03. State of Confusion

Torn

 

[18 march 2013] did some minor adjustments, nothing else different. i just changed the name from Jinsu to Junsu.

 


 

 

iho took his time to head back to the dorm, driving with a constant speed and purposely slowing down at every yellow light instead of stepping on the gas like he usually does. Immersing himself into the classical music played on the radio, Jiho just wanted to close his eyes and live in that peaceful serenity and luxury of his posh car.

 

What he had heard from Kyung over the phone just made him annoyed at how forever inconsiderate his dear friend was; always disturbing him at the worst time possible. Why should he have to care if a kid who looks like him ends up on his doorstep? There are six other guys living in the same dorm. Can’t they solve the problem themselves? Jiho drove into the basement of their apartment building and parked his car with ease.

 

As soon as the front door slammed shut, rudely informing the others that their leader was back, Jiho saw a little boy run up to him and hug his thighs, shouting “Daddy~~” with a huge smile on his face. Kyung came running after the boy and stopped before exhaling a single long breath as he made eye contact with Jiho, who looked back at him with confusion plastered on his face.

 

“What have you done now, Jiho?” Kyung shook his head in disappointment.

 

“People make mistakes and I understand that but this,.. is going to ruin us all,” he continued after pondering over the right words to say.

 

“What? What are you saying?” Jiho tried to pry the little kid’s arms so that he could move but to no avail. The boy kept himself glued to Jiho’s legs and he sure as hell is a strong one for his age.

 

Yukwon appeared from the kitchen with a bowl of fruits and gently pulled the little boy’s hands away from Jiho. He ushered the other three into the living room where all the others are quiet and in deep thoughts. Jiho heaved himself onto the empty spot on the couch beside Minhyuk and Jaehyo, Taeil and Jihoon were on another couch opposite of them sitting quietly. Jaehyo picked out an orange from the fruit bowl and started peeling it just so that he could focus on something else rather than getting involved in the situation.

 

“You see, as Park Kyung has told you, this little kid ended up on our doorstep, and he has not said a word till you came back. What’s more interesting is, he looks like you and he even called you his father. Mind explaining?” Yukwon was the one to break the tension in the room and speak up.

 

Among the seven members, it was Yukwon who usually takes charge of serious matters, because he’d rather them be well organised than let them all do whatever they pleased. Even though Jiho was the leader, in terms of being responsible for everyone and not just for himself, he lacked it. That’s when Yukwon was indirectly appointed to be in charge. Yukwon had tried to get the little boy to talk but the latter would just keep quiet and look like he was about to cry and so Yukwon stopped persuading him.

 

“I swear, I have no idea who this kid is,” Jiho defended. He was speaking the truth but at that state, everyone did not know what was going on and so what was wrong or right needed to be made clear.

 

“Even if you don’t, do you remember if you had deliberately or not caused this to happen?” Yukwon further questioned him.

 

“What are you even saying? Stop interrogating me like some cop! God!” Jiho stood up and stared at Yukwon.

 

“What I meant was, this boy looks like he is three or four years old. Try to remember, Jiho, when was the last time you “played” around?” Yukwon motioned his fingers to the word “played” to emphasise the meaning behind it.

 

“I don’t get you guys, seriously. Do you even have proof that he’s my son?” Jiho spitted.

 

Jiho got down on his knees to eye level in front of the little boy and gently spoke, “Hey kiddo, what’s your name?”

 

The boy kept quiet for a moment as he stared back at Jiho.

 

“My name is Woo Junsu, age four years old and my father’s name is Woo Jiho!” he recited out loud as if he had been made to memorise the line.

 

That statement brought confusion to the seven adults in the room. Jiho’s jaw was hanging open. How shocked and utterly confused the others were feeling, Jiho had to be a thousand times flabbergasted as a dozen thoughts raced through his mind.

 

“Woo.. Jun..su..” Jiho muttered.

 

As everyone stayed rooted to their positions, Junsu ped his bag and pulled out a piece of crumpled foolscap paper and nimbly handed it over to Jiho, his little fingers clutching the ends of the paper tightly.

 


 

 

Here it is! another short one hais.. as i've said i have a short attention span. >_< 

Hyoranges ㅋㅋㅋ n,n

tell me what you think guys~ I need motivation because my lazy self is a bietch.