Our confessions

So, What Are We Now?

Still Donghae's POV...

I threw myself on the sofa and switched on the tv. Instead on focusing on whatever on the screen, my mind was focused on Haneul. I sighed.

She had been my childhood friend and my first female friend ever. It took me forever to see her again ever since i left Mokpo. She had grown beautifully. She looks more matured with her long silky hair and fair skin. She's totally not the same Haneul i used to play with. I pulled my hair back. Aigoo~

Seeing her cry today makes me hate myself. I hate and will always hate to see her cry. Ever since we were kids, i've kept a strong feeling towards her and kept to myself all along. After all, how old were we back then? While i was busy remembering the past, i didn't even realise that Teukie hyung had come and sat next to me.

"Gwaenchana?" he asked me, pulling me back to reality. I shook my head.

"Ani.."

"Wae?"

So, i decided to tell him everything, even my feelings. I felt after that. He nodded in understanding.

"Well, if you love her, you've got to tell her. Protect her." hyung adviced, sounding like a 'love guru'.

"eotteokae?" i asked desperately.

"Just stand by her, understand her feelings & never let go of her. Arasseo?"

I nodded.

 

Haneul's POV

I cried in his arms. After many years, i cried in his arms again. The last time i did that was when we parted. Still, i let go of him, even when my heart told me not to. Wary of my antis, i fought my feelings and let go.

I walked to the kitchen and prepared dinner for myself. Dinner this time was simple. Ramen. I sighed. After i was done eating, the doorbell rang. I went to check. Donghae oppa?

I quickly opened the door and let him in. He had this wary expression on his face. But i chose to ignore him and went off to the kitchen to clear off my dinner. Well, what was left of it, anyway.

"You ate already?" Donghae asked from the kitchen hallway. I nodded.

"What'd you eat?"

"Ramen."

"Is it enough? Won't you be hungry again later?"

"......."

"Do you hate me?" I spun around in suprise. i didn't expect that question.

"Do you?" he asked again. I shook my head.

"Why would i,oppa? it's not your fault. I'm just not in the mood." i said to make him feel better.

"okay."

 

---SILENTS---

 

'this is awkward.' i thought to myself as we sat facing each other at the living room. My head is getting heavier too. So i got up and tried to leave.

"Eodiga?" he asked in a panicked tone.

"Sleep. I think i have a headache. I think you should leave now oppa. Please don't forget to close the door." i said as i walked to my room.

Suddenly, my wrist was being held and i was hugged from the back. I could feel his warm breathe at my cheeks. My heart starts to beat faster.

"Oppa, what are you doing? Let go..." i asked in a low voice. i'm quite certain that my face was blushing. Hard.

"Saranghae, Park Haneul."

I froze. What. Did. He. Say?

"Mwo?" was all i could say.

"I said, saranghae..." he whispered to my ear. I can't believe this. He loves me? Like how i love him? My tears rolled down my cheeks. Even so, 'us' wasn't possible. He's an idol. What am i thinking? I don't want to be yelled at. Andwae..

I let go of his grip and turned to look at him. He was obviously suprised at my actions. I smiled and touched his face slightly with the tips of my finger.

"Gomawo,oppa..." i said. " Do you know how much i've wanted to hear those words come out of you before?"

He looked at me and tugged my hair behind my ears. "That long,huh? Mianhae~"

I shook my head. "But now, i can't oppa. After the incident earlier, i just can't. I don't want antis. I don't want your fans to leave you either. So please, lets forget about our feelings and stay friends."

"Mwo?" he asked in disbelief.

I smiled slightly and ran to my room. I cried as hard as i could and fell asleep soon after. 'Oppa, saranghae...'