The Pain of Our Friendship

So, What Are We Now?

At campus...

These few days, I have been companied with Donghae's text messages. Now and then he would make me laugh or irritated.

Still, that's what i missed and loved about him.

I looked over at my phone. Not a single message today. I sighed. He must be busy. As an idol, I'm sure he's pretty busy now. Probably today he won't be able to come to his courses too. I sighed again.

"Morning,sir." I said to my seonsaengnim as i entered class. he smiled in response. When i was about to walk to my seat far back, I can't stop overhearing my classmates whispering as they looked at me in disgust.

"She's the one." i heard someone say as i sat down.

"Who is she?"

"Park Haneul.." i frowned. What's the whispering about? Why was my name mentioned?

"Who does she think she is?"

"She'd better stay away from him." Him? Who him? What's going on here?

After class, I decided to got to the bathroom to wash my face. But my intention was postponed as i heard two girls talking about Donghae.... and me.

"Rumours said that they are always texting each other."

"Donghae oppa? Text her? I heard she was the one who disturbed him first and bribed him to reply her texts."

"Unbelievable. Who does she think she is? Insolent mute much? Urghh.."

I was shocked. Me? Bribed him? What the...?

"Hey you!" suddenly a voice called. Before i knew it, i was pinned to the wall. A large number of girls were pinning me to the wall. 'what is this?' i thought. 'high school bullies?'

"You're her, right? Par Haneul?" one of them asked. I swallowed hard. What do they want?

"SInce we're all new, and this is the first and hopefully the last, i'm going to tell you nicely. STAY AWAY FROM OUR LEE DONGHAE!" she warned.

Again, i was held back. I blinked in suprise and could only stood still.

"Yah! Did you hear what she said?" yelled another girl. My heart starts thumping hard. 'Eotteokae?' i thought nervously... they all looked at me in disgust. 'someone please help me!' a voice cried in my head.

"Stay away from her!" cried a familiar voice from behind. Everyone turned and gasped in suprise. I was frozen in place.

 

Donghae's POV...

After my schedule, i quickly rushed off to campus. I didn't even text Haneul today cause i left my phone in my room. I can't wait to see her today. As i was walking past the toilet, i realized there were lots of girls gathered there. They all seemed to be shouting at somebody. Curiously, i went to check it out.

"STAY AWAY FROM OUR LEE DONGHAE!" i heard one of them shouted. I stopped short. what is going on? i turned to look at the girl they were yelling at. Her familiar posture caught me off guard.

"Yah! Did you hear what she said?" yelled another girl. i hated seeing them yell at her like that. So i decided to save her.

"Stay away from her!"

They all spun around in suprised upon hearing me. That's when i caught the look on Haneul's face. She was frightened. I hated that even more. So i quickly walked to her and pulled her away from my fans. Their expressions were all unbelievable. I smirked and walked off quickly, dragging Haneul with me.

We stopped at the campus garden and i let her rest on a nearby bench. She still looked shocked and i could have swore that she was about to cry. i quickly sat next to her and pulled her in my arms. I was right. She cried.

Then, after a moment or so, she quickly pulled away.

"Don't do that." she said suddenly.

"Huh?" i asked her in confusion. She wiped off her tears.

"I don't want to be yelled by your fans again,oppa. So, i think we should stay away."

I was shocked. Then, i sighed. She must have been scared. "I'm sorry." was all i could say to her.

Suddenly, she wept again and shook her head. "Please, don't be. Oppa, i still want to be your friend but all of this makes me crazy. I didn't expect antis in our friendship bu i really don't want to lose you either."

Upon hearing her confessions, my heart skips a beat. I, too, would not want to lose her. I've lost sleep because of this girl named Park Haneul. i couldn't stop thinking about her. I know i am in love with her now, but does she feel the same? Even so, were there hope for us with my fans around me? I was lost for words.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------