Suspicion

Love is patient; Love is kind

 

Time Period: August 2007 (SNSD Debut with Into the New World @ Inkigayo); POV: Leeteuk’s; Setting: Backstage

------------------------------------------

They started.

They started dancing and singing with Taeyeon having the first line and I couldn’t help but feel proud. It’s weird, right, that I would feel like this when they’re not even in my group?  But those girls right there, they’re like my sisters. I feel like their big brother that has to protect them. No one told me I should be like this, it just naturally happened.

The best part of it all was seeing those hardworking and cute girls finally make it through all the hardships they went through. Their dreams came true. I couldn’t stop smiling and clapping for them, but then almost all of the Super Junior guys were staring at me

Hyung, I think you’re a bit too excited here.” Eunhyuk voiced out, breaking me from my trance. I looked at him in confusion, what is he talking about? Isn’t this normal?

“Can you blame me? We were the ones to help them along with the others.” I replied, raising an eyebrow at them.

“Still though, you look like you’re about to cry from happiness or something.” Heechul voiced out, raising his eyebrow back. “Something going on?”

“No. I’m just happy for them. Is that so bad?” I looked at Chul this time, getting a little annoyed and probably showing it.

“No no, unless you have something going on with one of them.”

“I did hear hyung ask Taeyeon out today.” Donghae said, causing the others to stare at me with wide eyes.
“For your information, I didn’t ask her out. I just asked her to meet up with me. We’re just friends, I’m her oppa and she’s my dongsaeng.

“Oh really? Then where are you taking her?” Kangin asked. I mentally face palmed myself knowing that the answer would just set their suspicions up even more. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I responded. “I was going to take her out for some ice cream because she likes it a lot… just to celebrate for today. Happy?”

All of the guys annoyingly started to celebrate. I swear I have to take care of 5-year-olds. I rolled my eyes jokingly at them and laughed regardless of their misconception. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I need to get ready for this ‘date’.”  I shook my head as I turned around from them, leaving their gossip behind me.

A few hours later, I woke up from my nap. I decided to check my phone to see if Taeyeon responded on whether she could hang out with me today or not and I saw nothing. I sighed, hoping she hadn’t forgotten to ask since now it would be extremely last minute.

With the phone in my hands, I sighed once again before opening it and sending a message. “Taeyeon-ah, are you able to hang out with me today?” In the matter of just a few seconds, she responded.

Aigo oppa, sorry! I forgot to tell you that I’ll be able to go as long as you bring me back before the company’s celebration. I’m just so forgetful ㅠ.ㅠ” I chuckled at the reply, thinking her response was more than cute.

That’s alright haha. Oppa was just worried you couldn’t come. I’ll meet you up in 15 minutes in front of your dorm ok?

I’ll be ready then! :D” I smiled once again before placing the phone on the table beside my bed and going to the closet, changing my clothes from the sleeping ones to casual ones. I checked myself in the mirror before going out to the living room, where all of the guys were smirking at me.

“What now?” I said, exasperated. Before they could reply, I rushed or almost ran to the door, closing it behind me and smiling.

I walked in a leisure pace, knowing that I had more than enough time to get to SNSD’s dorm, plus I didn’t want to rush her. As I was walking though, I kept thinking that maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to ask her to hang out with me. I might be taking time off of her to practice and that might cause her to get more stressed… Dang, why didn’t I think of this earlier?... But then if she agreed to hang out with me, then she’s ok with it. Yet what if she did it out of pity? Crap crap crap crap crap.

I reached their door and I stood in the front nervously. What if the girls are mad at me for taking their leader away at such time? I rocked my feet back and forth in thought for a good minute before knocking on the door. If anything would happen, I would just have to apologize.

“Oppa!” Jessica answered, smiling and giving me a warm hug. I smiled back, happy to see yet another one of my dongsaengs. Well I guess they’re not mad at all then. “What are you doing here?” She asked. She doesn’t know then?

“I’m picking Taeyeon up to hang out a bit before the party.” I smiled again, removing my arms from her and placing them back on my sides. She smiled even more, with twinkling eyes it seemed. Please don’t tell me…

“LIKE ON A DATE?!” She said loudly, making the other girls turn around and squeal, jumping to see what the commotion was all about.

“Actually n-“ I started to reply when I was interrupted by someone else.

“No girls, just as friends.” Taeyeon responded, shaking her head at them. “Don’t make oppa uncomfortable by asking that.” She smiled at me, waving hello before moving by my side.

“Oppa? Since when do you call him oppa?!” Sooyoung exclaimed. “You call him that today and you expect us to think nothing’s going on?” I frowned at them. Why would they think this?

“Yes because it’s the truth. Plus why would I hide something like this from you guys?” To this everyone become quiet. They knew she had a point.

“Exactly.” She laughed and put her arm around me. “Now can I go with oppa then?” They all nodded and waved goodbye to us. It’s surprising, once again how she can influence them this easily. Turning around, Taeyeon dragged me with her outside as I shook my head, smiling again from admiration.

“So oppa, where are we going?” She looked up at me. Poor shorty must lift her head a lot to look at me. “Oh you just follow me.” I said to her as I started walking to the left down the hall and into the elevator. Today would be a very fun day.

--------------

Dictionary once again :P Words in bold are defined here.

  • Hyung (형) the term a man uses to describe another man who is older than him. This term is used when they're close to each other though.
  • Dongsaeng (동생) the term the older person uses to describe the younger person.

----

Also sorry for the cliffhanger. I was going to do the "date" in this chapter but it was getting long and I wanted it to be detailed. If you see any errors in English grammar or anything, please do tell me. English isn't my first language and sometimes I make small mistakes and I'd like to correct them.

Thanks for reading guys. :)