Basic overview

Audition guide to SM! Little for YG, JYP+

EMAIL AUDITION: You can audition by email and actually go to the place. They will either never reply back or even look at it, or they will encourage you to come and audition live.

 

- I would like to take an e-mail audition. What should I send to you?
 
To apply for an audition, you need to send us your photo as well as a video or a demonstration file. (Attach your video file (Dancing), music file (Singing) and face-shots (frontal) photos without any photoshop/retouching done.) You also need to provide us the following information.
 
1. Name/
2. Area of Application
3. Date of Birth
4. School
5. Place of Residence
6. Contact Information (1) Cellular Phone (2) E-mail
7. Experience
 
Please send your application to here!
 
Overseas - [email protected]
 
When you send the application, tiles of e-mail should be name/age/gender/category (ex. Jenny/18/Female/singer)
 
- I applied to e-mail audition. When do I hear the results?
 
E-mail audition results will be notified individually to only those who were qualified.
 
This can be found on SM's facebook page or website.
 

 

For people who don't think email is worth the time, well theres this girl who actually was asked to audition live..

Sometimes SM also leaves those automatic emails.. That means that they check yours, its just that they aren't interested. At least that is what I have heard. 

 

GLOBAL AUDITION: Anyways they always have global auditions every year. The thing is, it is more competitve. It is rumored that only 5 or 6 people out of a something thousand are chosen to go to Korea and train. In globals you only get about 30 seconds, or if you're good you get more time.

WEEKLY AUDITION: It's less competitive. The weekly auditions are held every Saturday in L.A. and Korea from 3 pm to 6pm. There are less people at LA weekly auditions, I'm sure Korea is packed with people (that is what I have heard). For LA weekly auditions, less people means you have more time for your audition and judges will pay attention more. Though the bad thing is, even if the judges there like you, it is not up to them to decide whether you made it in or not. I heard they send your audition tape to the headquarters in Korea and they decide.

People say for SM its 80% looks and 20% talent.. Nahh not always. If your decent looking but posess amazing talent, they will accept you. Come on think about it! Makeup, hairstyle, exercise and skincare products. It's true that SM goes for looks. They want pretty people, because its showbitz. Think about it, if a guy or girl is good looking they would attract people, because they have a face that can sell. Looks isn't everything though. You need to be good at something in order to make it big. So even if you're scouted because of your looks and they train you, if you don't improve they can kick you out anytime. 

People say SM only cares about money, well they are a company. What company doesn't care about money.. =_=

SM also does a lot of scouting, so that is why most of their trainees and idols are pretty.... 


 

In YG I heard that they don't care about looks, as long as your super talented like big bang and 2ne1, but then again Big bang and 2ne1 are pretty and handsome.... Talents come first, yes because you can always get a makeover. Though to me YG seems hard to get into since everyone is so talented. YG's president is a dancer so he likes dancers if you plan on doing that kpop star audition.


 

In JYP, he looks for people who are natural. Can you believe that CL, Hyorin, IU and Hara were rejected by JYP entertainment??! His *(#@&  judges... I'd say that JYP have some talented and pretty artists, but to be honest not all of them are good looking or outstanding in talent wise. Even JYP himself admitted that some of his artist don't sing that well. 

My cousin's friend auditioned for JYP (shes Korean btw), but failed it.. Shes really good at singing, but she looks... not the best.  In JYP I think you need to be at least a little bit talented and look decent or good, but most people say JYP looks for personality rather than talent and face. I've seen this one JYP trainee, and he's really hot.