Fall 02

Fallen

 

“You”

“Er…so x + 1 goes here…” The lights were dim in the math classroom as Mr. Voja tried to solve our first warm up problem over and over again. The poor guy was failing in every attempt.

Now and then I’d try to look up, in anticipation that he would’ve already moved on, but to my disappointment he’d still be on the same question.

And the point is, it’s already been 1 hour and 55 minutes.

“Er…” the bald middle-aged Asian tried again as he pushed his round framed glasses up his nose. “This…”

Oh, bell please just ring.

“Meet at Lounge?” Viey’s text came as I silently pushed my pencil case into the front pocket of my bag pack.

“Mhmm” I texted back quickly just as the bell rang. Finally. Time to go.

I nudged my chair in and shuffled out onto the aisle of the huge math classroom, thankful that the second period of the day was over. Half the class wasn’t awake yet and Mr. Voja was still trying to solve the same math question.

Even I can be a better math teacher than him. Not that I want to.

I slipped out of the class, hoping to be out early. To my dismay I was immediately greeted by a huge wave of students heading towards the lounge and the cafeteria. Thank god this school has wide hallways, or else I’d be nothing more than a squished ant right now.

 The clanking of the opening and closing lockers echoed through the vast lounge of Janel, uniting not only high school students, but also University students from the other half of the school.

Is it just me? Or is everyone obnoxiously loud today, its getting on my nerves. I watched solemnly as one of the University jock Sen Jong tackled his pal Matthew Grainwood onto the ground, causing the girls around them to squeal in adoration.

“Hey Jae” Sen grinned lazily at me “Lunch together?”

This guy never seems to acknowledge the disgust I feel towards him “No thanks” I don’t even remember how many times I’ve rejected him last year.

“Aww, pretty baby, stop rejecting me.” His grin grew wider as he mocked me, obviously having fun.

“Then stop getting yourself rejected,” I retorted through gritted teeth as I pulled out the new textbooks distributed in Chem and Math out of my bag pack.

I groaned when my books stopped short at the tip of my locker. Why the hell do I have to get a top locker this year, even blind people can tell that I’m not tall enough for it.

Oh the greatness of being short.

“Hahaha, pretty baby too short for her locker?” Sen doubled in laughter along with his friends as he headed towards my direction. Oh no. I would rather die than have this jerk help me with my books.

“Forget it.” I cursed as I recoiled my hands from the locker. “I’ll just-”

“Here, let me help” A tranquil voice emerged from behind me as a hand reached over and swept my textbooks into the locker with ease.

“What…” I stumbled around, my back bumping against the lockers as I came face to face with a familiar face. Oh Se Hun.

For a brief moment he stared back at me, his gaze boring into mine, seemingly searching for something. I held my breath, captivated by those beautiful yet mysterious brown eyes.

“Ahhh! Its him! Its him! One of the transfer students!” some girls squealed on one side of my locker, earning both our reluctant attention towards them as I took my chance to avert my gaze from the gorgeous figure in front of me.

“Umm” I cleared my throat “Thanks”

“Mhmm” Se Hun hummed in response. But he didn’t move, his strong and lean arms were still close on one side of me as he leaned close, waiting.

“Is there…anything you need from me?” I asked, in both fear and anticipation at the same time, my heart drummed against my chest in a light speed.

“You’re blocking my locker.” He said matter-of-factly.

“Oh” I heaved a huge sigh of relieve as I grabbed my bag and stepped out of his way. “Sorry”

“Mhmm” He replied casually, as he bent down to pile his books into his locker. I watched as he lightly blew his hair out of his eyes as his brown tousled bangs toppled upon his sight.

I chucked my bag pack closer up my shoulder and strolled out of the lobby. From the corner of my eyes I caught Sen looking rather agitated. Sorry bro seems like you missed your chance in saving your “pretty baby”. Freaking retard.

“Jae! What took you so long? I couldn’t find you in the lounge.” Viey asked as I approached the table for two in the cafeteria. She was sipping her coffee smoothly after taking a bite from her ham and cheese pretzel.

“Ugh. Stupid Sen again” I mumbled as I scanned the area for the choice of food. Hmm. Ramen looks good.

“Oh that Sen…” Viey rolled her eyes, taking another sip from her steaming coffee.

I plopped down onto the chair and sighed solemnly, announcing the sad news. “Viey…”

“Yeah?” She replied through her bite from the pretzel.

“I got a top locker” I could not fight back the sulk that automatically formed on my face.

“Aww, even I’m just about enough to reach the height of the top locker. Poor Jae” She shook her head in pity as I buried my head into my arms. “Whatever, forget about that I’m going to get lunch.”

I stood up and was about to stride towards the ramen line when two girls ambled across our table, talking about eventful news.

“Hey, did you see? One of the new hot transfer guy Se Hun helped Jae with her books on the lockers! Oh man how I wish I were her, she practically had her whole body against his!” A girl with curly blonde hair flustered.

“Yeah Oh my god. And did you see her seducing him. She kept looking into his eyes! Ugh. What a flirt.” The girl beside remarked as she smoothed out her fuzzy orange hair.

Does a new transfer guy, helping the pitiful, short me reach my fcking tall locker sound like crime? I don’t think so.

So why the hell am I being ed about?

I turned back to Viey, who in turn gave me a “What just happened” look.

I sat back down and muttered, “Exactly what they said, minus the seducing part and the body against him part.”

“I’d agree with them. Lucky you” she raised her eyebrows as she took another bite from her ham and cheese lunch.

“I don’t get you. I don’t get them. I don’t get girls. I don’t get this. I don’t want to get anything. Whatever.” I rolled my eyes, why is this even such a big deal anyways. I hate being the center of attention.

“Lost your appetite yet Jae?” Viey smiled.

“What are you talking about? Is this the first day you’ve known me? Jae Tuang never loses her appetite. Please.” I waved her comment away as I approached the Ramen line, clicking my converse together as I watched the Ahjumma busily serve up the portions in bowls.

My turn. Bigger please.

“Thanks Ahjumma” I sighed in content as she added a little more soup into my bowl.

The aroma of the noodles appeased me; food will forever be my savior.

“What do you have next?” Viey asked as I slurped the last bit of my noodles out of the bowl.

“Art.” I sniffed and wiped my mouth clean.

“I heard that there’s a new teacher that replaced Mrs Saun from last year, apparently he only takes one art class.” Viey noted as she brushed remaining crumbs off her white pencil skirt onto the carpeted floor.

“Yeah. Mr. Wu right? I heard he’s like barely a graduate.” I retorted, leaning back against my chair, rubbing my full stomach.

“Well. I hope he’s an eye-candy, because the teachers here seriously needs some fashion sense and trend advices.” Viey shook her head as she shuddered.

“Psh, you’re not even taking art, which means you’re not going to be in Mr. Wu’s class so why bother. Even if he was hot, he wouldn’t be an eye-candy for you.” I chuckled at Viey’s over-obsessive character.

“Oh stop Jae, I can always go spy on him” She winked as she stood up, bringing her sling bag up upon her shoulders as she adjusted her skirt again.

That pencil skirt really does look like a bother, limited space between the legs girl. Why would anyone do this to themselves.

I stretched and hoisted myself up along with my bag pack. “Have fun in Econ, Mr. Daruns is hot too. With that curly black hair and thick mustache.” I sniggered as Viey rolled her eyes in exasperation.

“Oh Jae, why do you always have the most un-funny jokes. Learn some actual humor please.” The brunette countered as we walked towards the main building again.

“See ya later.” I nodded as Viey walked off towards Econ as I stepped into the familiar art studio in Janel. Oh how I missed this huge workspace.

The bell signaling the end of lunch rang; I looked around the empty art studio as I plopped down on top of a big cushion. Am I the only student in the class? 

“Ah, Hello.” A deep yet gentle voice echoed through the room as a tall man with handsome features and light brown hair stepped out from the teacher’s office. “Welcome to advanced Art, I am Mr. Wu, your new art teacher.”

He extended his long fingers towards me, motioning a handshake. With much uncertainty, I slipped my hand into his, feeling his fingers curl around mine as he smirked.

A teacher doesn’t just smirk.

This Mr. Wu does not look like a teacher. Viey’s right. He looks like eye-candy. I studied him, noticing the flawless physique he owned, it instantly reminded me of the new transfer students.

“You must be Jae” Noticing my doubt, Mr. Wu smiled more formally this time, showing his perfect teeth. His pale skin emphasized under the bright white lights in the art studio.

“Ah. Yes Mr. Wu…but how did you know?” I arched my eyebrows up; questions filled my mind as I took another look around the empty art room.

“Call me Kris. And isn’t it obvious? You’re my only student.” The tall man smirked again, playful this time.

I was stuck between feeling shocked and suspicious, being the only student in this class is doubtful enough. Now this teacher wants me to call his first name? What in the world is this?

He finally released his grasp on my hand and sat down beside me on a small stool.

You’ll be spending a lot of time with me this year.” There was something about his smile. It made me feel like I knew him from before.

“Kris.” Before I could stop myself, his first name rolled off my tongue.

“Great start Jae” He smirked. 

 

Author's Note

Hi Guys! Sorry for the wait, i was busy with exams.

But here you are! chapter 2. Everything's still pretty misty. Though Kris is out hehe

Read comment Subscribe!! (: loved and appreciated.

-Ilovesmexo