More Than Best Friends? [T.O.PxChaerin]

Small Drabbles and Things

 

Choi Seunghyun and Lee Chaerin had been working together for almost three years now. Ever since Chaerin joined the YG Family, Seunghyun softened up. He had always been a tough, leave-me-alone type of guy. From the start, Chaerin and Seunghyun became the best of friends. All of that was going to change.

"Hey! Tabi! Wait up!"

Seunghyun stopped in his tracks, smiling as he recognized the voice of his best friend. He turned to face the voice, watching as the small girl ran towards him, hugging her Rilakkuma tight to her chest.

"Hey, Chae," he greeted. "What's up?"

"I was just trying to catch up with you. I wanted to ask if you wanted to have dinner tonight," Chaerin breathed out, catching her breath. "I have something important to tell you."

"Oh? Want to tell me what that might be? Give me a little hint, hm?" Seunghyun curiously asked, trying to get a hint from his friend.

"Nope! It has to wait until tonight!" She nodded.

"Aish, fine. Whatever you say."

Chaerin giggled.

Seunghyun suddenly broke out into a childish fit, hugging Chaerin and begging.

"Please, please, please tell me what it is," he begged cutely, looking up at his friend with puppy eyes. "Please, please, please!"

"Y-yah!" Chaerin squealed, swatting at Seunghyun, trying to pry him off of her. Her cheeks grew red as she looked down at the older man. "Stop being so childish; especially when we're still here."

She blushed even more as she looked around; looking up and down the hallways to make sure that no one was witnessing this.

"Get off, pabo!" Chaerin squeaked pushing Seunghyun away.

He let her go and stood up straight again, straightening his clothes as he pouted at her.

"Come on. Why can't you just give me a hint, hm?" Seunghyun questioned.

"Because… I can't," Chaerin grinned and ran off in the direction that she came from. "I'll call you later with the details~"

Seunghyun stood there, frowning as the young girl disappeared down the hall.

“This girl… Aish,” he thought.

He continued in the direction he was going, heading home to get some rest since his schedules were done for the day.



 

 

Later that day, at six in the afternoon, Seunghyun was taking a nap when his phone started ringing. He groaned as he reached out, his hand searching for his phone. He pushed himself off the bed and looked around. Finally, he found it.

"Hello?" Seunghyun answered the phone, his voice deeper than it usually was due to just waking up.

"Seunghyun? Tabi?" The voice on the other end questioned. "Uwaaah, your voice... Did I wake you?"

"Chae... Hey... Ne, but it's alright."

"Well, it better be. We have plans tonight, remember?" Chaerin reminded.

"Of course I remember."

"Good. Okay, listen. I made reservations for us at our usual place."

Seunghyun slowly sat up.

"Mhmm…"

"Tabi? Are you listening?" Chaerin asked.

There was silence.

"Oppa~" she teased. Chaerin rarely called Seunghyun this. This was her only way to get his attention sometimes. "Oppa~ Listen to me~"

"Oh my god... Stop that," Seunghyun grumbled as he rubbed his face. Good thing that they were on the phone. If they were face to face, Chaerin would probably see how red Tabi's face was turning. He couldn't stand how cute she sounded when she would call him that.

Chaerin giggled.

"Well, see you around, umm, nine-ish, okay?"

Seunghyun nodded before he remembered that he was on the phone.

"Yeah, okay. See you then," he replied before falling back onto the bed and hanging up.

He rolled over, burying his face into his pillow and thinking of maybe going back to sleep, but decided against it as he got up and went to get ready for his dinner reservation with Chaerin.



 

 

Around nine o'clock, Seunghyun showed up at Chaerin's house. He got out of the car and went to ring the doorbell. He shifted around as he stood there waiting.

The door opened.

Seunghyun stared in awe at his best friend. She was beautiful. Chaerin was wearing a y, midnight blue-ish dress that was short in the front, but long in the back. It showed of her curves. It really fit her well. Seunghyun stood there, staring for a while causing Chaerin to blush, slowly waving a hand in his face.

“Hey! Alien Tabi! Earth to Tabi,” she called out to him. She watched as he blinked as few times and smiled as she saw a slight blush creep onto his cheeks. “Cutie.”

“Hush,” he mumbled, turning away. “Here.”

Seunghyun pulled out a single red rose and gave it to her, smiling sheepishly. He wasn’t good with these mushy, date things. Date things?! This wasn’t a date. This… This was just a dinner reservation between friends. Right. Seunghyun held his elbow out for Chaerin and smiled as she took it. He led her out to the car and opened the passenger side door like a gentleman and helped her in.

Chaerin was so close to freaking out. This was more than she was expecting. Actually, she wasn’t expecting this at all! She knew that Seunghyun wasn’t the romantic type and was surprised when she saw him in a suit at her front door. Of course, this wasn’t her first time seeing him in a suit, but this time, he looked so much more… handsome. Oh, and the rose. God, this man was perfection. She smiled to herself as she brought the rose up to her nose and smelled it.

Seunghyun smiled, watching Chaerin out of the corner of his eye. He then drove them to their usual dining place. It wasn’t too fancy, but it wasn’t cheap either. It was fancy enough where formal wear was needed.

Once again, after parking the car and killing the engine, Seunghyun got out and opened the door for Chaerin and offered his elbow to her again. He led her into the restaurant and after a short wait, they were seated. Seunghyun helped Chaerin into her seat before taking his across from her.

“So… What was this important thing that you wanted to talk about?” Seunghyun asked, curious about what it was.

“Well…” Chaerin smirked teasingly, trying to hide the fact that she was nervous. “Let’s wait until after we eat to talk about it, okay?”

Seunghyun puffed his cheeks and sighed, nodding slightly.

“Alright…”

Chaerin giggled softly as she watched him.

“Why is he so cute,” she thought to herself.

Soon, the waiter came over and they ordered their food. Seunghyun asked for a bottle of wine as well. After the wine was brought out, the two friends sipped slowly from their glass as they waited.

Chaerin cleared , getting Seunghyun’s attention.

“Well, I guess now is a good of a time as any,” she spoke softly as she set her glass of wine down. “I asked you to come out to dinner with me because I wanted to talk to you about…”

Chaerin suddenly trailed off, blushing deeply as she looked up at the older man, her eyes meeting his deep gaze. She shyly looked away. Seunghyun merely raised an eyebrow. He had never seen Chaerin act like this around him before; maybe because he didn’t pay attention.

“I… I want to tell you something about me.”

“What is it, Chae? Are you alright?” Seunghyun asked, his deep voice full of worry as he frowned and reached out for her hand. “What’s the matter?”

Her cheeks turned a brighter red at her friend’s hand on hers and looked down more, trying to hide her face from his.

“I… I like you. I have for a while now,” she said quietly.

“What? I can’t hear you,” was Seunghyun’s reply even though he did hear her. He just couldn’t believe his ears. A small smile began to spread across his face. Chaerin didn’t see though. She was too busy trying to keep herself together. She shyly spoke up louder.

“I like you, Seunghyun.”

Seunghyun gave Chaerin’s hand a gentle squeeze and his smile grew. Chaerin looked up at the feel of her hand being squeezed and blushed more, if that were even possible, as she saw the smile on Seunghyun’s face.

“Did I make a mistake in telling him? Is he going to make fun of me,” she thought.

“Chae, I like you, too,” Seunghyun said softly. “Ever since we started hanging out, I felt this connection with you. I really liked you from the beginning.”

Chaerin pulled her hand back and covered her cheeks.

“Aiya!” she exclaimed. “Seunghyun oppa is so romantic today.”

Seunghyun blushed and looked away. Chaerin giggled as the waiter came back with their food. They then enjoyed their first date together.