To Find Love

Fallen Angels : The Untold Tale From Heaven [Oneshot Collection]

 

NP: We Found Love - Rihanna

 

Thanks to: Jo unnie, KPOPfan619, Seomate_seobaby, Deasy unnie, asianeattherice, maknaeseohyunishot, mikaseo, anazirahs6729, Irene, paopeo9, Cathsnsd09, Eycha_sk11, KJpoper, seomates94, bratsplash18, Icha chingu, LovelySmile, kawaii_neko, Aida, Seo_Kyu_, SeoFanyYuriEXO, seoshi, LittleAngelChinta---EXOtic_396, rayishmine, seophi, totalseobaby27, iamyoo-nique, fairysone0913, sone_for3v3r

Word Count: 1, 327 words

Genre: Fantasy, Alternate Universe, Angst, Romance

Prompt: Fallen Angel, a curse unbroken...
                

 

*

 

Hopeless; such gloomy and depressing word couldn't even epitomize how the place seemed like. That word was indeed an oversimplified description about the cursed region; the constrained barrier in which no one should've ever dare to cross. 

 

But two insanely courageous figures strolled down on that foggy pathway, side by side, under the luminous yellow moon. Their shadows were casted down at each other which showed how dangerously close they were.

 

And those petty actions could actually cause consequential issues universally, undoubtedly too risky for them to the extent of a probability that their lives might be taken away.

 

But amidst the intensified atmosphere, both Seohyun and Tao couldn't deny the mutual feelings they have for each other. They've found something that would fill in the emptiness in them; even in a Gehenna-like place where hope never did exist. And at the same time, both have already, silently admitted the fact that they've got to let go of it in the near future.

 

"This was where I found you..." Tao broke the comfortable silence in between them as he stopped at a particular old tree. He briefly reminisced how he met the woman, beside him, for the first time.

 

"You still remember..." Seohyun mumbled softly as her heart felt flattered. Even if all of the withered trees looked exactly the same (horribly spooky, thick-rooted, branchy but without leaves), the gentleman was able to distinguish the specific one where they met. 

 

She was also staring at the tree but was just thinking about her unexpected and messy encounter with him. A sudden shiver penetrated down to her spine, also remembering how she had always felt icy-cold some few decades ago. And now, she could feel less than colder; at least. 

 

The two bothered characters unconsciously tried to steal a glimpse of each other's image, flushing in bright tint of red as their eyes met directly, just like how normal couples would feel that tingly sensation. 

 

But no matter no how they've tried to fit in the society of normal beings, they knew better than anyone else how it wouldn't really work. It would, and still would be, hopeless. 

 

// 

 

Only the rustling of brown and crumpled leaves could be heard as Seohyun suppressed the sound of her breathing. She carefully leaned back on the rough and huge roots of a dying tree, as if she's planning to stick herself on it. She then decided to finally hide inside of the enormous and towering tree, seizing the opportunity to get away from the furious knights.  

 

She, obviously, was trying to escape an arm of forces. Being the infamous angel whom the higher officials had been seeking, a lot of various groups have decided to look after her and gain the exchanged value. Thus, making the past decades of her troubled life more miserable; hiding on different areas and running away from the greedy and foolish catchers.

 

She then bit her dry and pale lips hardly, releasing all of her frustration on it as some of her hair strands slowly flew away with the strong breeze of air. Worse, three men riding in white horses came in nearer, with their gigantic dogs behind them. She instantly, but still cautiously, tucked the silky fibres of her hair

 

"Such pure horses never suited these sneaky jerks..." Seohyun thought to herself as she watched the white and elegant-looking horses. In Heaven, that manly and purebred brood of stallion would only be for the royalties. But it seemed like those men, who were after her, ruined the image of the innocent herd of cattle.

 

Her nails dug deeper on the roots, saving her from the feisty and large dog-like creatures which sniffed on the tree she was hiding at. She became more attentive, getting ready to defend herself from the attacking forces.

 

 It was nearing; the wet noses of the dogs were coming nearer and critically nearer. She was about to gasp when one of the noses touched her knee. But a cold hand covered tightly; successfully preventing any sound coming out of it. She was shocked but nevertheless, was thankful at the same time.

 

The stupid clan of men went away, thinking that nobody's in there when in fact they could've it two birds in one stone.

 

Seohyun slowly felt the hand releasing as she immediately got out of the thick roots, still doubtful if she could trust whoever it was. She was walking backwards as she waited for the figure to appear until she hit another tree. It was then her pair of clear eyes saw how a man eventually came out of the tree; in which he concealed himself on. A beautiful man with sharp eyes who was able to conceive her by being a part of the tree itself; a perfect camouflage.      

 

//

 

"They're here! The fallen angel and her demon!"

 

The flooding past occurrences inside the two's mind instantly broke when a loud and roaring voice from afar yelled, declaring his achievement for seeing them two in the pathway. Without any bit of hesitation, Tao firmly held Seohyun hand, pulling her with him. Seohyun who finally got her complete senses, kept her pace with his, to run away from the catchers.

 

It was terrible; the mere fact of running into the deepest and darkest part of the forest, filled with poisonous thorns and dangerous creatures would be enough to call their lives miserable. What more with the fact that almost everyone was looking after them; dead or alive.  

 

"Tired...?" Tao asked as the two of them just kept running away, away from the selfish men.

 

Seohyun flashed a small and weary smile in agreement, though she had nothing else to do and was left with only one choice.  

 

He, also, was feeling helpless and tired. If wasn't for Seohyun who kept her strength with him; he could've stopped and surrendered already. If wasn't for the fact that he needed to stay and be with her.

 

"Tao..." Seohyun called him, causing him to avert his eyes on her. Her sullen eyes seemed heavier than the usual gloomy feeling on it. It almost looked like giving up but she still managed to console him. Amidst all of the troubles they encountered together, she never failed to flash him a reassuring smile that could instantly brighten up his miserable day. 

 

He then just realized how pale and ill she looked at the moment, emphasizing all of the things she'd gone through. He wondered if the things he had just reflected in her eyes were just as same to what's really inside her.

 

"We...were able to feel how to be loved under these sick circumstances. But we...knew it wouldn't last long."

 

Tao froze as the lady intentionally slipped her hand off his, letting herself to be left in there. He wanted to go back and get her again, to run away faster. But his body was under her control and betrayed him by speeding up more, without her. He knew instantly that she casted a spell on him while their fingers were intertwined.

 

Seohyun knew too well that he wouldn't let go of her so she casted a spell on him, which he couldn't get away from. Even if he forced himself to look back, he couldn't. Instead, he could only imagine the lady telling her apologies and showing her gratitude. He just knew inside, that she already separated ways, trying to hide herself again from everyone else. Even from him.

 

Tears dropped from the corners of his eyes, showing how he was truly hurting inside. They found love in a hopeless place, indeed. But love and life were always two different things. And they've got to let it go; a sacrifice for each other.

 

Though there would be no assurance for the two of them, they were able to feel what it was like to be loved. And in their cases, it was the only thing that mattered.

 

*    

 

A/N: Hi guys! I would like to explain first why on Earth this was only a oneshot when I've already promise to give a full-length fic. I've just realized that it was really difficult to end Seohyun up with all of the EXO members; I mean, one girl ending up together with twelve boys? That would be too cliche and too unrealistic. So please forgive me T.T  

Now for the oneshot. Seohyun was an angel as to Tao is a demon. Seo was cursed and became a femme fatale; women who would seduce in order to survive in life. I wrote a lot of lines having deeper meanings in between them so I would like to know some of your feedbacks about it :) I hope you guys would also listen to the song I've linked in since I arranged the oneshot to be in sync with it.