What to prepare and expect in auditions

Audition guide to SM! Little for YG, JYP+

What to prepare for your audition!!

 

-WHAT SHOULD I WEAR? 

First off SM wants a natural fresh faced girl or guy (if you wear makeup...)..

Don't wear too much makeup, concealer is fine.. Just don't cake your face with too much foundation and eyeliner.. They want to see how you look like...

Also don't dress fancy, ty or terribly.. Like pull your shirt up (if you are showing too much cleavage) and don't be too exposed. By fancy, I mean are you seriously going to wear a formal wear to an audition? Do you want to audition in a skirt? What if you have to dance?

Just wear casual and comfortable clothes, not too comfortable (like pajamas...).

You can wear jeans and a regular shirt if you are not planning on dancing. I don't remember well, but I think Krystal wore jeans.. Though I don't reccomend it too much if your jeans are too tight on you. You can also wear sweat pants and a regular shirt. Key wore sweat pants and so did Stephanie from the Grace. 

Girls, heels aren't necessary, just wears sneakers or converses (or anything you're comfortable in to dance with if you are going to dance). You shouldn't wear heels, because who knows if you have to dance..

Guys don't dress too ghetto, like a hat thats tilted and barely even on your head and jeans that isn't fully on your legs (pull your pants up)..

Dress apporiate and casual. 


 

-WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I'M SINGING OR DANCING OR ACTING OR MODELING?

For singers, please don't drink or eat anything that will affect your throat.. Remember to sing the chorus of your song if its global auditions. You want to show the of the song. When choosing a song, pick one that is best suited for you. Also if you want to bring an instrument, you shouldn't. You're not allowed to use it anyways. When auditioning you don't use a microphone either. Unless its a SM Eversing contest or some other kind of audition. You also have to take a rhythm test. It's basically same thing as the free styling part of the auditions, except you can clap along to the beat of any song. If you want to free style dance rather than clapping, then go ahead.. Rapping is allowed by the way.

For dancers, please be able to freestyle and if you have a chereography to do, don't forget your CD. You need to bring a CD along if your going to do a dance that is already chereographed. Let me tell you, only some certain auditions allow you to bring your CD, like weeklys. Some auditions won't let you bring your CDs. I'm really lazy to research and tell you which auditions allow CDs, so just practice freestyling more. Remember to match beats. They want to see if you know rhythm and such.. Sometimes they ask you to sing, so please be prepared. A judge once told a dancer "Why are you dancing? You want to be a singer, so sing!" 

For models, remember to do your best poses. Be confident. Just because you're modelling doesn't mean you have to show off your whole body. So don't be too exposed. Wear approriate clothes. 

For actors and actresses, your basically just going to act with your own script or any scenes from your favorite dramas, movies or whatever. Use correct emotions and don't forget your lines.


 

-EXTRA

They have free style dancing at the end of auditions. You don't have to dance, but it is recommended. In global auditions, they usually have no time left for freestyle. When you do have time at the end for freestyle. Just be ready.

When your auditioning there will be a judge and a cameraman. The thing is, if you the cameraman won't record you. If you aren't worth watching, the judge will cut you off or won't even look you.. If they like you they will record you and ask you questions after your auditions. Like an interview. Be polite. 

So you want judges to pay attention to you?

Practice and do something thats worth listening or watching.

Also you should be passionate and confident. It will show that you have potential.

If you watch pass audition clips of famous SM artists, they were all confident and they all smiled. If you make a mistake, just politely smile. So smile and don't be nervous. The thing is when you are auditioning don't laugh like when you're singing or rapping or whatever. It can be rude in some ways and show how unprofessional you are. When you are doing introductions, you can do a polite nice smile.

Remember confidence will lead you on..

I got that line from a fortune cookie..

Also a SM judge told this girl who auditioned that you have to be confident and passionate.

Don't spam SM with emails, they won't hesitate to block you.

If you mess up during your auditions don't be like "oh I'm sorry blah blah" or laugh like loud and whatnot.