Summer School

Inculpable Panic!

   The summer vacation is a tradition of the Mt. Sam dormitories; The voluntary three days and two nights of summer school, where most of the third, fourth and fifth graders attend to. Every year some interesting things happen and the teachers and the dorm's director always plan some nice adventures for the pupils.
   Ryeowook was looking forward to it very much, for example, staying with his friends in a different environment outside the dorms, not thinking about any school-related stuff or something else.
   The small boy sat in the bus together with Yesung, Kyungsoo and some other students of St. Jaeneung, while Eunhyuk, Kris and Tao sat together with Kibum, Jonghyun, Baekhyun, Changmin and Yunho in the other two buses with the other students of St. Jihye and St. Chaegim.
   Ryeowook sat at the window and gazed outside, enjoying the great view of the sea in the distance.
   "It's too bad, that Kyuhyun-ssho couldn't come with us."
   "Yeah", Ryeowook said in sad voice and nodded, before he realised how he anwsered to Yesung's comment about Kyuhyun. He turned shocked to Yesung, who only looked at him with a smile - a smile which looked like Yesung knew what happened between them.
   "The Wang is very busy at the summer, so he couldn't help it", Yesung explained with a smile and Ryeowook sighed, before he turned back to the window, thinking about Kyuhyun, whishing to be with him.

   Other than the students, who attend to summer school, the rest of the pupils went home to their parents or had to attend summer classes, because they had failed at the tests. But the dorms were quiet and empty. There were no noises of the students to hear, no steps along the hallways.
   Only Kyuhyun went to through the hallway on his way to the conference room, where he wanted to meet with Siwon. On his way, he stopped in front of Ryeowook's room. He just laid his hand on the door and smiled, closing his eyes to remember the small boy's happy smile, which always caused that lovely warmth in his heart.
   Suddenly Siwon appeared behind him: "It's time, Kyuhyun. We need to greet our guests, who came here to observe us."
   Kyuhyun turned his head annoyed away; He wished he could attend summer school with Ryeowook, but he was trapped in the dorms because of his duty as Wang.
   "This is one of the Wang's jobs", Siwon added in a serious tone.
   "I know that."
Siwon took a deep breath, before he kept walking ahead and Kyuhyun followed him. They walked to the entrance gate of the dormitory to wait for the guests.

   In the meanwhile, Ryeowook and his friends finally reached the hostel, where everybody walked upstairs to their rooms and like in the dorms, every student shared a room with another student.
   Ryeowook and Yesung shared their room. Ryeowook put his bag into the waredrope, while he was deep in thoughts. He wanted to enjoy the summer school together with his friends, but instead of having fun, he was lost in thoughts because he wished to be together with Kyuhyun.
   "Ryeowookie, look over here!", Yesung caught Ryeowook's attention again and the small boy turned to his roommate with a sad expression, who was standing on the balcony, "This is such a beautiful view!"
   Ryeowook went outside on the balcony to Yesung, who enjoyed the view of the beach, and the great view created a fascinated smile on Ryeowook's lips.
   The sea was blue, saphire blue, a wonderful blue, which Ryeowook has never seen before and the sand at the beach looked clear and pure, just like the water. At some corners of the beach were sunshades, where some people laid on their towels, enjoying the sun.
   "Wahh... so pretty", Ryeowook said fascinated, as the fresh wind caressed his face.
   At the same time, Eunhyuk and Kris prepared their room and Eunhyuk sat in front of the cupboard to unpack his bag as Kris suddenly gave him a hug from behind.
   "Kris?"
   "It's too bad. Donghae-sshi has to train for his tournament, so he didn't have the time to come to summer school", Kris said, trying to encourage his friend, "You wanted to come with him, right?"
   "It's okay."
   "Huh?", Kris asked confused and let go of his friend, who turned to him with a smile.
   "We've promised.", Eunhyuk said and gave Kris a happy smile.
   "Promise?"
   "After summer vacation, we can see each other again, just the two of us", Eunyhuk explained, "So you don't need to encourage me!"
   "I see. That's great, Hyuk! So I don't need to hug you or something like this. Great, I already felt a bit awkward", Kris told his friend and laughed shyly, before he stood up again.
   And also the other students prepared their rooms for the summer vacations. "Why are there three beds?", Changmin asked confused, while he stood in front of the three beds and Yunho unpacked his bag.
   "Baekhyun is going to share this room with us", Yunho explained.
   "Eh? Don't the student council members have their private rooms?", Changmin asked.
   "Yes, but I gave my room to Kibum and Jonghyun", Baekhyun explained as he entered the room, "I hope it's okay for you, Min!"
   "Sure", Changmin said and laughed happily, while Baekhyun put his bag on one bed and Yunho jumped on the other one, "You guys will take the beds? So I have to use the mattress?"
   Baekhyun nodded with a smile and Yunho sat up on his bed and patted on the place next to him: "Come on, Min, don't pout like this. We can share a bed!"
   After all students prepared their rooms, they changed into their swim pants before they met with their friends at the beach.
   Kyungsoo stood in front of the mirror to check his look and hair, while he talked to himself: "Will he think I'm cute?" Then he blushed while he thought about his seonbae, who he liked so much, while Tao was sitting annoyed on his bed, eyeballing him. He was annoyed, because he had to share a room with Kyungsoo, who annoyed him with his crush on Yesung so much.
   "Keep calm, boy!", Tao said annoyed and stood up, "Can we go now?", and Kyungsoo nodded shyly, while he observed the older Jihye student, who looked so good with his trained body. Then Kyungsoo followed him to the beach, while he looked down on the ground.
   "Don't worry, Kyungsoo, he will think you are cute", Tao added as he noticed Kyungsoo's depressed expression, "But therefore you have to stop looking so sad, okay?!" And Kyungsoo nodded with a happy smile on his face again. Now. he was ready to meet his seonbaes on the beach.

    "St. Jaeneung boys' academy has over 100 years of history", Siwon explained, while he showed the guests around and Kyuhyun followed them without talking, "The campus is one of the oldest."
   After they finished their tour through the school and dorms, Kyuhyun and Siwon went into the student council's room, where they had to check documents and different stuff.
   Kyuhyun sat down on his place and Siwon laid down a bulk of documents next to him, which he had to read and sign as the Wang. Kyuhyun's eyes grew big in shock after he noticed how much work he had to do and sent his friend a depressed look, but Siwon ignored him.
   "There's a lot of work, that you have to do", Siwon only said, before he sat down on his seat and started to check the documents, which Kyuhyun had to sign afterwards.
   Kyuhyun took a deep breath and nodded, before he grabbed his pencil and started to sign one document after another, while all the other students were enjoying the hot sun at the beach.
   Ryeowook laid on his towel under a sunshade and Yesung helped him to apply some sunlotion on his back. Changmin and Yunho sat in the sand some meters away, building up a sandcastle together until they noticed Kibum and Jonghyun, who were building a sandcastle as well, with the difference, that Jonghyun's and Kibum's castle looked really professional and great, while Changmin's and Yunho's looked like a child had built it up.
   "Damn, we can't lose to them", Changmin said annoyed and Yunho nodded in agreement. It would be too embarrassing if they would loose in such a competition against lower students. So they asked Tao for help, who just stood around and didn't know what he should do, so he joined them.
   Ryeowook and Yesung started playing volleyball with Eunhyuk and Kris, while Kyungsoo sat on a stone, eyeballing them. Actually, he wanted to join them, but he was too shy to ask them. "This would be a good chance to get to know Yesung seonbae better...", he said to himself, as suddenly the volleyball rolled in front of him. He picked it up and as he looked up again, Ryeowook stood in front of him, smiling happily at his dongsaeng.
   "Thank you, Kyungsoo. Do you wanna join us?"
   "Yes!"
Kibum was happy to share his precious time with his beloved Jonghyun, eventhough he always carried his cuddle toy Dino around with him. They finished their sandcastle, which Jonghyun wanted to build so badly and then Jonghyun stood up and placed Dino on the top of the sandcastle, which was already reaching the height of Jonghyun's stomach.
   "Look, Kibummie, Dino likes it", Jonghyun said happily and clapped his hands, before Kibum pulled him close into a hug and nodded.
   "Right, he looked like the king!", Kibum added, as suddenly the volleyball fell down on the sandcastle of their schoolmates, which caused Kibum to laugh quietly, because he wanted to win to unofficial competition.
   Yunho, Changmin and Tao were shocked and turned angrily to the others, who ran to them to apologized honestly. Ryeowook, Eunhyuk and Yesung immediatly bowed deeply to them, saying they were sorry, while Kris stood behind them not moving an inch and just laughed.
   "Sorry... we are really sorry", Ryeowook said again.
   "Can we get our ball, please?", Kris spoke with his usual cool expression on his face, but the other three were angry with them; now they really lost the sandcastle competition. So Kris went next to Tao and kneeled down in front of him, smiling honestly to him, before he repeated: "Can you please give me our ball?"
   But now Tao couldn't resist anymore and handed Kris the ball without any words, who gave him his smile once more, causing Tao to innerly go crazy.
   In the afternoon, everybody returned to the hostel, where the students had to prepare themselves for the hike. On his way to the shower, Ryeowook noticed the grand piano in the entrance hall. He stopped and gazed at the piano, remembering the time he played together with Kyuhyun, which caused him to miss him again.
   He went to the piano, sat down on the bench and laid his hands on the keyboard, ready to start playing, but he stopped himself.
   At the same time, Kyuhyun took a break from working and he also stood in front of the piano. Usually, he played the piano to forget about his work in the breaks, but this time he started to play the piano to think about the small boy, which seemed like he really missed him. And without knowing, they both started playing the grand piano at the same time and even played the same song, the song which they had played together.
   "Ryeowook, we're going", somebody said from behind. Ryeowook stopped playing the piano and he looked around and saw Yesung, who waved to him.
   "Ah, wait."
Ryeowook stood up and hurried to his friend. He totally forgot about the hike, for which he had to prepare himself. So he quickly ran to Yesung, who wait for him at the elevator and at the same time, Kyuhyun returned to the office to finish his work.
   The Wang was totally in thoughts, while he checked one document after another, but actually he didn't really checked them, he just signed them.
   "Kyuhyun, what's wrong?", Siwon asked worried, as he noticed his friends troubled expression.
   "Eh? It's nothing.", Kyuhyun said and stood up.
   "Kyuhyun?"
   "I will be right back", the Wang added and left the room. He went to his greenhouse to take some care of the flowers. Somehow, he didn't understand why he acted like this. Did he really like the small boy so much, that he missed him like crazy already? He couldn't believe it, because it was so unlike him.

   At the same time, Ryeowook was on the hike and the group took a break at a colorful lawn, where Ryeowook squatted down in front of the beautiful flowers, which remembered him of Kyuhyun's greenhouse.
   "The flowers are beautiful, right?", Yesung said and Ryeowook sighed while nodding, which confused Yesung a bit. Lately, his beloved Ryeowook was so quiet and since they were on the summer school, he sighed so often. Was he alright?
   Ryeowook haven't told him about what happened with Kyuhyun in the greenhouse. Ryeowook wasn't even sure if Yesung knew about the existence of the greenhouse. Somehow, the small boy wasn't sure how he should tell his friend and should he even tell his friend, that he and the Wang kissed already? But it was a different kiss. It was different from what he had seen before. Ryeowook was able to see how honest it was, because he gazed straight into Kyuhyun's eyes, which had shown his honest feelings for Ryeowook, eventhough nobody of them was sure about it themselves.
   Maybe they needed some more time to get used to what they felt, what was going on in their hearts and why they missed each other so badly.

 

Hey everybody,
I'm back and I hope you like the update!^^
Now my exam's for university are starting soon, so I'm maybe not able to upload often, but I will try hard not to let you wait for so long or to disappoint you guys <3