The Start of Something Special

The Business of Love

 

 

CHAPTER 13

 

            “Babies, as in kids,” Hyun Joong said smiling.

 

            “Of course I know what you’re talking about.  It’s just I haven’t given it much thought since we just got married,” So Min said obviously surprised with Hyun Joong’s comment.  “Aren’t we going to wait a little while before we start having children?”

 

            “Why, wait?  Why, do you have any reservations?”

 

            “It’s not that.  It’s just the thought didn’t enter my mind until now.”

 

            “I have news for you, Sweetheart.  We are not using any protection,” Hyun Joong said giving So Min a naughty look.

 

            So Min realized Hyun Joong was right.  She was not on any birth control plan and Hyun Joong was not using any protection either.  I never paid attention to my cycle and I could be ovulating right now, she thought.  The notion made So Min worry.

 

            “Relax, I’m just teasing you,” Hyun Joong said after he noticed the look on So Min’s face.   “Besides, if it does happen, I don’t think we have anything to worry about.   By the way, just to let you know, I’ve been dying to take your top off since I saw you wearing your bikini this morning.”  Hyun Joong’s fingers reached for the strap of So Min’s top and started toying with it.

 

            “Stop it Hyun Joong.  The kids will see us,” So Min said.

 

            “I know.  I’m sorry.  How I wish we’re back in our room,” Hyun Joong said and gave a sigh of frustration.

 

            They stayed with the Murphys on the beach for another hour and they went back to their room.  Since they spent the morning on the beach, they decided to order in for lunch. 

 

            “I will be spending a few hours this afternoon on a teleconference with my staff in New York,” Hyun Joong said.

 

            “That’s fine.  I think I’m going to take a nap.  I’m exhausted and I’d like to rest before our dinner with the Murphys tonight.”

 

            “I’m tired too.  I will probably join you after my telecon.  Rest then and I’ll see you in a bit,” Hyun Joong said and gave So Min a quick kiss on her lips.

 

            So Min was so tired she fell asleep in no time.  Two hours later she woke up and heard Hyun Joong’s loud voice from the living room.  He sounded really upset.

 

            “No, you have to put a stop to that Mr. Hwang!  I’m expecting you to take care of this mess as soon as possible!  I will fly to New York right after my vacation.”

 

            So Min went to the living room to check what was going on.

 

            “Is everything okay, Hyun Joong?”

 

            “Not really.  I have some serious work to do after this trip.”

 

            “I know I can’t help much but is there anything I can do?”

 

            “Oh you’re such a sweetheart.  I’ll be fine but thanks for asking though,” Hyun Joong said then gave So Min a hug and held her for a while.

 

            So Min could feel Hyun Joong’s tensed body and  could tell something was seriously wrong that he was not telling her. He reminded her so much of her own father.  Her father never shared anything with her and her mother fearing he would unnecessarily upset them.

 

            “Just remember, I’m here if you need to talk or vent, okay?” So Min had a feeling the extra stress that Hyun Joong was going through was from his company saving his father’s company.  She wanted to help but there was little she could do, except to be there for him.

 

            “I know. Thank you,” said Hyun Joong.

 

            Suddenly Hyun Joong lifted So Min.

 

            “Where are you taking me?”

 

            “In the bedroom of course.  I want to make love to my wife.”

 

            “You’re insatiable!” So Min said while giggling.

 

            “How can I help it when I have a gorgeous wife?  Why, you don’t find me irresistible?”   

 

            “Hmmm…I’m not sure how to answer that.”

 

            “Really?  You’re in big trouble now Mrs. Kim.”

 

            One by one Hyun Joong slowly removed So Min’s clothing.  Every move he made was carried out really slow with the intention to make So Min want for more.  He seductively touched So Min everywhere but didn’t let her touch him nor allowed her to kiss him.  So Min was burning up and she wanted more of Hyun Joong.  So Min made several attempts to reach out and touch him but every move she made was stopped by Hyun Joong.  The torture was driving her crazy.

 

            “You have to admit it, you find me irresistible,” Hyun Joong whispered proving his point.

 

            “Oh shut up, you win.  Just kiss me and make love to me!” So Min begged in frustration.

 

            Hyun Joong made a big laugh and gladly granted his wife’ every wish.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            “What time is it?” asked So Min.  “We need to get ready soon for dinner.”

 

            “Oopss, we don’t have much time left, we’d better get ready.  How about we shower together?” Hyun Joong suggested.  Shower together?  Another thing I need to get used to, So Min told herself.

 

            So Min didn’t realize showering together could be fun and intimate at the same time.  They kissed, lathered each other up, and explored each other’s body.   It was like a .  Romantic and y at the same time, So Min thought. 

 

            “I don’t think this was a good idea.  Now I want to make love to you again,” Hyun Joong said.  “I’m addicted to you now.”

 

            So Min kissed Hyun Joong on his lips.  “I know, but we can’t be late for our dinner appointment.”

 

            They finally got ready.  So Min picked out a black dress for the dinner.  It was strapless with rectangular neckline. She styled her hair in a bun that complemented her dress.  Hyun Joong on the other hand was wearing a black suit and white t-shirt inside. 

 

            They met the Murphy’s at Hoku’s, the hotel’s restaurant with breath-taking views of the Pacific Ocean.  As usual Sean and Sam looked adorable in their more formal than usual outfits.  The kids insisted on sitting next to So Min and Hyun Joong.  They were a handful during dinner but Hyun Joong and So Min did not mind.  They found the kids amusing and entertaining.

 

            The Murphys are from Connecticut.  Matt is a lawyer working in New York City commuting by train while Christi runs a small catering business from home.  Matt and Hyun Joong had a lot to talk about since they both work in New York City.  So Min and Christi talked mostly about the children and So Min’s business.  Christi was fascinated about So Min’s dance studio.  So Min found out Christi was passionate about dancing and was a frustrated ballet dancer.

 

            After dinner it was bed time for the kids.  Christi and Matt hired a babysitter for the night so they could have drinks at The Veranda with Hyun Joong and So Min. 

 

            “This is nice.  We love our children dearly, but it’s good to once in a while have conversation with adults,” Christi said.  “And So Min thank you again for your help with Sean.  That was one scary evening,” Matt said.

 

            “I can just imagine so I’m glad I was there to help,” So Min said.

 

            That evening a jazz band was playing and they performed a series of standard songs.  Then it was time for audience participation.  The band asked for volunteers to sing with them.  No one dared to volunteer so Matt decided to volunteer Hyun Joong.

 

            “How about the newly-wed gentleman over here,” Matt yelled while pointing his finger to Hyun Joong.

 

            Hyun Joong was caught by surprise.  He tried to beg off but the audience was already cheering for him.  Finally he had no choice but to be a good sport and sing with the band.

 

            Hyun Joong told the band what song to play.  “This song is dedicated to my lovely wife So Min, who is sitting next to our new found friends Matt and Christi,” Hyun Joong announced while pointing to where So Min was sitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Kqrshbs74

            The band started to play and Hyun Joong sang Isn’t She Lovely.  To So Min’s surprise Hyun Joong was an excellent singer.  By the crowd’s reaction, she could tell the crowd was enjoying his performance too.  So Min couldn’t take her eyes off Hyun Joong.  He looked so handsome up on the stage and performed like a pro.  She couldn’t help but be proud of her husband.  Hyun Joong was singing as if he was talking to her and So Min felt like crying.  While watching him, an overwhelming feeling came over her.  At that moment she realized she was falling for him. 

 

 

            Their marriage was a business decision but So Min had to admit the times she spent so far with Hyun Joong were the best times of her life.  They started knowing so little about each other but the process of knowing Hyun Joong brought pleasant surprises for her.  Hyun Joong was more than a husband anyone could ask for.  In the short time they’ve been together she felt nothing but pure happiness with him. 

 

            After Hyun Joong’s performance everyone gave him a resounding round of applause.  Hyun Joong went back to his seat and sat next to So Min.

 

            “I hope you liked it, Sweetheart,” said Hyun Joong and gave So Min a kiss on her cheek. 

 

            To Hyun Joong’s surprise, So Min reached for his face and gave him a deep and passionate kiss on his lips. 

 

            “You two need to get a room,” joked Matt.

 

            So Min’s face blushed after she realized what she just did and they all started laughing.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            After spending time with the Murphys Hyun Joong and So Min decided to go for a walk on the beach.  They held hands while walking. 

 

            “You had a great time tonight?” asked Hyun Joong.

 

            “Yes, I did.  More than I expected.”

 

            “Me too.  The only thing is in a few days we will fly back to Korea and back to my extremely busy schedule.  The travelling will not help either.  I know it will be tough for us but I hope you will patient.” 

 

So Min could trace the sadness in Hyun Joong’s voice.  She didn’t say anything but she squeezed Hyun Joong’s hand tighter.

 

Hyun Joong got the message and hugged So Min.

“Sometimes I wish I’m not this busy but I’ve worked hard to get where I am.  And most importantly a lot of people rely on me.  I need to keep the company growing so I can keep my employees.  I’m sure you understand where I’m coming from since your father goes through the same thing.”

 

“Don’t worry.  We’ll make it work somehow.  Besides we can call each other anytime even when we are thousands of miles apart.”

 

“Even then, it’s not same being with you.”

 

“Well maybe once in a while I can come with you to New York.  Seung Ah is very competent to run the studio without me.”

 

            “Really, you are willing to do that for me?”

 

            “Of course,” So Min assured Hyun Joong.

 

            “Oh, So Min I’m really lucky to have you.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            Hyun Joong and So Min made the most out of their last few days in Hawaii.  They spent time touring the island, enjoyed water sports, and made love every chance they could get.  For So Min, those were the best days of her life.

           

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

After a long flight Hyun Joong and So Min made it safely back home.  They went straight to their new home. 

 

“This is the first time we’re entering our house as a married couple so I need to carry you,” Hyun Joong said while lifting So Min.

 

He carried her directly to their bedroom and laid her on the bed.  Hyun Joong was about to kiss So Min when his phone rang.

 

Hyun Joong was silent for a while and was intensely listening on the phone.  “Okay, I will fly out to New York tonight and I will see you as soon as I get there,” Hyun Joong said and then hung up the phone.

 

“Who was that?” So Min asked.

 

“It was He Ra.”

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED