood

Torn

 

“Junsu-yah, are you hungry? Is there anything you want to eat?” asked Yukwon as he ruffled the little boy’s hair dry with a clean towel. Somehow Yukwon had automatically become in charge of taking care of Junsu since he appeared most comfortable around the elder boy.

 

Junsu shook his head as he scratched his chest. After Jiho left, Yukwon decided it would be good to give Junsu a quick shower before bringing him to bed. Apparently Junsu felt intimidated by the other members, especially Jihoon because of his low-pitched voice, and so he stood by Yukwon the whole time, cowering whenever the others approached him. Yukwon had carried Junsu and went into the washroom, comforting the toddler in his arms.

 

Meanwhile the other members left in the living room momentarily shrugged Yukwon & the kid off and went back to minding their own businesses. But Minhyuk, who was lying on his bed, cannot help but to realise that Yukwon would make a good father in the future, as he had predicted Yukwon loved children and was naturally good with them. Kyung and Taeil went back to playing their video game in the living room, making a ruckus of a noise at three in the morning, not having any plans to go to sleep soon while Jihoon had knocked off into dreamland the moment he laid his head onto his pillow, hugging his beloved Toto soft toy tightly against his chest.

 

Yukwon ped Junsu’s Thomas and Friends bagpack and took out its contents, two sets of clothing and a set of pyjamas and a pack of blue underwear. After he showered and dried Junsu with the towel, making small talk in between, he dressed Junsu into his pyjamas, and for once, he felt a certain proud feeling which he concluded it would be what every father feels when they have children.

 

“Done~~~ Junsu-yah, you are fresh as a cucumber, now! Let’s go to bed~ I bet you’re sleepy, right, Junsu-yah?” Yukwon coo-ed and pinched Junsu’s cheeks lightly.

 

They went out of the toilet and Yukwon ushered Junsu into the nearest bedroom where his bed was. Junsu’s little bare feet prodded across the wooden floor as he dragged his bag behind him and Yukwon smiled warmly at how cute the little boy in front of him was.

 

“Kyungie-yah, Taeil hyung, you guys aren’t sleeping yet?” Yukwon’s question directed to the two engrossed game addicts was merely ignored and so he rolled his eyes and reminded himself not to keep asking the same question every night those two would stay up to play whatever game they were so hooked to.

 

Yukwon carried Junsu up onto the top bed of the bunk bed he was sharing with Kyung and went to change into another tshirt hanging on a hook at the back of the door, leaving it open slightly so as not to let the living room light disrupt the peaceful darkness of their room.

 

“Hyung, should he sleep with me or..” he trailed off at the end as he directed his eyes at the other end of the room to Minhyuk, waiting for a reply.

 

“That’ll be best, since he’s gotten comfortable around you. Just make sure he doesn’t fall off the edge of the bed,” the springs in Minhyuk’s mattress creaked as he his side to look at Yukwon and Junsu.

 

Yukwon climbed up onto his bed and set the pillows and blankets, letting Junsu sleep right beside the wall and him on the outer end, taking Minhyuk’s advice into action.

 

“Come on, Junsu, let’s sleep. It’s really late now.”

 

Junsu lay down beside the elder boy and fidgeted around till he felt comfortable and Yukwon placed the blankets over them and patted Junsu’s chest softly in means of putting him to sleep, like what his mother used to do to him when he was young.

 

“Teddy.. teddy” Junsu whined and it took just a moment for Yukwon to realise what he wants and he reached out into the bag by his feet and pulled out a cute plushy bear. Once Junsu got his hands on his beloved soft toy, he hugged it like how Jihoon does with Toto, and he felt calm because the bear gave him a sense of familiarity and security.

 

The silence slowly enveloped them and Junsu’s eyelids slowly got heavier while Yukwon stared up at the ceiling, the day’s events being scanned through his mind as he thought deep and hard.

 

Junsu, is Jiho’s child. Jiho’s son... Illegitimate son.

 

Yukwon heaved a long sigh as the reality fully hit him hard like cold wind piercingly blowing against them in the midst of winter. No matter how impossible it seemed that such a thing would have happened, Yukwon somehow accepted the reality, as Junsu’s resemblance to Block B’s leader is obviously no joke. However, Junsu had dimples and Jiho didn’t, so Yukwon concluded that Junsu’s mother had dimples and had probably passed on that gene to her son.

 

A tug on his left sleeve broke his train of thoughts and he turned to the little boy beside him.

 

“S-samchon, Junsu, Junsu is hu- hungry,” Junsu spoke a syllable at a time, and Yukwon just melted at how adorable the kid was and a feeling of jealousy momentarily flickered in him that Jiho had such a kid.

 

Yukwon held Junsu’s hand and brought him to the kitchen, passing by the two in the living room who were still a little too noisy and Yukwon silently wished the neighbours would report them so he would not have to put up with such agony anymore.

 

Junsu sat on the chair and started swinging his legs while drinking the cup of warm milk Yukwon had placed into the microwave oven to warm just half a minute ago.

 

“Warm milk will make it easier for you to sleep, Junsu-yah. Sometimes if samchon cannot go to sleep, a glass of warm milk makes me fall asleep in no time,” Yukwon smiled to the contented boy.

 

When Junsu had his fill and didn’t want to drink anymore, Yukwon drank the remaining liquid and washed the cup, not forgetting to wipe the milk on Junsu’s mouth clean. Junsu then skipped off back into the room, stopping by the bed to wait for Yukwon to pick him up and they both got comfortable again, falling into slumber quite sooner than expected, as light snores then filled the room.


 

 

So this chappie is basically where Yukwon comes in. I was planning to put kwon as the "replacement dad" since jiko has not come to terms with the reality and he wants to deny that junsu isn't his biological son. I find it cute thinking how Yukwon would actually be like when he has no choice but feel that he has to be responsible over a little kid. kyaa~~ XD excuse me, but i get attracted to guys who like children and play with them tbvh. 

p.s if you silent readers had patiently waited for me to update this, you might notice that i named the son jinsu instead of junsu. tbh, at first i was contemplating between the two, but chose jinsu instead. BUT.. i have a reason why it's junsu now XDXD

see this chap's main picture? for those of you who watches 아빠 어디가 you might know, it's a 1n2d variety show where 5 famous dads bring their kids on a vacation. 5 children, ages between 5 and 9 and they. are. so. adorable. the youngest is junsu, lee junsu, and he is the adorablest thing E.VER. he reminds me of kim soohyun somehow XD okay i shall not continue any longer but do check it out! 

anyways.. do tell me what you think of this story/chapter so far~ i wanna talk to people ;-; coz i'm bored as