t w o

Torture of Darkness

Yonghwa waited for Seohyun. Hours passed yet she didn’t show her face at all. He sighed. “She won’t come,” he mumbled and dragged his feet to his car and drove home.

“Hyung? Where were you going?” Minhyuk asked as he brought his ramen bowl to his room. “Nowhere,” Yonghwa answered and faked a smile. He didn’t want s worried about him so he prefers to hide it.

Jungshin entered the room too, leaving Jonghyun and Yonghwa in the living room. Yonghwa sighed again. “What is it, hyung?”

“Nothing,” Yonghwa said and cupped his instant ramen. “Seriously hyung? You can lie to our innocent Minhyuk and the ignorant Jungshin. But not me, alright?” Jonghyun glared at him.

“Alright! I asked Seohyun to meet at a park and it supposed to be my confession but she didn’t come!”

“Chill. She probably had an urgent thing?”

“She should at least text me or call me,” Yonghwa ate his ramen lazily. “Maybe she doesn’t have pulse?” Jonghyun joked. “Whatever,” Yonghwa left him to his room and closed the door quietly.

He started to play his keyboard. It was the only way for him to relax himself. He gulped his coffee and stared at the computer screen.

“She wasn’t coming…”

He messed his hair and screamed like insane. “I think I have to ask her tomorrow,” he said to himself and nodded. “Maybe she had an urgent,” Yonghwa mumbled and went to sleep.

 

The next day, Yonghwa really called her. Yet, she didn’t give any replies to him. Yonghwa started to get worry. He decided to visit her dorm secretly.

He grabbed his jacket and closed the door quietly. It was still six in the morning so s weren’t awake yet. But he was wrong. Minhyuk just came back from the kitchen with a glass of water.

“Who- Who are you?” Minhyuk rubbed his eyes to get a clear view but he couldn’t. His sudden gasp made Yonghwa shocked. “Don’t tell me… You want to kidnap me?!”

Yonghwa was about to laugh but Minhyuk screamed, “Hyung! Help me! Help-“

Yonghwa covered his mouth. “Yah! Don’t be too loud! It’s me, Yonghwa!”

Minhyuk rubbed his eyes again and recognized his leader. He grinned innocently. “Ah… I’m sorry hyung,” he said.

“So, where are you going?” Minhyuk asked and gulped his water.

“You don’t have to know,” Yonghwa said and pushed him away but he whine. “You want to go to Girls’ Generation’s dorm right? Can I join? Please?”

Yonghwa shot a glare and raised his eyebrows, “What do you want and how did you know?”

Minhyuk smirked in victory. “If you don’t allow me, I will tell the others,” Minhyuk shrugged and went to the bedroom, pretended that he was going to wake the others.

But Yonghwa grabbed his hand and sighed. “Just… don’t cause a trouble,” Yonghwa said and dragged him to their car. Minhyuk stopped.

“Hyung, let me take a bath first,” Minhyuk said and rushed to the bathroom. Being a good leader, Yonghwa didn’t leave him there so he waited for him in the living room.

15 minutes after, Minhyuk was already in his outfit. “We are just going to their dorm, not going to a concert,” Yonghwa mumbled and dragged him again.

 

-

 

Yonghwa rang the doorbell again and again. “God, they are such sleepy heads,” Yonghwa mumbled. Unfortunately, Taeyeon was in front of him already.

“You call me a sleepy head, huh, ex-brother in law?” she smirked and emphasized the ‘ex-brother-in-law’ word.

Yonghwa laughed awkwardly. “A-Ah… It’s not what I mean,” Yonghwa said and rubbed the back of his neck.

“So? What do you mean by that?”

“He meant our members. Yonghwa hyung has texted them but they aren’t awake yet,” Minhyuk lied. Since she thought that Minhyuk was innocent, she shrugged and let them in.

“I’m so glad that I brought you with me,” Yonghwa whispered to Minhyuk. Minhyuk smirked. “You got to thank me later.”

“So… what do you want here?” Taeyeon asked. “I have something to talk to Seohyun,” Yonghwa said directly. Taeyeon smirked. “Oh? Seohyun? What happened to you guys?”

“I’m sorry. This is our personal problem,” Yonghwa sighed. But for her Seohyun’s sake, she didn’t give up easily. “Then I won’t allow you to meet her,” Taeyeon said and walked off but Yonghwa stopped her.

“Okay. I asked her to meet me yesterday but she didn’t come. I wondered why,” Yonghwa explained. Taeyeon nodded and walked to Seohyun’s room.

“Yah Seohyun. Manger oppa wanted to meet you outside,” Taeyeon said and shook her body. “What? Manager Oppa? Why?” Seohyun asked.

“I don’t know. Just meet him.”

Seohyun washed her face, brushed her teeth and fixed her hair. But who she found in the living room was unexpected. “What are you doing here?” Seohyun asked. Taeyeon hid herself in her room and locked it so Seohyun wouldn’t hit her with pillow.

“Seohyun. I have to talk to you,” Yonghwa said sharply, grabbed her hand and left Minhyuk in the living room.

 

-

 

“What?” Seohyun asked, trying to let go of his grip.

“Mm, why didn’t you come yesterday?” he started

“I-I-“

“Why?”

“I didn’t want to ruin your confession day,” she said and looked away.

 

‘What? How did she know when I didn’t even start?’

 

“What? Confession day?”

“Yes. I saw you sing Banmal to Shinhye unnie,” Seohyun continued.

 “Oh seriously? She helped me with my practice for confessing to someone else,” Yonghwa turned to be shy.

“Oh? Who’s that lucky girl?” Seohyun asked with and breathed heavily.

“Seo Joohyun,” he said.

“Yes? What?”

“It’s you. Seo Joohyun, I like you. Can’t you see that? You don’t know how lonely am I. I wish to have someone beside me. To be the only one that tells me everything is going to be okay.”

She was speechless at the moment.

She never thought that she was the girl that he was to going to confess to.

“Seohyun, I like you. Oh no, incorrect. I love you. Please be mine…” he whispered.

Seohyun stayed still. The words that she wanted to say seemed to be held back.

“I understand-“

“No. I-I-I love-“

“You love me too?”

“No. I love goguma,” she smiled and hugged him. “You said you love goguma? You should hug it instead of me,” Yonghwa pouted.

“Well, you are my goguma…”

 

-

 

“So Minhyuk-sshi, what are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked awkwardly. Minhyuk grinned innocently and shook his head. “I don’t know. I just felt bored at home so I followed Yonghwa-hyung,” Minhyuk said.

“Unnie, where is my- oh my god!”

Minhyuk waved his hand at Sunny who was still with her messy hair and sleepy eyes. “Well, I guess you came here for her. I should just leave you two. Have fun!”