To Reach Your Heart

Fallen Angels : The Untold Tale From Heaven [Oneshot Collection]

 

NP: Machine - EXO-M

 

Thanks To: gwapaticmoversdmd, reihn22, dtcarla04, babykero14, jjajja, ROARRIPOP

Word Count: 2, 263 words

Genre: Alternate Universe, Romance 

Prompt: Fallen Angel, a curse unbroken

 

*

 

 

“Ladies and gentlemen…our dear teacher wouldn’t even make it on the last minute, so we have an hour to party!”

 

 

The doe-eyed boy couldn’t help himself but to steal a glimpse of the doll-like lady beside him. While everybody else was howling like hyenas, freed into the vast wilderness, she kept motionless. It was those times when students needed a break from stressful examinations thus thrilled reactions were normal. Yet, Seo Joohyun remained unmoving in her seat, had her eyes fixed in front and plastered a small insincere smile in her pretty face.

 

Everyone was already freely chatting with each other. Some were already on their phones while some immediately took a nap. But the two of them were both on their seats, just like good old students. Having to be seated beside her for the whole Literature class was already too much of his good luck. And now that there would be no teacher to ruin that moment and students who didn’t even mind them, his weak heart would probably explode anytime.  

 

As expected, he couldn’t keep as motionless as her. He had been anxiously gnawing the cap of his black-inked ballpoint. Yet to find satisfaction, he cautiously drummed his slender fingers on the wooden desk and silently hummed a random Chinese song that entered his mind. He tried his hardest to get a distraction, now unconsciously bobbing his head to the rhythm of the song in his mind.  

 


Cause I can't help falling in love with you
Everytime I look traight into your eyes
I can't explain this feeling but it stumbled in my mind...

 

 

But he realized that the song only highlighted his feelings for her. And as he lost count to the times when he could feel shivers going down to his spine, he had stolen another brief glance. Being just few inches away from her icy and transparent porcelain skin made him thought if blood was really flowing inside her veins–or even if she had veins. That same exact girl beside him was also the one he had fallen for two years ago. And he kept having thoughts if he had actually fallen for a machine.

 

Ever since his Literature teacher had assigned him to sit beside the girl, he got more opportunities to steal a closer look on her. And he had never let those opportunities not to be grabbed. He had known her better. His list of her unique traits went longer and his feelings grew stronger along.    

 

His yet another selfish stolen look became longer which caused for the girl to catch him. Her pair of gray eyes scrutinized him, piercing right through his soul. It was their first eye contact and he felt so rude for staring but he couldn’t even move a bit. He was lost instead in the depth of her eyes. They were like glasses which he could see through. And if he’s not mistaken, he could notice the innocence in them. But at the same time, he felt like there’s more to innocence in those lifeless pair of eyes. He was hypnotized by the mysteriousness they have.

 

Do you need anything, Luhan-ssi?” Seohyun asked.

 

“Ah, n-no…I’m sorry if I have bothered you!” He apologized in an instant.     

 

It wasn’t really his first time hearing her feathery voice but he couldn’t deny either that it was one of those rare moments worthy of being treasured. And he had wished he could return back time and repeat it once again.

 

The girl gently shook her head to show that she wasn’t really bothered before shifting her eyes to the front again. She remained silent and unmoving, as if the interaction between them didn’t occur.

 

Luhan could only smile to himself. No matter how she seemed so unconcerned with her surroundings, she’s still a human after all. She had heart which was different enough from machines. He just needed to waken her up–to reach her heart and open it once again.

 

//

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore, Seohyun-ssi…” Hakyung sobbed. Tears continuously stained her cheeks but she didn’t mind. She wanted to just release the sorrow in her heart. “I was pained seeing him just sleeping on the bed, worried if he would even woke up. But it was even more painful when he couldn’t recognize me anymore.”

 

Seohyun, who sat in front of her grieving sunbae, watched as Hakyung’s eyes turned swollen and red. She didn’t know what exactly happened but something’s tugging deep inside her heart. The way that the older lady had unleashed her frustrations made her feel like she had gone through the same.

 

“Sometimes, I even think if he had really loved me. I mean, if he really did, then he must strive hard to remember me…” She admitted as lines     formed in her forehead. She clenched her fists rested on the table, preventing herself from further breakdown.

 

Seohyun thought that her sunbae must have been hurting so much since the older lady was crying her heart out. Of course, she could tell just by feeling it. She may look calm but as she listened to Hakyung’s spiteful confessions, she could feel her own flesh trembling from the same agonizing pain.   

 

Suddenly, she reached out for her favorite sunbae’s hand and had gently squeezed it. Hakyung was surprised but Seohyun, herself, was unconscious to it actually. It was as out of reflex, saying she must let the woman not to feel any sense of loneliness.

 

“I don’t really think that I’m in the place to say this but you should be more encouraged to go on since he couldn’t remember you–do you think he can’t remember you anymore because he doesn’t love you? Come to think of it; he wasn’t able to remember you because he had lost his memories, because a huge part of his memory contained only you. Now, do you really think that he doesn’t love you?”     

 

Seohyun could clearly see how the other lady was left in shock upon realizing the fact that she was that huge part he had lost. And if she’d discourage herself, she would just be completely removing her away from him.

 

Hakyung was so ashamed of herself. She found herself being controlled by her stressed out emotions. And mostly, those types of emotions would destroy a relationship.

 

“So it definitely wasn’t a matter of how he can gain those memories back. It would all end up to how willing the two of you will be to make new memories.” Seohyun stated, her own words slowly attacking her own heart. She just wanted her sunbae to gain something for her but she actualized something for herself instead.       

 

//

 

“There you are…”

 

Luhan restrained his urge to sigh as he had finally found the girl whom he had been searching for. From afar, he could clearly see that she was currently resting her head on her arm, seemingly watching the group of female seniors.

 

And no matter how many times he had sworn not to stare at Seohyun as if he’s going to melt her with his tender gaze, he had found that he had loved her back view even more. At that juncture, he couldn’t break such celestial scene in front of him.

 

He loved how her skin gleamed against the bright rays that passed into the window glass. He didn’t know if he was just overly in loved or her skin looked like a diamond which could reflect sparkling lights and shine at its finest. He loved the delicate and silky strands of her bronze-colored hair. He loved her surreal and golden proportions which defeated human logic.

 

But then again, he was probably exaggerating because he was describing her features in the most impossible way. As he had discovered from the dramas shown on his television, when people have fallen in love, they tend to feel euphoric–which would also cause them to think that they have fallen to flawless people.

 

After he had gathered his strength, he slowly made his way towards the peaceful and unmoving lady. “Hey–” He stopped and nearly lost his life upon realizing that Seohyun was sleeping. He fought the urge to release a loud gasp and cause for this angelic girl to wake up from her seemingly sweet dreams.

 

He then stood frozen in front of the unconscious pretty girl, rooting in the finely-tiled ground. His fingers began to fiddle with his black school pants–a sign that he’s having second thoughts on something. He tried to peek at the glowing face of Seohyun but felt guilty as serenity in her facial expression struck him.

 

Upon the realization of his selfish desires, he shifted his eyes on the opposite direction. He calmed himself down before finally deciding to just work as quiet as he could. After all, it was the primary reason for them to meet. They became partners on a small assignment tasked by their Literature teacher and have agreed to meet after classes in the library to work on it. 

 

Trembling hands, Luhan got his own folder and grabbed his ballpoint pen in a swift movement. He tried his best to focus instead on the work papers; getting down for a seat, sifting the pages of his hands-on workbook, highlighting details then organizing them on his scratch paper.

 

But as seconds ticked by, he found himself getting more distracted by the attractive presence of the girl beside him. He ruffled his own hair in frustration and sighed. For sure, they wouldn’t be able to finish their assignment.

 

“Foolish Lu Han, why do you even have to fall that hard?” He asked himself. “Just great, you’re talking to yourself now. Ugh, seriously…” He awkwardly chuckled, actualizing the fact that he had been losing his sanity whenever he was with her.

 

Glancing on her face once again, he remembered the short yet scenery happened a while ago. Not that he wanted to eavesdrop on the private conversation but upon hearing Seohyun’s advice on Hakyung’s problem. From his own knowledge, Hakyung was Seohyun’s closest friend in campus. Although they weren’t any normal best friends who were sweet to each other–with Seohyun being the passive one–they seemed to have a deeper and firmer friendship than the usual.

 

“I didn’t mean to, but…I’ve heard how you encouraged Hakyung noona a while ago.” Luhan nervously admitted. He couldn’t remain silent after what happened and Seohyun being asleep at the moment would be a huge help for him to express it. “You see...I’ve always been in love with you.” He had slowly confessed.

 

“If you could still remember, we first met each other in here too. Well, not exactly here but inside this library. I was carrying two boxes of new arrivals and tripped. You were to help me and even sent me to the clinic. It may seem pretty insane but everything started there.” He shyly conveyed his feelings, recalling the memory he had been treasuring for the past two years.

 

“I’ve always tried to show it non-verbally but you seemed to ignore all of my efforts. I had almost given up on you the reason why I have loved you in the firs place keep coming back. Unconsciously, I would love you even more.” Now getting an ample amount of courage in him, he shamelessly admitted.

 

“It would always hit my head; whether I’m too in loved or I am simply in loved with a machine. But after what I saw, just a while ago, I realized that I wasn’t keeping my feelings just for anyone. Instead, I had loved someone who tries her best to express her emotions back, even if it was hurting her along.” He then affectionately gazed on the sleeping beauty. “I don’t know what’s in your past; what or who hurt you back then. While I was listening to you, I felt that you cared for Hakyung. But I’ve also felt how you could relate on what she was currently facing.”

 

“And that struck my heart really deep. Seohyun-ssi, I didn’t have any idea on how long would it take to reach your heart but I would be more than willing to do so until you’ve finally decided to open it up.” He sincerely announced.

 

Luhan sighed, not for complaining, but with a sense of relief. After two years of holding it back, he felt less burdened upon the impromptu confession he had made. He had been actually rehearsing the lines he would say if ever he got the courage to verbally express his love for her. But then again, it felt much better when everything came naturally. After all, the most sincere words shouldn’t take any practice.

 

Suddenly feeling embarrassed about it, his cheeks flushed in crimson red. He had sheepishly gathered his stuffs and just simply packed them all inside his bag. With one last look on Seohyun, he smiled. He was really thankful that he didn’t give up.

 

Quietly arranging his chair, Luhan then bowed and made his way out. The smile on his face never left just like how his love for her never faded.

 

But unknown to him, Seohyun’s heart was already trying its best to acknowledge the good things around it. And his words were like primer which had just painted a new color on her rusted heart. Seohyun slowly opened her eyes, just like how her heart would take its time to finally open up.

 

Touched and thankful, she sincerely smiled at the direction where Luhan had gone out. And she thought that maybe, just maybe, Yixing wasn’t the only man she could allow to reach her heart.                    

 

*

 

A/N: So yeah, after 987654321 years, I've updated. As everyone could notice, this SeoHan oneshot was some kind of a sequel to the SeoLay one. Also, the first three fics ended sadly but the next three fics would be ending in a happier way. The same thing would happen for EXO-K :)

Lastly, I just wanna tell you guys that the Hoya-Seohyun pics in twitter drove me crazy. I used to be an Infinite-Generation shipper. And in those times, their interactions were very few. I mean, there's nothing at all! (except for the exchanging of nice words about the other one) And now that I've stopped, they all went coming on me T.T Shame on the author who didn't hold onto them just like how Luhan did to Seohyun. 

Enjoy XP