First meetings

I remember.

 

LIM HYUNSIK’S POV

A dialing tone.

“Hello?” a voice picks up.

“Hyunri-ah~” I call her.

“ne, oppa?” her sweet voice answers to my call. She’s my little sister, Lim Hyunri.

“oppa will be picking you up soon Hyunri. Wait for me, okay! Stay at school, don’t go anywhere.” I commanded quickly while running down the stairs.

“oppa can pick me up? You’re not busy today? What about your practice?” she asked confusedly.

“oppa is busy, but PD hyung gave me time to pick you up! But you’ll have to come with me through my schedule today, okay?”

“umm, okay! No problem!”

“I will hang up now, I’ll be there in ten minutes so you just wait still!” click. I hang up.

Being an idol sure is a tough job. Well, it is fun at some part of course, but having to leave my sister almost every day at home sometimes feels unbearable. I used to pick her up from school every day before going back to practice, but lately after our comeback, my schedule had been so tight that it is impossible for me to even go to our home. Lately I’ve been staying in the dorm much, due to our schedule. I felt guilty to her, so I asked PD hyung every day if I could pick my sister up. They finally grant me my wish, but I have to return to practice as soon as possible, which means my sister should tag along with me. I am so fine with that, because it means I could take care of my sister while I’m working. Hopefully, BTOB’s member will treat her nicely.

“yah Hyunsik-ssi! Where are you going?” Eunkwang hyung grabbed me by arms and stopped me. He was going upstairs, of course for practice.

“I’m picking up Hyunri! I’ll be back in half an hour!” I said hurriedly, not wanting to make Hyunri wait.

“oh, your little sister? You’re taking her here?” I nod quickly, and Eunkwang hyung let go of my arm. “while you’re out,don’t forget that we have a magazine cover shoot in two hours. Be back soon.” “okaaay.” I continued running down the stairs until I reached the basement, and get inside my car, a black SUV. I went out of the parking lot and drove smoothly to Hyunri’s school.

She was leaning to the gate when I arrived, reading her favorite novel while putting on her headset. Of course, she didn’t notice me coming, so I parked the car and slowly walked to her. Even when I’m just a couple of meters away from her, she still didn’t notice. As always, her mind is too busy roaming inside the book. Add music to it, and she will be in a completely different world. So I grabbed her shoulder and kissed her forehead suddenly. She was so shocked that she almost hit and push me away, until she notices its me, her own brother.

“Yah oppa!” she playfully punch my chest.

“I told you not to be so carried away with a book,” I hug her and mess her hair, while whispering “I missed my little Hyunri.” This was our first meeting after three weeks of me not going home. She chuckles and let go of me with a smile on her face, saying: “I thought my oppa was so busy until he no longer remembers his little sister,” she slipped those words easily, but as a brother I feel more guilty to her. “Hyunri-ah, mianhae…” Hyunri simply shook her head and raised her shoulder, as if saying ‘it was nothing’. Sighing deeply, I took her bag and she linked her arm to mine, while we exchange no more words until I drove back to my workplace.

When we arrived, at first she insisted that she would wait at the car until I get back. She said she’s too embarrassed if she would have to come with me all day long, while she is no one. Meanwhile, I insist that she should come along with me, telling her that it would be alright and without her agreement, I carried her and take her out from the car. “okay princess,” I put her down in front of the building’s door, “pick one, the peaceful way or the forceful way. I’m in a hurry, and I will make you come with me, and you know I’m not kidding. I won’t leave my sister boiling inside the parking lot while I’m at some studio, working,” and patted her head once. She pouted, but at least she agreed with me. I immediately pulled her running through the stairs towards BTOB’s practice room, where faintly I could hear our latest song – WOW – blasting on the speakers. Not to mention leader Kwang's strong vocal, the second floor were quite busy.

I slowly opened the door, and all BTOB’s member stared at me, or most likely, to the girl I was pulling around, Hyunri. In this middle of awkward silence, Sungjae initiatively turn off the blasting speakers behind him. Oh great.

“Hyung~ you’re finally back!” Peniel said with a huge smile on his face. That kid never stops smiling, does he? Hyunri started to hide behind my back.

“Who’s that, Hyunsik?” Minhyuk hyung approached me, and Hyunri hid even more. “Everyone,” I started, “Please treat her nicely. This is Lim Hyunri, my little sister.” I pulled her out and placed her in front of me. Hyunri is not fond of meeting new people, especially boys, and this rowdy. She keeps her head down, doesn’t even bother to look at BTOB’s members. I pushed her a little, and suddenly Sungjae came kneeling in front of her while staring curiously at her face which made her shocked.

“Waaah~ so this is Hyunsik hyung’s sister! Hello! My name is Yook Sungjae!” Sungjae held his hand against my sister’s, and she shook it once. “H-hello there, I am Hyunri,” she stuttered and blushed while trying to straighten her head so she can see who she is talking with. As Sungjae stood up, Hyunri was shocked to see that she is talking to a walking pole. Sungjae smiled widely, and Hyunri awkwardly smiled back. “Aissh hyung! She’s so cute!” Peniel said while also holding out his hand, “I’m Shin Donggeun, but you can call me Peniel. Nice to meet you!” Hyunri shook his hand too. Soon Minhyuk hyung, Eunkwang hyung, Changsub hyung and Ilhoon came to her as rowdy as always, and introduced themselves. I recognizes something though. Ilhoon came last, and he was staring at her weirdly and confusedly, which my sister responded to with the same reaction. I was about to ask, but leader Kwang orders us to get back to practice, but really nicely took Hyunri to a sofa inside our room. He even gave her his snacks. BTOB’s members’ jaws drops in awe. Including mine.

“Yah hyung! You never treat us that nice!” Sungjae yelled.

“never even shared your food!” Minhyuk.

“Is it because she is a girl….” Peniel.

“and Hyunsik’s sister… are you trying to impress her?!” Changsub hyung.

“that you treated her nicely?!” Ilhoon.

“yah. She’s mine. You guys aren’t allowed to touch her!” me.

Hyunri giggled at the sight of us fighting.

“boys, please. I’m normally this nice to everyone.” Eunkwang said.

We all shared disgusted look, and in unison said, “LIES!!” everyone quickly bursts into laughter. Leader Kwang smacked Sungjae’s head, he said for starting the crowd, and our music. We continued practice while Hyunri looked at us from the corner. No, not us. To Ilhoon. I tried to not get distracted from my practice.

An hour later, our manager came to the room. She is a very nice noona that always takes care of us and our mess, Hara noona. She announced “BOYS! Grab your stuffs, we’re leaving for the photoshoot in ten minutes!” everyone reacted as loud as ever, and started packing their stuff that are scattered throughout the room. Minhyuk hyung’s headphones, handphone, leader Kwang’s iPod, Sungjae’s snacks, Peniel’s books, Changsub hyung’s tablet and gaming console, and Ilhoon’s homeworks. My stuffs were gathered by Hyunri not so long ago, so I could just sling my bag and grabbed Hyunri’s hand. “Well hello there!” noona exclaimed at us, “is she your little sister that you talked about earlier, Hyunsik? How cute!” noona pinched her cheeks once, and Hyunri twitched to the feeling. “Yah noona! Don’t tease my sister so much,” I said. “But she’s too cute Hyunsik! I might look creepy right now! Hello there, my name is Hara, and I’m this group’s manager. Nice to meet you~” Hara noona held her hand, and Hyunri shook it. “um, h-hello. My name is Hyunri,” and Hyunri bowed politely. “Don’t be so awkward! I won’t bite!” said Hara noona. I laughed. “sure, you won’t bite, but you smacked us awake every single morning…” Sungjae said while packing. We all laugh in agreement, and she yelled “yah! I have an image to take care of in front of an innocent girl! You guys shut up!” we laughed even harder, and Hyunri giggled. She seemed happy here.

I was about to pull her and take her to the group’s van, but Hara noona stopped me. “Hyunsik-ah, why are you so mean!” I looked at her confusedly. “What, me?” “Yes, you! You looks great all the time, yet you are letting your sister to be such a mess!” I turned to look at Hyunri that is tilting her head confusedly. Well… I’m used to see her this way that I don’t realize that she does looks like a mess. Her hair was tied in a messy sloppy ponytail, and she wore her glasses carelessly. She rolled her long uniform sleeves up until her elbows too, and her uniform was quite a mess, some part stained. She said she helped her teacher to clean up the library, no wonder it’s a mess. Hey, I looked at her every day in this way! “Go ahead to the van. Gyuri is waiting there, and she will take care of the photo session. Meanwhile, I will make the idol’s sister looks like the idol! Now go! Eunkwang, get him!” she shooed me off, and Eunkwang tried to drag me. I turn to glance on Hyunri that shows up eyes that said ‘don’t go! Please!’ Hyunri hated being alone in unfamiliar places with unfamiliar people. So I let go of myself from Eunkwang hyung, and approach Hyunri. I leaned to her ear and whispers “Don’t be afraid. Hara noona is very nice, and she will take you to me as soon as possible. Be good, okay?” she nods fast and I kissed her cheek goodbye. I immediately ran to catch up with the others, and left Hyunri with Hara noona.

A/N : Sorry for the short update. This is just their first meeting though, what do you guys think? Any comment will be GREATLY appreciated! LOVE YOU ALL <3