Latte.

Coffee.

 

 


 
I've gotta stop staring. I took cold milk out of the fridge and poured it in the pitcher. I placed the nozzle of the steam wand and started to stretch and steam the milk. I have no orders for latte or cappucino or any of that sort. And im wondering to myself.... why am i doing this again?
 
Oh no. He's walking to the counter. "Excuse me... " he said. I wanted to reply but my lips were numb.I turned off the milk steamer, purged the air, and wiped the nozzle..... "ouch!" crap. my finger touched the nozzle... and i've been doing this for years. aish. What are you doing to me? 
 
"are you ok?" he asked worriedly.
 
"I'm ok. this happens often," I lied.
 
"be careful," he says.
 
"how can I help you?" I asked. Trying not to look interested.
 
"Can I get a Latte please?" he answered.
 
"Coming right up."
 
I fixed him a latte right away..... carefully "drawing" coffee art onto the textured milk foam, and served him his latte.
 
"you've improved. and Thank you... " he smiles that heart melting smile of his, took his coffee and walked away...
 
My heart was pounding. improved? Have he noticed me before? my mind wondered.
 
nah. that won't happen. Not in a million years. He's Mithra Jin. Epik High's Rapper Mithra Jin...
 
I'm just a fat nerdy barista whom he'll never see as a woman.
 
at least... he knows I exist.