My little sister -- Lim Hyunsik

I remember.

My photo shoot session had now ended, and currently we are waiting for Changsub hyung’s photo shoot. I heaved a sigh as we waited. Where is Hara noona? What is she doing to Hyunri? I started messing with my phone, deciding to call her again as Sungjae clings onto my back.

“Hyunsik hyung~ where is your cute little sister?” he said with a sing-song tune, while showing me a pink headband with cat ears on it. “I wanna put this on her~ she’ll look cute!” I looked at the headband and imagined Hyunri with cat ears…. She would look…. Adorable. I shook my head. Kicking away the faint blush that threatens to creep in to my cheeks. The members. Must. Not. See. My sister. With. Cat. Ears. I was about to push him off and telling him don’t, as Changsub hyung exclaims with a loud tone, “HARA NOONA, SHE IS SO PRETTY!”

My ears stood right up to the words, as the members gather around someone that Hara noona brings. I jumped right out of my seat and make my way to see that ‘someone’…. My jaw drops in awe.

It was my sister. Lim Hyunri.

She wore a dress. With white butterflies flying on one side.

And boots.

And no glasses.

And wavy hair, tied with a dark blue ribbon.

And light makeup. I’ve never seen her putting on makeup her whole life.

She noticed my presence among the rowdy boys, and made her way to hug me tightly while squealing my name. I was too amazed to return her hug, so she pulled back and look at me straight in the eyes. “oppa, what is it? You don’t want to hug me back?” I shook my head, bows down slightly to her level. “it’s not that, Hyunri. Oppa is just so happy, seeing Hyunri became so pretty.” All the boys rowdily made agreeing noises behind my back. Her cheeks flushed pink and she hide behind Hara noona, and the latter smack on our heads for making her scared.

One person stood a bit far away in jaws gaping, clearly in awe. He is Ilhoon.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We finished our photo shoot session and gets inside the group’s van, now with Hyunri sitting close to me, my arms wrapped around her shoulder. Changsub hyung lend her his tablet and she played with the games in it to kill time, now I could see a screen with colorful birds crashing onto blocks of wood, glass and rock. Sungjae and Minhyuk had been constantly giving her small sweet treats of theirs from time to time, and she delightfully accepts most, eating them with a shy smile which made the two boys have an urge to simply squish her cheeks. At times while she isn’t playing with Changsub hyung’s tablet, Peniel will shyly try to make slow conversations with her, and Eunkwang hyung would mostly interrupt. I heaved another sigh. The boys are so dangerous around my sister…. Well, with the exception of Ilhoon. He seemed to only have the guts to admire from afar, I wonder why. As the van moves, the boys loudly asked Hara noona to get them dinner, and she checks on her schedule book. We cheered happily when we figured that the photo shoot session is the last schedule for the day, and now we may have dinner.

“Noona! I want barbecue!” Sungjae exclaims from the back seat. We all agreed, having the images of sizzling grilled meat carved deeply into our hungry brains. “BARBECUE! BARBECUE! BARBECUE!” everyone cheered on, and Hara noona asks the driver to get us to a restaurant. Hyunri asks me where are we going, and I patted her head saying we’re going to the best barbecue nearby. She nodded, and continues playing with Changsub hyung’s tablet.

Our drive went smooth. When Hyunri got tired of playing games, she gave the tablet back to Changsub hyung and played traditional games with Sungjae instead. After a while; and as we’re still stuck in traffic, Sungjae patted my shoulder lightly. I turned my head to ask him why, and I already knew the reason. Hyunri fell asleep on Sungjae’s shoulder. I was going to move her to my side, but Sungjae said its fine…. (he seemed happy anyhow…) Eunkwang whispers envious thoughts to me, also Changsub, and Peniel too, and even Minhyuk hyung. They all admired her peaceful sleeping face, comfortably snuggling onto Sungjae’s broad shoulder.

They sure seemed like Hyenas to cute girls….

Except for Ilhoon. Urgh, I’ll have to ask what’s with all those weird stares.