Finale.

Coffee.

It's today. Today is the day she's going to find her voice again.

 

"Today we have a special performance for open mic night! You've seen her around, you've drank the fabulous coffee she made. She's the one who mSeends this store... Let's welcome, our very own... Chae Eun!!!!" said the voice. Her boss invites her to the stage and sets the mic onto the mic stand.

"Break a leg" her boss whispered to her, as he gives her a pat on the shoulder and walks away with the smile.

She looks at the crowd. Most of them are familiar faces. Faces she's seen before... she's made their coffee. Their faces are warm and non-judging, unlike the faces that scrutinised her 12 yrs ago. He sees him at the back of the crowd. Tablo and DJ Tukutz were there too, along with Choiza and Gaeko from Dynamic Duo.

"Hwaiting!" Mithra shouts. The crowds clapping, welcoming her. She sits on the stool, and puts her guitar on her lap. She adjusts the microphone and clears . She's shaking. She's nervous. This is it. After 12 years, she's finally performing in front of the crowd. She closes her eyes and let her fingers strum on her ibanez semi-acoustic. She opens and lets her voice out. She sang. She sang her lungs out. .

She sings her last note, and strummed her last chord. Silence. That's all she heard. If a pin fell, it will be heard. Her song has ended. but there was silence. She slowly opens her eyes. One by one, the crowd started their applause. Some were on their feet. Some were whistling. The response was overwhelming. She felt tears in her eyes. Finally she found her voice.

***

After the performance, she's back behind the counter. She makes him his latte with a smile upon her face, even though he didn't order, and went to his table where he was sitting with his friends. She puts the coffee down and mouthed a thank you to him.

"AWESOME. You were AWESOME!" Tablo said. "Mithra wasn't kidding when he said your voice was beautiful."

"Thank you," she said. "I... I was nervous..."

"Hyung, did you know, that THAT was her FIRST ever public performance?" Mithra said.

"CHINCHA?!?!" they all said in unicent.

"Errr... Yeah......." She shyly replied. "Thanks for coming, and listening to me."

"You should sing more. You should invite us next time you sing too! We'd love to hear you again," Choiza said.

"I will... and... err yeah. Thank you again... and.. err.. come again for coffee." She said. She can't hide her happiness, even though she tries. She's an Epik High and Dynamic Duo fan.. and they were there to hear her sing! Her heart was beating too fast. She bowed another time, and walked back to the counter.

"Mithra............ do you like her?" Tukutz suddenly asked, causing Mithra to choke on his coffee at the unexpected question.

"Mwo?" Mithra said.

"Come on. We know you. Did u even see your face when she was singing? You were... beaming..." Choiza joked.

"I don't know... Maybe..." Mithra says.

 

***

Chae Eun pulled the shutter down. It was a long and eventful night. "You're smiling a lot tonight," said a voice, causing her to jump in surprise.

"You scared me," She said, patting her chest. It was past midnight, and hearing that low voice so suddenly in the dark did scare her a bit.

"Did I scare you, I'm sorry," he chuckled.

"It's ok," she says. "The feeling of having so many listen to you sing, for a moment, you get them to listen to what you have to say... I don't know.. the feeling is.. indescribable..."

"I know right?" He says.

"Thank You." She says again.

"You know... Why did you use the name Dewi before?" he asked.

"Oh.. that name.. well, my late father used to work overseas a lot. There was a time where he was based in Indonesia. He says that Dewi means goddess or something like that. He said that I was his goddess who brings him joy. I just liked the sound of it..." she explains while she shrugs.

"Oh. That's nice.. Well, Mithra is the God of Truth and Light in an ancient Iranian religion.... doesn't that make us a match made in heaven?" he says too fast that it sounds like a mumble jumble of words.

"What?" She said, pretending not to hear.

"Err.. Nothing." He says... scratching the back of his head. Clearly embarrassed by what he said.

She giggles. "Arasseoyo..." She says.

He walked her home, without being asked. And they enjoyed each other company, even though the walk is pretty much silent.

He knows that that night wasn't the last time he's going to hear her voice....

 

#End#

 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the hasty ending. I ... am out of ideas... haha.... Thanks for reading everyone :)