To Take Your Heart

Fallen Angels : The Untold Tale From Heaven [Oneshot Collection]

NP: Baby Don't Cry - EXO

 

 

Thanks To: seokris-han, koreanchick

Word Count: 648 Words

Genre: Alternate Universe, Fairy tale, Romantic Fantasy, Tragedy

Prompt: Fallen Angel, a curse unbbroken...

 

*

 

With every second that passed by, his heart thumped more loudly and more quickly. It was as if the only sound his ears could detect was the beat of his heart.

 

Though the hoods of his eyes were tightly closed, he couldn't bring himself into a deep sleep. Well, not really because he wanted to sleep but because he needed to do so. He knew that he wouldn't be able to bear the pain later, so being unconscious would lessen it.       

 

Not like he didn't want to suffer from it, after all, he did deserve such pain. He would willingly take the burden he had caused her, especially now that he had just discovered the truth.      

 

What kind of man, with a benevolent heart and decent mind, would forget the girl who had saved his life from falling; especially when she sacrificed not only her wings but also her good life in heavens?    

 

He then stood up, silently folding the thick sheets on his bed and making his way to the corner of the room. Through darkness that enveloped his room, no one would clearly see what would happen inside. And by that, it would be easier for the two of them. He had also assured that she wouldn't turn into feathers.

 

He just stood still, sincerely praying that the highest Kingdom from up above the vast sky would accept her again, and most especially would give her wings back. He's waiting for her arrival, both anxious and eased.  

 

//

 

With involuntary and faint steps she took, she drew nearer to the door that would determine her, and his, life. In a swift yet cautious movement, she opened the door and stepped into the pitch-black room. She couldn't exactly see the figure lay on top of the mattress but she could feel that he's there, inside.

 

The time she took to walk towards the bed felt like decades as well as the time she took to get her dagger from her pocket felt like eternity. Soon, tears started to roll on her cheeks, probably after a very long time of keeping it in. But she then feverishly wiped them, as if she didn't want to show that her decision was wavering.

 

She had already cleared her mind out, with a solid conclusion, in regards to her final decision. She knew he had only caused her troubles and bad luck; but she also knew the fact that she had let herself be fooled by him. She loved him more than anyone else in Heaven, more than her Father, more than herself - but he was simply deceived by what his eyes could see and ignored what his heart could feel. 

 

She then just carelessly raised the mini-sword in the air, gathering her courage to stab him directly at his heart, as fast as she could. 

 

But more seconds passed and her trembling hands were still left in the air; as if an authoritative force was hindering her. It was then she realized that it was her remaining love for him that prevented her. She must be really crazier than a fool to permit the remaining 0.000001 % of love she had for him. Afraid of what she could do further, she abruptly turned her heels and would try to escape from that suffocating room.

 

But his figure, right in front of her, shocked her the most. A pair of clear eyes stared directly back at her, matched with deep, adorable dimples. Her moistened eyes blinked, trying to absorb what he was doing there, in front of her.  

 

Meanwhile, the way her eyes seemed dimmer and denser, made Lay's heart to throb more painfully. It kept squeezing hard, as if it emphasized the difficulties she had faced just for him. He just couldn't bare it any longer so he softly grabbed her hands that hid the dagger and courageously pointed it near his chest - too dangerously near that he could feel the sharpness of it.  

 

 

 

"Y-Yixing..."

 

 

 

"If taking my heart out would be the only thing to keep you alive, then, please do take it..."