To Control The Prey

Fallen Angels : The Untold Tale From Heaven [Oneshot Collection]

 

NP: Animal - SNSD

 

 

Thanks To: iloveseohyun, deannahaha, blurring, LuhannieLove101, seohyun10, 24Rere, Seobb_acebb, SeoMate9_9SoShi, Hyunie_Maknae, white_blue

Word Count: 2, 438 words

Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Alternate Universe, Romance  

Prompt: Fallen Angel, a curse unbroken

 

*

 

After getting through the thin layers of morning fog, Kris finally arrives somewhere he isn’t sure of. He doesn’t really know if he has already gotten there or simply not yet. The place seems familiar, with all of the bridges–just mere black-tinted glasses, connected in each others. But in the back of his mind, something in there’s missing. Or maybe someone. Something, someone – he doesn’t even know what and who she is. So in the end he still can’t pinpoint it out.

 

Then he frowns. There’s a lady in black mini-dress with a black birdcage veil in her head. He doesn’t really remember seeing her at that spot, since he believes he has been there for some few minutes. Though he can’t fully understand everything, he just instinctively knows that he has been there.

 

She is staring directly on him, most probably on his eyes, her lips forming a devious sneer. He just wants to ask for a help, even though he isn’t sure if she knows something about that place, since her expression remains cool in such a situation, like theirs. He presumes that she won’t be confident enough if she doesn’t also know the place they are currently at.

 

The perfect oval shape of her face is the first feature of hers he notices for he hasn’t seen anyone with such ideal face outline. She’s a pretty girl, too pretty to be suspected indeed. But on second thought, he thinks back that looks are very deceiving elements; especially to girls like her.  Her doe-like eyes look innocent enough, a contradiction to her lurid aura. Kris isn’t really confident because there are floating black spiral beams around her, tinged with dark purple and dark blue, making another negative impression on her.

 

He’s about to ask her when she gracefully turns her back on him, walking further. Kris doesn’t really have a time to think, to hesitate whether the girl shall earn his trust or not.  And as he follows her, he suddenly arrives into a different dimension. There are a lot of bricked walls, tiled divisions and marbled blocks.

 

Fast appearances from her cause him to get more confused than what he already is at the moment. Light chuckles, audible whispers and feathery clicking of her heels can be heard all over; echoing in order to mess him up.

 

And so his head goes throbbing, piercing his ear drums and clouding up in his mind.

 

He loses the girl.

 

Regaining a portion of his strength from the maze, he then decides to continue all by himself. But as minutes pass by, he can only realize the fact that he’s just coming back to where he is. And he, also, only apprehends his condition; he’s absolutely stuck in a game.

 

That’s when another slender figure appears in front of him. She, with an orange long gown and shoulder length veil, is leaning on a wall. He concludes that she’s totally different from the first female he has seen.

 

Feeling how the boy locks his gaze on her, she tilts her head and also takes a glimpse of him. As if she confirms that she’s with the correct guy she has to be with, a smirk plants in her face.

 

In comparison to the other girl, her aura is more approachable. Too approachable as he can say. But the y smirk on her face conveys the same impression from the first girl.

 

Yes, her long dress emphasizes the heat she can give to him. Her caramel-colored skin seems luscious. The curves of her body prove that she’s not just any girl; that she’s already a woman. She’s definitely alluring. But she gives off a sense of deceit, like she’s just going to abandon him. Just like the first girl.

 

But what truly distracts him is the scent filling in his nose, down to even in his lungs – as if he’s going to breathe in the same aroma. The scent appeals to him in different ways; some smell like lavender, some are like tropical essence while some pull the mist of fresh aloes. He can smell the ambrosial of raspberry crème and sultry musk. He can get a tinge of pomegranate, blackberry and lilac. There’s also a lingering scent of cherry blossoms, as if he’s on a fine day in the parks of Japan.

 

Everything originally trails a distinct scent but since all of it fills his respiratory system at the same time, he can no longer distinguish which is which. As a result, his head spins in a hazy manner, bewildering him more than ever. The scent filling him isn’t any much of a help too.

 

But Kris still trails behind her. Just as when he thinks that he loses the lady for the second time around, vague illusions of her figure. She finally leads him out of the maze, but suddenly transfers him in a poorly lit room. If the maze has walls as boundaries, the place is now full of silky cloths. It seems like the room is being surrounded by white luminous curtains.

 

A silhouette manifests on a random curtain, hinting him where she can be. Being the swift one, Kris can feel already that she’s skipping in the narrow aisle. The light breeze of air passes by him, unconsciously lifting the small strands of his hair. Goosebumps. He can how the chilly air gives shivers down to his spine, causing him to tremble a bit.

 

The way his skin receives the weird sensations from the place, pushes him to an actualization on what kind of eerie scenario he is currently at. And that’s when curtains start to sway with the aerial atmosphere, grazing on his exposed skin. 

 

He doesn’t really know but he feels like his skin sense every little touch stronger than which he believes shall not be that strong. Such mere sensation of being brushed by a sheer fabric makes it feel like a sand paper scratching on his skin.

 

But to his advantage, he can also feel where the girl is. Against the threadlike curtain swaying in his sides as he runs away, he can feel another persona running along. He can feel how soft the skin is, basically because the white transparent cloth is just really thin.

 

He then decides to halt and abruptly lifts the fabric to catch whoever she is. But to his surprise, it’s a dead end. And the girl he is expecting is much different from the second. He can say that this woman, grinning at him like she was poking fun at him, is the tallest of them tree.

 

She has a slender body which girls can die for. She has long skinny legs, not too skinny though, just perfect. She’s wearing a gray halter neck dress matching with thick silver necklace. She then raises an eyebrow at him, as if to say that she and the other two ladies a while ago is just making a huge mess with him. And there he is, falling for their trap. And to think of those past few hours, he has let them do the control indeed.

 

He is about to spat his pained ego but the woman open a door; which Kris isn’t able to see a while ago. Brightness harshly scatters inside the darkly-lit room, hurting his eyes in an instant. He concludes that the lady brings him into another place. And he affirms that when his eyes seem to now adjust with the new venue.

 

A forest.

 

Come to think of it, he’s definitely fitting to be there. After all, animals are located in a forest. And he, one poor lost animal, is one of those who are on a trap. Dangerous. He then shakes his head at his own misfortune.

 

Shall he cry? No. He’s a man and no man shall cry. Shall he take the fight? Of course. He’s a man and a man shall be able to take a fight; that fight in particular. Yes, he might be an anima/ but even animals have their own prey. And as a man, he’s going to win that fight, about the domination.     

 

He then bravely goes inside a part of the forest wherein mirrors are stalled. Ten, twenty, thirty – there are a lot of them. Pretty weird it can be for a forest to have such things but he, himself, is already one weird man. And he must dwell in his rightful place.

 

And that’s when he can reflect one woman inside of all mirrors. But to his bad luck, he can only see the bare, flawless, milky-white skin of the woman’s back. Her purple dress is seemingly hanging on her neck, just covering her front appearance. The silky piece is tightly embraced with the lower rare half of her body, flowing down to the earthy grounds. Plus, her slim, unblemished neck is appealing too strongly for her curly hair is tied in a high and neat bun.

 

He wants to claim her, the moment he laid his piercing eyes on her. But the fact that he can literally see her in every mirror, discourages him on how will he be able to do so. It’s shrilling than the first woman’s voice. It’s more tempting than the second woman. And it’s definitely more challenging than the third woman.

 

Then, his hearth skips a beat when the lady on the mirror slowly, too delicately, moves. She is obviously aware of his presence and technically conscious of his agonized gaze. She seduced him as she keeps her identity unknown, knowing the fact how men is more attracted to mysterious girls.

 

And Kris is absolutely thrilled. The way he longs for her to show up, the way he waits for her to finally reveal her face, the way he imagines the things she can do for him; he’s a hundred percent sure that she’s his prey.

 

And along her cautious moves, Kris moves. Still eyes on her, his feet are walking on the same direction she’s heading to. He uses his ears to hear her calm breathing; obviously not that excited as him. He smells the lingering scent of sweet pea; the most luscious one. He also manages to feel her presence. But all of those sensory describers aren’t really able to help him. And so he still cannot get her.

 

But an actualization strikes his mind, causing him to remember all of the scenes a while ago. He’s able to see the three ladies a while ago at the end of each destination. And his mistake is just that he isn’t able to grab them for he’s distracted by the present; never minding what’s better for the future.

 

And that’s when he starts to break away from the game with the woman in the mirror, trying to get her by the end of the maze-like scenery instead. And at the corner of his eye, he can tell that even the girl is shocked at his gesture.

 

He seems to lengthen the distance from the girl in the mirror but he knows inside, the fact that he’s just going nearer. Mirror gives a virtual image anyways. And the real one is in his mind, exactly just as what and how he views it.

 

Kris leans on the last mirror, panting out slightly. Then, the mirror in front of him shows him that there’s a pretty hand which is about to caress his cheeks. But the sneaky boy won’t let the opportunity simply pass by. Instead he grabs it. Literally, he grabs the hand, pulling out the owner and pinning the fragile figure in the mirror.

 

A soft gasp escapes from , along with her pair of big eyes widen at the sudden turning of events. “H-how…”

 

Kris loves how her whisper loudly rings inside his ears, tapping at his eardrums too loudly. And so he stares right in her eyes, assuring that she’s the real one. And he can tell that since her eyes are full of mixed emotions opposite to the empty eyes of the past three ladies.

 

“The first, second and third woman…are just one. And you’re them, as a whole. From the way you played with my sense of hearing, smelling, and feeling; and now with sight, I’ve realized it was just you.” He states as a matter of fact, leaning to her peaceful face.              

 

Even if his fingers play with the loose curls of hers, the way his thumb outlines the side of her face, the way he stares at her; she isn’t bothered as how he expects her to be. And it turned it him on even more.

 

“The very first time I came to this forest, you did think that I will make a great toy. You then begin to play with my own senses, as if I’m lost. As if I’m not in the forest anymore when in fact I’m just getting back on my original spot. You controlled me.”

 

“What can I do if men like you were that foolish–”     

 

He cuts her off, reminding her that he’s already the dominating one among the two of them. “But I’m different. I was able to go up to this level. I was able to get you. I was able to put you into my control.” He emphasizes as he tightly grips on her wrists, not having a thought of letting her go. “You are the legendary fallen angel, lurking on the forest, playing with the innocent men who would be falling into your traps. But, as what the history said, you should reward if someone would be able to win your own game.” He stares at her.  

 

But instead, she simply gives him back an intimidating stare. “So what shall I give you then?”

 

“As what I’ve known, that particular mischievous fallen angel was just lost, trying to find a man who would be able to control her.”

 

“Probably…it was boring to be with someone you can easily control anyway.” She frankly admits, yawning as if everything she has been doing is just something for her entertainment. “So quit with all of these, and just tell me what you want so I can already go back. This is getting pretty boring…”

 

Kris widens his smirk as he moves his face downwards, in level with hers. “Who says you’re going back? I’m not the type of foolish animal who will just release his prey.”

 

The girl then raises an eyebrow over his riddle-like statements.

 

“I did not finish all of these just for a reward. Yes, Seohyun, once you’ve fallen in my trap, you’ll be forever stuck inside.”     

 

*

 

A/N: Do you guy listen to the songs indicated above while reading? I've made sure that my oneshots were, at least, in sync with it. So...the  atmosphere while reading would be better while listening to it :) And that would also explain why they were so short XD And I'll be adding the 13th chapter for my explanations/reviews. (Yes, this oneshot is kind of derived from the VCR in SNSD'S Concert) Enjoy <3