Pretty? -- Lim Hyunri

I remember.

 

LIM HYUNRI

Oppa left me with Hara unnie, his manager. I feel awkward and insecure without Hyunsik-oppa, so I just stood still and holds on to my bag dearly. Luckily, she noticed my nervous aura and started talking to me. She asked me if I wanted anything to eat, and I shook my head no nervously. She laughed at my awkwardness. “No need to be so nervous! I won’t bite you, you see. Come with me, I’ll show you something.” She grabbed my wrist, and pulled me outside. We walked along the corridor and along another one when we took a turn, and we finally stopped outside a door. Hara unnie opened the door for me and I followed behind her when she was looking for a light switch. I couldn’t see anything. It was pitch dark, but somehow I noticed that this room had mirrors.

Unnie found the switch and turned it on, and my reflex was to close my eyes immediately, than adjusts myself to the bright light. I blinked a couple of times, and then looked around the room.

The first thing I noticed that this room is colorful. It is painted in bright colors, and there are makeup tables on one side, with mirrors that hangs on the wall atop of it. On the other side, there are long lineups of hanged clothes, and I lose count on how many racks are there. I looked around some more, mouth slightly open in awe. Hara unnie approached me. “This is the wardrobe. Your brother goes here every day to get his makeup done, and to pick show clothes.” She smiled. I looked at her and nod faintly.

So this is where my brother goes every morning. On the days when he didn’t come home, he used to video call me from a bright looking room. So this is the place. I look around once again, and Hara unnie motioned me to follow her. She walked across the room, to one of the clothes hangers. “This area is for girls clothing and accessories.” I nod, finding nothing else to do. She laughed at my awkwardness, and nudges my shoulder slightly. “Go ahead, pick any clothes you like!” “uh, okay…” I walked to the rack, and start scanning through them….. no dice. I never wore these kind of clothes. Hyunsik oppa used to take me shopping, but all those time I always picked up clothing that looked like his. In short, the only skirt I wore is for school. I turned to look at Hara unnie with a helpless look, slightly lifting my shoulder. “Unnie, I don’t know which I should pick…” she winches slightly. “You don’t like anything you see?” I shook my head, than explained to her why I never wore these kind of clothes, as far as I remember. She gasps when I finished my story, and widens her eyes. “You mean you never wore a mini dress?!” I nod. “Jumpsuit?!” I shook my head. “Sabrina model?!” again, I shook my head. She heaves out a sigh. “You, young lady, needed a tutorial on how to look pretty.”

She grabbed my arm and pushed me to a nearby changing room, and start giving me various dresses, shoes, accessories and so on for me to try. I tried putting on short dresses, mini skirt, long sleeves, short sleeves, different kind of dresses that I couldn’t recall the names, jumpsuits, and many other things. I also tried various flat shoes, platform shoes, high heels, wedges, stilettos, and boots. This is all so new to me that I couldn’t even decide what to wear, but at last Hara unnie settled with a sky blue long sleeved chiffon mini dress that had small silver butterflies draping on one side. And she also picked a suiting boot that doesn’t make me trip when I walk. I put them on with her help, and I looked at myself on the mirror.

I can’t even recognize myself.

The chiffon dress fits perfectly on me, and it covers my legs at almost knee length. The boots I wore covers up to below the knee, so there’s just a minimum part of skin that is visible. Unnie made me untie my hair, and my straight hair just drop on my shoulders messily. I got shy at the sight, so I turn away from the mirror immediately, and Hara unnie made me sit on of the chair in front of the mirrors. She asked me to close my eyes all the while, and I did, while wondering what she does to me.

All these while, my mind wanders to Hyunsik oppa. What would he be doing now? Does photo shoot session take long? Will he still be working when I reached him with Hara unnie?

I didn’t know how long I closed my eyes as my mind wanders, and before I knew it, Hara unnie turned my chair and grabbed my hand, taking me out of the room before I even took a glance on the mirrors. “We have to hurry, Hyunri! We’ll go by my car, okay? Come!” she said as we walk hurriedly down the stairs. My hair feel bouncy on my back, and I could see small curls on some parts of my tied hair.

Really, what did she do to me?

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Sorry for taking soooooo long to update! I hope you all enjoy this part :D