Going Back Home!

The Business of Love

 

THE BUSINESS OF LOVE

 

By DTS123

 

Casts:  Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min

 

 

Author’s Note:

Hello readers! This is DTS123.  I know it’s been ages since the last time I updated this story. And the culprit?  It’s work.  My super busy work schedule to be precise.  No need to elaborate, I’m sure you all understand (I know I’m being presumptuous here, ha ha ha).  Anyway, I’d like to take this opportunity to greet my friend’s blog Simply So Min a wonderful first year anniversary.  Jean congratulations again, keep up the wonderful work you are doing, and more power to you! As my gift, I’ve worked so hard to find the time to finish Chapter 24.  I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the blog’s anniversary than to write this chapter and share with you guys – HYUNMIN fans!  Enjoy everyone!

 

 

CHAPTER 24

 

            So Min walked further inside the nursery.  She looked closely at the elegantly framed picture in front of her.  It was her candid portrait in black and white holding a bunch of roses.  The picture was taken about two weeks before she gave birth.  She remembered that day clearly.  For some reason she was feeling much discomfort than usual that day.  She was alone in the house and feeling very emotional.  There was no one to talk to and she started talking to her unborn babies.  Talking to them made her feel good, it was therapeutic.  Later she walked around the garden and picked out the newly bloomed red roses, and that’s when the picture was taken.

 

            “You took this picture?” So Min asked Hyun Joong.

 

            “Yes, I did.  I got home that afternoon and I couldn’t find you in the house so I went outside to see if you were in the garden.  Then I saw you standing there.  You looked happy and content, and may I add so beautiful.  I just had to take a picture of you so I went quickly inside and grabbed my camera. “

 

            “You’re in photography too?  Is there anything you can’t do Mr. Kim?” So Min asked Hyun Joong jokingly.  “You are definitely full of surprises.”

 

            “Actually I did take some photography classes in New York as stress reliever.  I ended up liking it and became pretty good at it.  It also helped I had a great instructor.”

 

            “This is great Hyun Joong.  It’s perfect! Thank you.”

 

            “Oh, not yet.  There’s more,” said Hyun Joong and pointed toward the two items wrapped in the corner of the room.

 

            “There’s more? What are they?” So Min asked getting excited.

 

            She quickly unwrapped the first item.  She was so excited, just like a little girl opening a gift on Christmas morning.

 

            “Oh Hyun Joong this is beautiful!”  It was a black and white portrait of So Hyun.  He was wide awake this time and showing his bright curious eyes.

 

            So Min opened the second item and as expected it was Hyun Mina’s portrait.  She looked so cute and adorable in her outfit with matching headband with a pink bow.

 

            “Thank you Hyun Joong!  These are wonderful home coming gifts for the three of us.”

 

            “My pleasure, Sweetheart.  Although I can’t take the credit for the baby portraits.  I hired a professional photographer to take them,” Hyun Joong said.

 

            “So when did you take these pictures?”

 

            “Two days after they were born.  I brought the photographer to the hospital.  I had to make special arrangements and found a place to set up the mobile studio.  And of course your Mom helped with the twins’ outfits.”

 

            Hyun Joong took the portraits and hung them next to So Min’s portrait against the wall.

 

            “Now it’s complete.” Hyun Joong said proudly.

 

            They stood there for a moment and looked at the portraits.  Hyun Joong wrapped his arm around So Min’s waist. 

 

            “Hyun Joong…”  So Min put her hands over Hyun Joong’s.

 

            “Yes?”

 

            “Thank you for everything.  I can’t tell you how happy I am.  I have you as my wonderful husband and now our beautiful, healthy babies.  I can’t ask for more,” So Min said teary eyed as they were staring at the pictures.

 

            “I should be the one thanking you.  You gave me a family.  You know I was all alone before you and was so unhappy for a long time.  Now I have you and a proud father to our So Hyun and Hyun Mina.”

 

            Hyun Joong turned So Min around to face him.

 

            “I love you, So Min,” Hyun Joong said and traced So Min’s lips with his thumb. 

 

            “I love you more,” So Min responded. 

 

            Hyun Joong kissed So Min lovingly and mumbled in frustration.  “I’m so tempted to make love to you right now but I know you’re not ready for me.”

 

“Poor thing, it’s going to be a while,” So Min said.

 

“I know, but promise I’ll be patient.”

 

So Min couldn’t help but laugh and continued kissing her husband.  “I hope this would do for now,” she said.

 

They were interrupted when they heard Hyun Mina made a fuss.  They both looked at the twins who were still in their portable car seats.  Hyun Mina didn’t look too happy while So Hyun was still sound asleep.

 

            “Oh baby, are you hungry?” So Min said while bending to reach for Hyun Mina.  “It’s been a while since you were last fed, you must be hungry, right?”

 

            So Min picked up Hyun Mina and sat on her rocking chair.  So Min realized between the two babies she would be spending a whole lot of time in her rocking chair feeding them.  It was a good thing that after a few days, So Min was getting more comfortable with feeding.  While feeding Hyun Mina, So Hyun started to wake up.  He did not cry but did not look too happy either.

 

            “Hey, buddy.  Nap time over?”  Hyun Joong said while talking to his son.  “Your sister is busy feeding right now, but it will be your turn soon.”  Hyun Joong picked up So Hyun and held him.

 

            Minutes later their door bell rang.

 

            “I wonder who could it be,” Hyun Joong said.

 

            “It is probably Mrs. Song Kang Yi,” So Min replied. 

 

            “So Hyun, Daddy needs to put you down for a minute so he can answer the door, okay?” Hyun Joong carefully placed So Hyun back to his portable car seat, gave his son a quick kiss on his forehead, and headed downstairs.

 

            Hyun Joong opened the door.  So Min was right, it was Mrs. Song Kang Yi. 

 

            “Hello, Mr. Kim.  My name is Song Kang Yi.”

 

            “Hi, Mrs. Song,” said Hyun Joong and bowed to greet her. 

 

            “I apologize for meeting you for the first time.  I didn’t get a chance to meet with you during your interview with my wife and mother-in-law.  It was pretty hectic that day at work.”

 

“There’s no need to apologize, Mr. Kim.  I do understand.”

 

“Please come in.  So Min and the twins are upstairs in the nursery.  Let’s go upstairs so you can meet So Hyun and Hyun Mina.”

           

            Hyun Joong led Mrs. Song upstairs.  Although he was meeting her for the first time he liked her immediately, which was a good sign especially she will be taking care of his children.  Hyun Joong assumed she was in her mid fifties.  She had a gentle face and calm demeanor which Hyun Joong liked a lot.

 

            “Here they are,” Hyun Joong said.

 

            “Hello Mrs. Kim.  It’s nice to see you again.”

 

            So Min got up from her rocking chair and placed Hyun Mina in her crib. 

           

            “Hello, Mrs. Song.  I’m glad you’re finally here.  Please meet our twins, So Hyun and Hyun Mina.”

 

            Mrs. Song approached So Hyun first.  “Hello, So Hyun,” greeted Mrs. Song and lightly touched So Hyun’s feet.  So Hyun started to get excited and started stretching his tiny little legs.

 

            “I can tell we’re going to have a very active boy here,” said Mrs. Song.  So Hyun continued to move his legs as if agreeing with Mrs. Song’s comment.

 

            She then approached Hyun Mina’s crib.  “Hello Hyun Mina.  I can see you are very content after Mommy fed you.  You’re one beautiful little girl, Hyun Mina. ” Hyun Mina did not move but looked attentive as if absorbing everything happening around her.

 

            “Oh, your twins are adorable and I see you did a wonderful job with the nursery.”

 

            “Thank you.  Yes, I spent a lot of time with my Mom and our decorator to design this room.  I was lucky they were there to help me out.  I think the room turned out great,” So Min said.

 

            Mrs. Song looked around the room further.  The walls were painted in wide stripes with alternating colors of baby pink, lilac, white, baby blue, and green tea.  There were multiple-color schemes but since they were pastel colors they turned out to be pleasing to the eyes.  The bedding and mobile theme for So Hyun was soccer and ballerina princess for Hyun Mina.  The prints on the materials were darker to contrast the pastel colors of the walls.  The furniture was all in white to balance the color scheme of the entire room.  The room was modern but warm and inviting.

 

            “Thank you.  How about I show you your room, Mrs. Song?” So Min said.

 

            “Yes, that’s a good idea.”

 

            “Okay, So Min I will watch the twins while you are busy with Mrs. Song,” Hyun Joong said.

 

            So Min led Mrs. Song to the room next door.  So Min was thankful that Mrs. Song could stay with them as their live-in nurse.  She knew the twins will be a handful during feeding time, especially in the middle of the night.  She would also need a lot of her help when Hyun Joong travels for business.  She also wanted someone she could leave the twins with when she needs to drop by the dance studio and help out Seung Ah even for a few hours a week. She was glad everything worked out with Mrs. Song.

 

            “This will be your room.  We were not sure how to decorate the room so we made it as neutral as possible.”

 

            “The room looks great.  I like what you did with it,” said Mrs. Song.

 

            “I will ask Do-Han to bring your bags inside so you can start unpacking and get settled in.”

 

            “That would be nice.  Thank you.”

 

            “No problem at all and welcome again to our home.  In the meantime, I’ll return to the nursery and feed So Hyun.”

 

            By the time So Min returned to the nursery, Hyun Mina was asleep again.  She picked up So Hyun and started feeding him.

 

            “Do you mind if I go to the study and get some work done?” Hyun Joong asked So Min.

 

            “No.  Not at all, especially Hyun Mina is sleeping again.” 

 

            So Min was grateful that Hyun Joong took a few days from work after she gave birth.  She knew Hyun Joong was extremely busy and that his work has been piling up.

 

            Hyun Joong turned his computer on.  He had been monitoring his emails through his mobile phone and knew which ones he needed to attend to right away.  While looking at his emails he also contacted Mrs. Hwang, his assistant in his New York office. 

 

            “Hello Hyun Joong.  Before we start talking about work let me first congratulate you and So Min, and thank you for sending me those cute pictures of the twins.  They are adorable!”

 

            “Thank you Mrs. Hwang.  We’re very lucky to have them.”

 

            “I will fly there as soon as I get a chance to meet them in person.  Maybe on my next vacation.  That way I can also visit my relatives there.”

 

            “That would be great.  I’m sure So Min would like to meet you again and spend more time with you,” Hyun Joong said.  Mrs. Hwang met So Min for the first time at their wedding and did not get a chance to spend time with her, except for a brief introduction.

 

            Mrs. Hwang and Hyun Joong spent the next couple of minutes discussing about work.  After they spoke, Hyun Joong had a long list of things to do.  “This will definitely keep me busy for the next couple of days,” Hyun Joong said.

 

            “By the way before I forget, I received a call from Mrs. Yoon this morning.  She asked if you were available.  I don’t know Hyun Joong but I could sense the urgency in her voice.  She probably needs to talk to you but didn’t want to disturb you since So Min just had the twins.”

 

            “Okay, Mrs. Hwang.  I’ll give her a call and see if she needs me.”

 

            “Okay then and give my best to So Min please.”

 

            “I will Mrs. Hwang.  I promise,” then Hyun Joong was off the phone.

 

            Hyun Joong dialed Mrs. Yoon’s cell phone number. 

 

            “Hello Mrs. Yoon.  This is Hyun Joong.”

 

            “Hi Hyun Joong.  Sorry to bother you. I know you are busy with the twins but we need your help.”

 

            “Is everything okay, Mrs. Yoon,” Hyun Joong could sense the sadness in her voice.

 

            “It’s Hera, Hyun Joong,” Mrs. Yoon said and she started sobbing uncontrollably on the phone.

 

TO BE CONTINUED