Hiding a Deep Sadness

Saranghae Baboya (I love you, idiot)

Your POV

I lead them inside the dorm area so that they could help me get my things out of the dorm room. When I get back upstairs, Mei is sleep on the couch with Severely still playing in the background.

“Sorry if it’s a bit of a mess she’s kind of a slob,” I tell them not completely lying to them.

My roommate and friend wakes up looks at the group of guys with hats and masks standing behind me.

“Oh shoot are we being robbed?” she asks me looking at the group of guys.

“Hey I wouldn’t rob my own sister!” JJ shouts at her making me laugh a little.

I walk over to him and grab his arm, “Oppa stay calm she’s just joking. Also why are you guys still wearing your hats and masks you’re inside my dorm?”

“Ummm… well its just can we trust your roommate?”

“Of course you can she’s good at keeping secrets.”

They nod their heads in agreement.

Before they take off their hats and masks Wonbin looks at Mei and says to her, “If you tell anyone you’ll have to deal with Sun Hi.”

She nods her head not truly knowing what he means, but his tone of voice is scary I guess. I sigh as they take off their hats and masks.

Mei looks at them shocked and mumbles, “FT Island,” before she faints.

I sigh and sit down well I poke her with my foot, “Great now what am I supposed to do with a passed out roommate?”

I look at Jonghyun since he’s the strongest out of all of them.

“What why are you looking at me?”

“Can you put her on one of the couches please I don’t think we should leave her on the floor?”

They nod and look at Jonghyun so he realizes he’s outnumbered so he nimbly picks her up and sets her down on the far couch away from the other two in the dorm room.

“Umm help yourself I need to find my speech that I’m supposed to read at graduation.”

They nod and sit down turning on the TV well I run around the apartment.

Its almost half an hour later when I hear someone knock some papers down.

I race out of my room to see the new guy, Seunghyun, picking up a stack of note cards that have numbers on the back of them.

“I’m such an idiot there they are.”

I race over to see that they were already straightened out.

“Here,” Seunghyun hands me the stack of cards and I smile at him.

“Thank you,” I tell him, “I thought I was going to have to worry about the teachers killing me.”

He chuckles and asks me, “What is your speech on?”

“Oh we had to write about something that inspires us and I thought since I’m debuting in a few months as a dancer I thought I would admit who my brother is… even though he can't dance at all.”

“Oh does your brother know this?”

I shake my head, “No, he doesn’t’ want me to be an idol but I already signed the contract. So I’m going to be a dancer and model. I think this might be some fun.”

“Your brother always spoke about how you wanted to help people.”

“I do want to help people but I’m not as smart as my brother pegs me to be. I mean I almost flunked so that I’d have to repeat the year.”

“How could that be you won so many scholarships and you’re going to stop all of your education here?”

“I’m not going to do that I’m actually going to study for a while longer its just I’m a bit nervous about it. I have so many scholarships to do what I want to. I’m taking so many language courses my mind is going insane.”

He looks at me confused and asks, “Why so many?”

“Well I’m going to study all over the place plus I have no idea what else I want to do with my life. I want to work behind the camera but… I have no talent with it so I’m stuck in front of one.”

I walk away from Seunghyun with my note cards and stare at them well I stand on my balcony looking over the school’s campus grounds and realize that in a little bit I’ll be out of here and graduated.

I look at my speech and go over the lines of it in my head wondering just how great I could truly do what I’ve always had my eyes on.

I remember wanting to be a dancer and a photographer but my mother and father always told me that my photos were not worth anything but a stupid dream.

I gave up on that dream and focused on my other studies of nothing that I didn’t’ even want to look my note cards that have my whole lie of speech.

Seunghyun’s POV

I walk over to JJ-hyung and tap his shoulder.

“What is it?”

“Hyung why is your sister so sad?”

“She didn’t have a good relationship with my parents when we were growing up I was the spoiled one and she was treated a little badly because she was the troublemaker when really she covered for me. She was always coming up with reasons to get out of the house and soon our parents just sent her to this school and I haven’t seen her until today. Truthfully I don’t think I’ve seen her for the last three years I made small trips for short visits but soon we got busy that I could hardly come but she never got mad at me. When I would call her or text her she’d always act happy I was never sure if she really was or not.”

“Hyung you make it sound like you want your sister to hate you.”

He laughs a little bit, “Maybe I do then I wouldn’t feel so rotten cause out of everything that has happened to her in her life is because of me. The prison that she had created for herself inside the one that other’s had created for her I want to see it break down. I want to see my sister like what she use to be when she was a little kid.”

I nod my head and watch as hyung’s sister is just standing outside looking out across her campus with what I can guess is a solemn face.