01

Imagine.

 

Sick?Emotionally and physically disabled?Lonely?Those were the perfect words to describe me. I was hopelessly trapped in this tiny body,glued to the hospital bed every night and day,tubes sticking into me everywhere. No one bothered coming to visit me anymore. This orphan was becoming less important as the days go by. This orphan with brain cancer and had less than two months left to live. This orphan that was,alone. I don’t know how I managed to pull myself this far,I’m honestly suppose to be gone from this world ages ago,decades ago. But I pulled myself through,why? I believed. I believed that one day someone magical will entire my life;someone who can show me this world that I never got to see or experience. I longed for affection and care;I longed for happiness. I looked out the window and watched the trees sway in a nice synced rhythm. I wonder what it feels like to mindlessly run through the field. My thoughts were interrupted when the nurse came into my room.

How are you feeling?” She asked,starting the process of changing my head wrap. They still ask me that,even though we all know how I’m “feeling”. They never expected an answer,nor did I ever bother to answer. There were countless times where I just wanted to scream,horrible, disgusted,painful. But I never had the will power to. It was useless;they would just stick more tubes into me and wish for the best. It was getting tiring,repetitive,and I could care less about it anymore.

Rest okay?Good night.” She whispered,closing the door.

I sighed and looked around the room. It was very boring in here,nothing new,nothing interesting;it was just me and my thoughts. I looked out the window once more,longing for the feel of the air against my skin. I was weak,but I could manage;I slowly made my way to the window,slowly opening it because my arms were too weak. Once the window was fully open,I stuck my head out and took in a whiff of fresh air. I gave a small smile and closed my eyes,enjoying the feeling of the world outside. I stared outside and pondered,thinking if what I wanted to do next was the right thing. Was it? I asked myself. Will I regret this? Of course not,I’m going to die soon anyway,I scoffed.

Making my decision,I peeked down below the window and saw that the ground was just about 5 feet away. Not bad,I thought,slowly sticking my leg out the window. My body ached,it started aching everywhere,not being used to the sudden movement I was putting on it. But I bared with it,I used my arms to support me as I slowly stuck out the other foot. I could feel the ground nowhere in reach of my feet,which means I just had to to jump. Or fall,in my case since my body probably can’t take such strong impact. I took a few big breathes,squeezed my eyes shut,and removed my hands from the window sill.

Everything happened in a millisecond,it ended with a big thud,and me laying on the ground. My eyes slowly opened,looking at the surroundings around me. A big smile spread across my face,I’m free! I pulled myself up and slowly limped away from the hospital building.

What are you doing!?” Sudden voices screamed from behind me. I ly to see the nurses and doctor,screaming at me from the window. I stared at them for a bit,before turning on my heels and taking off,running down the hill.

Go get her back here!” The screams were getting distant,as I continued running through the forest now. My body was in pain,my head was getting lighter and lighter;I don’t know how long I’ll be able to manage. I no longer heard voices behind me,but I knew they were coming. They would find me and lock me up in that prison again once they find me. I can’t let that happen,not now.

I panted,my legs growing weak and my heart slowing down. A few coughs slipped out of my mouth as my body’s energy was slowly running out of fuel. I didn’t mind if this was my last breath,at least it was worth it. Worth being out in the world,using my body for the first time. I was no longer running my fastest,I was hopping along,trying to keep my speed and not fall over. But my drowsiness was no longer controllable. I was taking my last few steps,eyes barely open,when I felt myself loose it completely.

I was expecting to fall onto a harsh ground,until a pair of arms surprised me,catching me swiftly from my fall. My eyes managed to crack open a bit,wondering who saved me. It wasn’t the doctor,or the nurses,but someone whom I’ve never seen before. He was glowing under the night sky.

Are you okay?” He asked,observing my every move.

I shook my head and managed to open my mouth,”Please…Don’t..l-let them catch me,” I pleaded,staring into his mysterious eyes.