The bully -- Lim Hyunri

I remember.

LIM HYUNRI

I don’t remember much after getting on the car with Hyunsik oppa, aside than playing with Changsub oppa’s tablet and then playing finger games with Sungjae oppa. I guess I fell asleep somehow at some point, but I don’t really remember.

When Hyunsik oppa woke me up, we’re somewhere I don’t recognize. It looks like a restaurant, and we get inside. Hara unnie said she had to go attend some other business and she left us, along with Gyuri unnie.

Hyunsik oppa’s members teased me to no end because now they have my sleeping pictures and I got embarrassed, so I hide behind Hyunsik oppa who latter scold them for making me scared. What he doesn’t know is that I’m not scared, I’m amused. It’s been a while since I meet oppa and seeing him in such cheery condition light up my mood.

“Yah, but seriously Hyunri, how could you fell asleep after putting on such gorgeous dress and getting makeup done?” Hyunsik oppa asked me as we walk to our seat, his arms around my shoulders as I walked in front of me. I shook my head and looked up at him.

“Does that mean when I put on pretty dresses I shouldn’t fell asleep in cars?” He barked out an amused laugh hearing my question. “It’s not that, sweet Hyunri. I’m just curious,” he said while fixing my strayed strand of hair.

“Sik! Your seat is over there,” Eunkwang oppa interrupts us, pointing to seat on the end of the long table.

“Hyung! Can Hyunri please sit next to me? Please? Please?” Sungjae oppa came running to us and acted all cute towards my oppa, to which he only got replied coldly, “No.” Hyunsik oppa dragged me along and I smiled a sorry smile towards the pouting Sungjae oppa.

We sat at the end of the of the table, and I ended up sitting next to Ilhoon. This is going to be very awkward.

                                                                                *             *             *

The dinner was very fun. Most of the members had a good time and Eunkwang oppa got a bit drunk, his face redden and Hyunsik oppa had to drag him back to the van when the dinner’s over. We get on the van, most of the members had been drained off their energies after a whole lot of laughing, and after fifteen minutes of drive, the only ones that are still awake are I and Hyunsik oppa.

He read a book while I lean to his broad shoulder; he took off my ponytail a while ago as it got a bit messy. I prefer it this way, anyway. It’s very comfortable to have my hair draped along my shoulders. I don’t really like ponytails—it’s a hassle for me.

Hyunsik oppa got carried away with the novel he read, and I played around with his phone. Just the way we would have it back in our small apartment. Before he became an idol. Before everything else matters.

We would sit like this every afternoon, every day after he came back from college, we would sit on the couch and he would read or work on something, while I would lean on his shoulder or lay my head down on his head.

After a bit of comforting kisses from Hyunsik oppa, I guess I got too comfortable and I fell asleep—again.

                                                                                *             *             *

The drive took a bit longer than expected.

We got back at the dorm sometime after midnight, and Hyunsik oppa managed to talk me into staying a night at the dorms. Well, tomorrow’s Sunday and I don’t have classes… But still, it’ll be a bit awkward. He convinced me that we’ll sleep at the far end of the bedroom, just the two of us, away from the other members and I could wear his pajamas for tonight.

In the end, I agreed.

The members rushed in the dorm and they make a fuss about who’s going to shower first, so I discreetly crept in to the corner of the dorm’s living room, making peace with myself, and telling myself to never live with seven loud boys.

Before I know it, the fuss had turned down since the order had been settled—the maknaes are going to shower last.

Sungjae oppa decided he can’t wait any longer, so he simply wash his face and went on ahead to sleep. Peniel oppa tried to wait at first, but then he yawned really wide a lot of times until the sleepiness came into his head and he did exactly what Sungjae oppa did. Eunkwang oppa showered really fast, so now it’s my oppa’s turn. Changsub oppa is practically dozing off on the sofa, across the one I’m sitting on. He looked really childish, with his chubby cheeks and all.

“I never knew you’re Hyunsik hyung’s little sister.”

I jumped a bit away to the sudden whisper which turns out to be Ilhoon’s, but I managed to get myself sitting back straight at my seat. He sat next to me, clearing space for himself.

“Y-You never asked.” I blurted out at last, trying really hard to not shake.

“We never even talk, remember?” He sighed heavily.

“So how are we gonna play this?” I looked up at him, full of nuisance and disgust. He’s Ilhoon. I know who he is. I look at that same face every single day I’m bullied around.

Jung Ilhoon is my classmate. He is in the bully gang.

One of the leaders, even.