1

Unlikely

-5 Years Ago-

The phone was ringing at 9.pm.You hesitantly picked it up while watching your favourite K- drama,winter sonata.It was raining very heavily with loud thunder and huge flashes of lightning to top it all off.To your surprise,it was Chae yeon,Your best friend since kindergarden.

"Hey,Chae Yeon.What's up?".You exhaled tiredly.

"OMG,Yoon Ji.Are you sighing?!".Chae Yeon freaked out.You kept quiet,so Chae Yeon went on.

"You know how sighing is bad for you!"Don't do that ever again!".Chae Yeon shouted through the phone.You  rubbed your temples with your fingers and closed your eyes.

"I know.I'm just really tired.Homework and all.And my uncle's not even back yet.I can't sleep till he gets back."You replied softly.

"Well okay.Let's just hope he gets back fast seeing it's a school night".Chae Yeon replied

knowingly.You nodded in agreement even though you know Chae Yeon can't see you.

"Why did you call?".You asked.

"Oh,I just wanted to check up on you.Your uncle's been treating you better these days,right?.Please tell me he is." Chae yeon asked,concern.

"You don't have to worry,Chae.Everything's fine as of now.He promised to not drink on weekdays anymore.". You assured her.

"I just hope those aren't empty promises he's making." Chae Yeon replied.Chae Yeon really does love you as a friend.You both shared so many things together when you were little girls.But of course you are more than a friend,you're a sister from a different mother.

"I trust him,Chae." You told her finally.

"Well,alright.Hey,remember that guy,with the red umbrella?Did you catch his name?". Chae Yeon asked,changing the subject.

"Oh,no actually.I haven't seen him since.".You replied matter-of-factly.

"What?!.You didn't even say goodbye or thank you!And how did you know about that?!".Chae Yeon started firing questions at You.

"Chae Yeon,I don't even know how he looks like,let alone say goodbye.Of course I was thankful that he placed the red umbrella to cover me from the rain but in a flash,he was gone." You

replied.

"Well,that's a sad case.I really thought maybe...nevermind." Chae Yeon vaguely

answered.

"Maybe what?". You asked in curiosity.Suddenly there was a loud bang on the door.

"Hold on,Chae.I think it's my uncle." You informed.

"That was freaking loud for goodness sakes." Chae Yeon muttered under her breath.You grabbed the keys and started to unlock the door.When you turned the door knob,you saw a very drunk uncle Woo hyuk.He looked terrible and smelled horrible too.The beer and wine scent was all over him,and his breath was filthy.

"U-uncle,a-are y-you o-okay?". You stammered while looking at your uncle's condition.You felt a little terrified.But you calmed yourself down.

"It's my uncle" you thought and exhaled in relief.

"Yoon Ji?is that you?."He said while touching your face.You resisted.

"Why are you running away from me,pretty girl.I'm your uncle.Don't you trust me?" He said while reaching for you.

"U-uncle,this is not you".You said in a small voice.You were scared to death.Suddenly he came closer and pinned you against the wall.

"U-uncle,stop!'.You demanded.

"No,I won't.For all this time your parents died,they had to make me take care of you.I wasted so much of my money on you,you stupid child!".

He said and slapped You on your cheek.It was red.You tried to break away from him but he was too strong.He reached for your skirt and pulled it out vigorously,toring it apart,leaving you with your underwear on.

"Uncle Stop!".But he wouldn't listen.He bite your collarbone so hard,it bled.You screamed but he turned up the volume of the television.Winter sonata's" From the beginning to the end" was playing while your uncle you until you no longer had the power to speak.The rest was history.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L4krBgQPTg Please play )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------