The Sweet Honeymoon

The Business of Love

 

CHAPTER 12

 

            Hyun Joong removed the rest of his clothes.  He lay down next to So Min and continued kissing her.  He then gently removed So Min’s lingerie and caressed her beautiful body with his strong but gentle hands.  Hyun Joong pulled his lips away from So Min and explored her body further.  Wherever his hands went, his lips followed.  Hyun Joong’s touch made So Min’s entire body quiver.  Eventually Hyun Joong worked his way back to So Min lips.  So Min wrapped her arms around Hyun Joong’s neck and kissed him fervently.  She didn’t quite know what to do, but Hyun Joong patiently guided her.  Finally, Hyun Joong couldn’t wait any longer and gently claimed So Min.  Their bodies moved passionately in unison.  Both groaned with pleasure as they reached the peak of their passion. 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            So Min opened her eyes.  She could feel the warmth of the sun coming from the window.  She checked the time on the clock.  It was close to eleven in the morning.  Hyun Joong was still sleeping.  His left arm was wrapped around So Min’s body.

So Min could hear Hyun Joong snoring like a kitten.  She thought it was cute.

 

            So Min tried to get up.  She wanted to get a glass of water.  She did her best not to wake up Hyun Joong but it was too late.  Hyun Joong moved and woke up.

 

            “Hey, good morning,” Hyun Joong greeted So Min. 

 

            “Good morning.”

 

            “Are you okay?” 

 

            “Yes, I’m fine.”

 

            “I tried to be as gentle as possible last night,” Hyun Joong said and gave So Min a kiss on her forehead.

 

            “I know.  Thank you,” So Min said while biting her lower lip suddenly feeling conscious that she was completely next to Hyun Joong.  It will take some time before I get use to this, So Min thought.

 

            Suddenly they both heard So Min’s stomach growl.

 

            “I guess someone is hungry,” said Hyun Joong and they both started laughing.

 

            “I know it’s nice outside.  Do you want to eat out or should we order room service?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

            “I think I just want to stay in for now.  Let’s order room service.”

 

            “Room service it is.”

 

            An hour later, wearing their robes they ate their lunch on the balcony.  They opened the patio table umbrella and they were wearing their fashionable sunglasses to avoid direct sunlight.  So Min couldn’t help but admire how handsome Hyun Joong was wearing his sunglasses.  She also couldn’t help looking at his half exposed chest. She was tempted to touch them again just like the previous night.  He exuded such manliness she couldn’t take her eyes off him.  She was glad her sunglasses were able to hide her prying eyes.

 

While eating Hyun Joong’s cell phone rang. 

 

            “Excuse me,” Hyun Joong said.  He got up out of his chair and went inside their bedroom.

 

            Ten minutes later Hyun Joong returned to the balcony.

 

            “I’m sorry.  I know this is supposedly our vacation but I needed to take that call.  Actually, I might have to work a little bit during this trip if you don’t mind.  I’ll do my best to limit it as much as possible.  I promise.”

 

            “I don’t mind at all.  I will also check in with Seung Ah once in while to make sure everything is okay in the studio.”

 

            So Min was used to mixing vacation with work.  Growing up her father rarely went on vacation with her and her mother.  And on occasions that he was able to, he had to bring work with him.  So Min understood the demand of her father’s job and she could do the same for Hyun Joong. 

 

            “Since we are talking about work, I will be traveling back and forth between Seoul and New York a lot.  Some of these trips will be on short notice and I might be gone for a period of time. I hope you don’t mind.”

 

            So Min realized she was now talking to Hyun Joong the business man.  After all he wouldn’t be running a huge and successful company if he wasn’t driven to succeed.  He is just like my father, So Min thought.  

 

            “No.  I’m perfectly okay with it.  My father is the same way, so I’m used to it.”

 

            So Min half lied.  For some strange reason she felt a pang of jealousy.  She wondered if those trips meant Hyun Joong would be seeing more of He Ra.  Hyun Joong already told her that he and He Ra would be working a lot together since they both own the company.  She tried to quickly remove the thought from her mind.  I’m here with Hyun Joong.  This is what matters right now, she told herself.

 

            It was almost three o’clock in the afternoon when they finished lunch.  They decided stay out on the balcony for another hour to enjoy the nice view and their cocktail drinks. 

 

            “Can I ask you a question, Hyun Joong?”

 

            “Sure.”

 

            “How did you end up in New York?”

 

            “I received a scholarship to study in the United States when I was in college.  Then I worked full time in Wall Street and studied at night to pursue my MBA.”

 

            “When did you start your company?” So Min actually wanted to ask how he met He Ra but she couldn’t ask him the question directly.

 

            “About ten years ago.  He Ra’s family was one of my clients.  They wanted to set up their own investment bank.  They asked me to head it and they financed it.  I was quite young but they saw the potential in me and trusted me to run the business.  In return I worked hard to build the company to where it is right now and eventually ended up owning a good share of it. “

 

            So Min wanted to ask more questions but Hyun Joong’s phone rang again.  He excused himself and went inside their room to check an urgent email from work while on the phone.   So Min could tell Hyun Joong would be a while on the phone so she decided to go in the bathroom and showered. 

 

            When So Min got out of the shower, Hyun Joong was still busy on the phone.  She wrote him a note and told him that she would go for a walk on the beach and they could meet there when he was done working. She also told him that she would carry her cell phone with her.

 

            It was close to seven o’clock in the evening and the beach was pretty much deserted.  Most of the guests were already having their dinner.  So Min was enjoying the relaxing environment.  She couldn’t believe she was now married to Hyun Joong.  She remembered the night before and how intimate and special it was.   She didn’t realize such pleasure existed.  Her face turned red thinking about the previous night.  Her thoughts were disrupted when she heard a child crying.

 

            “Mommy, I want my Mommy,” cried the little boy.

 

            So Min looked around to see if the parents of the boy were nearby.  Since no one was around So Min approached the boy. 

 

            “Hello, what is your name?”

 

            “My name is Sean.”

 

            “Do you know the name of your Mom?”

 

            Instead of answering her question, the boy continued to cry.  So Min tried to calm the boy down.

 

            “Sean how about we go to the front desk and see if they can help us find your Mommy, okay?”

           

            “Okay,” the boy replied.

 

            So Min took Sean to the hotel lobby and asked the staff to help find the boy’s parents.  The staff made a few phone calls and finally they located the boy’s parents.  So Min did not leave until the boy’s parents showed up in the lobby.

 

            Christi and Matt Murphy, Sean’s parents, were very thankful to So Min.

 

            “Thank you so much, So Min!  We were worried sick when we couldn’t find him,” Christi said.

 

            “You’re welcome.  I’m glad I could help,” So Min said.

 

            “How about joining us for dinner tomorrow tonight?  Please, we insist.  That’s the least we can do for you,” Matt said.

 

            “I have to check with my husband first and I will let you know,” So Min said.  That’s another thing I need to get used to, calling him my husband, So Min thought.

 

            They exchanged room and phone numbers so they could finalize the dinner plan for the following evening.

 

            After talking to the Murphys, So Min headed back to their room and checked her cell phone.  She had a couple of missed calls from Hyun Joong.  She did not realize her phone was on silent.  There was also a text message form Hyun Joong which said:  “MY WIFE IS MISSING!?”  So Min thought it was funny and called Hyun Joong right away.  She told him about Sean and how the Murphys had invited them to dinner for the following evening.

 

            So Min and Hyun Joong decided to skip dinner that night since they were not too hungry.  They decided to go to The Veranda instead, the hotel’s lounge and listened to a live band playing.  The band started playing a slow number and the guests were invited to dance.  Hyun Joong asked So Min to dance which she gladly agreed to.  So Min wrapped her arms around Hyun Joong’s neck.  Hyun Joong pulled So Min closer to him and wrapped his arms around her waist.

 

            “I like being this close to you,” whispered Hyun Joong to So Min’s ear.

 

            “Me, too,” admitted So Min.

 

            Hyun Joong then lowered his face and gave So Min a kiss.  Their kisses started light and soft, and then they got deeper.  Hyun Joong held So Min even tighter as they were kissing and dancing.  The sensation was making So Min dizzy.

 

            “Let’s go back to our room.  I can’t stand it any longer.  I need you, now,” Hyun Joong whispered again.

 

            They rushed back to their room and they started removing each other’s clothing as soon as they closed the door behind them.  So Min was definitely less inhibited now than the previous night.  They touched and held each other with the intention to please.  They were hungry for each other.  Their need for each other was raw and intense.  They couldn’t get enough of each other and made love until they were spent.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            The next day So Min and Hyun Joong decided not to be cooped up in their room and went to have lunch at the Seaside Grill, the hotel’s restaurant by the beach. While having lunch, So Min heard someone called her name.

 

            “Auntie So Min, Auntie So Min,” it was Sean. 

 

He came running and gave So Min a hug.  So Min was caught by surprise.  She didn’t think the boy would be this affectionate towards her.  He looked adorable with his blond hair and blue eyes. 

 

“My sister and I will be playing on the beach, can you come with us?”

 

A few steps away were Christi and Matt and a little girl whom So Min assumed was their older daughter.

 

“Oh, Sean, please do not bother Auntie So Min.  She’s having her lunch,” Christi asked Sean.

 

“Don’t worry about it he’s not bothering us,” said So Min.  So Min then introduced Hyun Joong to the Murphys.

 

“How about we finish our lunch first, then we’ll join you later, okay?” So Min told Sean.  So Min looked at Hyun Joong to make sure he was okay with the plan.  Hyun Joong nodded in agreement.

 

“Promise, Auntie So Min?”

 

“Promise.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

So Min and Hyun Joong spent a few hours with the Murphys on the beach.  She and Hyun Joong played with Sean and their older daughter Sam.  They built sandcastles, played tag, and collected sea shells.  So Min went back to her beach chair to have a sip of her drink.  She watched Hyun Joong playing with the kids.  It was heartwarming to see how comfortable he was around them and was acting like a kid himself.  Sean and Sam adored him, just like her students.  I bet he will be a great father, So Min thought.

 

Hyun Joong decided to take a quick break himself and sat next to So Min. 

 

“Aren’t they adorable?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

“Yes, they are,” So Min agreed.

 

“You want to go back to our room now and make our own babies?”

 

What?

 

TO BE CONTINUED