Solitude.

Coffee.

 

It's almost midnight, and Mithra stepped out of his studio to get some fags. He's out, and he cant write without his cigs. It was late and the convenience store was only a few blocks away, so he decided to walk.
He passes the cafe and noticed that the lights were still on, despite the fact the chairs has been overturned and placed on the table, all packed up for the night. He sees a familiar figure, Sitting on a stool On the the tiny stage. As he draws nearer, he hears a faint sound of music, muffled by the glass. He pushed the door to find it not yet locked.
 
Mithra froze at the door. Its the barista. The same one who makes the perfect latte, the chubby and shy softspoken girl who always has her head down, and who always tries hides her face behind the counter. Its the same girl he sees everyday, and for once, she held her head up. she is strumming the guitar and singing with her eyes closed, totally immersed in her music. Her voice. Her voice is so captivating. She sang a sad song. A song about solitude and loneliness. She meant every word she sang and mithra knows it, for he could feel her sorrow in every note she sang. Somehow, he felt like he's heard this voice before.
 
The music stops and mithra applauded. She looks up, shocked. She didnt know that someone was listening. "why did u hide that beautiful voice?" Mithra asked, a chuckle escaped his lips. He just couldn't believe that the barista he sees everyday could sing like that..
 
The look upon her face changed from shocked to one of fear combined with hate. "The cafe is closed. get out. And Don't mock me." she said as she pushed mithra out the door, and locked it from inside.
 
Mithra was baffled. What just happened? He asked himself. All he gave was a compliment. That was certainly not the reaction he expected.