02

Imagine.

 

He studied me for a bit,contemplating on what he should do. Sudden voices were heard and the sound of the crunching leaves were coming closer. My grip on his shirt suddenly tightened,knowing what was going to happen next. Suddenly we were no longer on the ground;my stomach was tightening as I looked down. We weren’t on the forest ground anymore,we were..flying?I looked up at this stranger,eyes widening at what was sticking out of his back. Wings? What is he? They were a beautiful shade of white,big and magically flapping in the air. What is going on? My mouth moved a bit,wanting to ask him how this is happening,but before I could do so;everything went pitch black.

▼▼▼▼▼▼

My eyes fluttered open,my head still throbbing in pain. I attempted to lift my head up,but it just went right back down within a second. I sighed and shifted my head left to right,trying to figure out where I was. The room was simple,lightly decorated and was very warm. My eyebrows knitted together,trying to recall images from what happened before I passed out. Ah,I was flying? How? With who? Oh! It was with tha-

How are you feeling?” A voice interrupted me. My head quickly snapped towards the direction of the voice,seeing an incredibly handsome young boy,but of course;he had no wings. He sat down next to my bed and observed me for a while.

Who..who are you?” I softly asked.

He rubbed his neck and chuckled,”I don’t think that’s the first thing you should be asking someone who saved your life.”

I pouted and stared at him,”Just joking,you’ll know who I am soon;but what’s your name?” He smiled,his eyes turned into little crescent moons,as if they were sparkling for real.

I’m..Jinhee..” I said,giving him a small smile.

He nodded,”Jinhee…Nice.” He said before standing up to grab a bowl of porridge sitting on the table. He set it down on the counter next to me,proceeding to help me sit up and propping the pillow against the headboard so I can lean on it.

Here,have some.” He fed me a spoonful of porridge,”So how are you feeling?” He asked once again.

Not so good,” I sighed,”My head still hurts.”

It’ll feel better soon,I changed your wrap and applied some warm water to it. So should be getting better.” He smiled,causing my cheeks to warm up again.

So..you never told me your name.” I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

Oh right,I’m Yixing,but you can call me Lay” He smiled,placing the bowl into the sink.

Lay..Lay.A small smile tugged at my lips as I recited his name.

So you wanna tell me exactly why you were running away from the hospital?” He arched his eyebrows,taking a seat next to my bed once again.

The next hour or so was taken up with me telling him about my life,from the second I was dropped off at the orphanage,and ‘till now. He listened very intently,wiping my tears now and then whenever he could. I didn’t feel uncomfortable sharing these stories with him;his presence made me feel,safe. I didn’t mind opening up to this stranger I just met today. It sounds weird,but he radiated of this warm feel that me feel protected with his presence.

▼▼▼▼▼▼

After a long hour passed of her talking to me,she slowly started falling asleep. I smiled and tucked her in. She was still very beautiful even though she looked very weak and feeble,even with that head wrap on her. She was a strong girl,with a strong heart. I don’t know what kicked in on me to be saving her. I very well knew the consequences for me and her if she were to ever find out the truth about me. I’m glad she didn’t ask me anything else tonight,I’m glad I was able to listen and comfort her.

As if on cue,a loud booming voice spoke behind me,”What on earth are you doing Yixing?”

I turned to meet eyes with a very angry Kris,”What are you doing interacting with a HUMAN and not attending your duties?” He glared at sleeping Jinhee.

I..I saved her.” I mumbled.

SAVE?Since when do gods like us ever SAVE humans?” Kris scoffed.

She was..very sick and I didn’t want her to die.” I softly answered.

And who are you to control a human’s fate?You had one job Yixing,I’ve asked you to simply deliver things for me,and THIS is what you get sidetracked by?” Kris raised his voice,”Do you KNOW what the consequences will be if she finds out about you?”

I lowered my head,”Did she,see anything?” He asked.

I bit my lip,”She was,semi conscious when I flew with her back here” I told the truth,”She doesn’t seem to remember though.”

Kris's eyes widened,filled with anger,”You WHAT?You FLEW with a human being in your presence?She saw your wings?”

I shifted nervously,”I-I don’t know,she hasn’t asked me anything yet.”

Yes and when she does ask you,why not just tell her you’re an angel Lay” He hissed,”Do you even know what you have gotten yourself into?”

I buried my face into my hands,”Yes,I do know,but I don’t want to leave her like this,” I looked up at him,”I..I can’t.”

Kris raised a brow,”Are you trying to say that you have such existing FEELINGS for this little human?”

I-I don’t know..I just want to take care of her right now.” I murmured,”Please,don’t say anything Kris?” I pleaded.

He looked at me,”If this is what you want,” He sighed,”Then I have no power over you,but just know that the consequences will be what you have to take on your own,but if things do happen as I hope they won’t,then you’ll be the one hurting child.” He gave me a stern look before disappearing into thin air.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair,looking over to check up on Jinhee. Good,she was still sound asleep. I don’t know what I’m going to do yet,but for now I’m just going to slowly heal her,and hope that we both can overcome the future together. I'll protect you no matter what,Jinhee.