01. Mental Breaker

Torn

 

Jiho took small sips from the cold canned drink he bought from the vending machine, the taste of caffeine on his taste buds making him swallow eagerly, feeling instantly recharged. He had always loved coffee, it served him well; enabling him to keep energised in order to complete whatever tasks he had yet to fulfil. It had become an addiction; like a drug addict itching to get his hands on the packet of white powder illegally smuggled from who knows where; to an extent where he could not go a day without a cup of coffee, no matter hot or cold. He had always preferred cold though. Cold drinks tend to perk him up faster.

 

He rested the can onto the flat surface of the concrete barrier and leaned forward against it. Closing his eyes, he felt the gentle breeze caress his bare face, sending little jolts of shiver down his spine. His hair was carelessly tucked inside a cap he was wearing on his head, one of his favourite of the many caps he collected and owned. One can easily tell by the look of it; its black material has faded out, an obvious sign that it has gone through the passage of time.

 

Having been deprived of sleep for almost two days, the lethargy was really getting to him and if not for the caffeine, he would have just fallen into slumber the moment he were to lay his head down. The suspension of conciousness would really do him good; he would be able to recharge himself fully and not just depend on coffee to make his battery last just a little longer; but the last few moments of the current project he was working on were crucial; everything had to be perfect so as to fulfil his and everyone else’s expectations for his team’s comeback.

 

It had been three years since their re-debut, a new beginning, which also turned out to be a turning point in his team members’ career. Their group, now well known as the multi-talented hip-hop idols Block B, had experienced a tremendous increase of attention focused on them; after what a little misunderstanding had caused a huge controversy which would have ended their careers just like that; and had a comeback after a period of time of hopeless thoughts, meaningless activities, and of course depression; they return to the spotlight headstrong, with new willpower to keep going and to prove that they can do better and to soar higher into their dreams.

 

 After a period of absence, each member had gone through reflection. And when all of them came back as Block B, their teamwork and bond was stronger than ever. From that period onwards, they were slowly climbing back up the ladder to popularity and success, after they had tripped and stumbled down when they were only just climbing up the first few steps. They gained new fans, and most importantly acknowledgement, something very difficult to come by, and they were now in their peak of their popularity.

 

Jiho sometimes missed those moments where not all the attention was focused on them, those times where they had much more freedom to do whatever they want. He did not regret choosing the path he was on though, for he was going after his dreams lodged deep within himself ever since he was a little boy. What more could he ask for, now that he, along with his team members, his friends, his brothers, were going through the same path with the same burning passion in them. Two little boys who once performed in the streets were now performing professionally on stages with expensive set-ups and cameras focused on them, and he was really glad his best friend from young had gone through thick and thin with him.

 

Reminiscing past memories, Jiho felt the light buzz from his jeans pocket, his phone vibrating earnestly for him to answer the call. He slipped his nimble fingers into his pocket and took out the handheld device which was barely too large to fit into his tight pants. Who else would want to disrupt his moment of peace and serenity other than his annoying best friend, Park Kyung.

 

Breathing into the speaker, Jiho answered the call in an annoyed and gruff tone, “What do you want, bastard?”

 

“Whoah.. sorry to interrupt you, pms-ing loner, but Kiggen hyung’s calling for you. Said he’s done going through the demo tracklist and he wants you in the studio,” Kyung replied nonchalantly, then continued with complaints, “tch why did he call me to call you? I was busy going through my fanletters. Minhyuk hyung’s right beside him and he had to call me? Urgh hurry here I don’t want to be bossed around to go looking for your stupid .”

 

And with that, Kyung ended the call, leaving Jiho furious than before. Jiho was really tired and he really hoped Kiggen had only little adjustments to point out. He had finally completed the songs he composed and produced for Block B’s new album, thanks to the guidance he received from Kiggen. The other members had pitched in their creations, and Jiho had to try to cram every single good part into their songs. He had completed the demo himself, waiting for the songs to get approved by the producers and of course, their boss, before he could distribute parts to the members and have them record their individual parts. That, was a whole different problem, and Jiho was sure another wave of stress and sleepless nights would come his way.

 

Letting out a burdened sigh, he grabbed his now empty can of coffee and tossed it into the nearby rubbish bin. Turning on his heel, he headed back out from the rooftop of building, and down to the ground floor where the studio was located.

 


 

 

First chapter is up! Just a little filler chapter. Plot will commence in the next few.

oh and i just can't resist the urge to include the part where kyung was reading his fanletters. he's too precious. XD

tell me what you think guys, i'll be back soon once i've whipped up some pages of my imagination!