Goodbye Leeteuk

Goodnight, Ryeowook. [Ryeowook x You]

You woke up startled as you heard your phone ringing beside you. You answered the call with your eyes barely open.

You: "Yoboseyo?"

Caller: "Yoboseyo... We have to speak."

You: "Who is this?"

Leeteuk: "Oh, it's Leeteuk! Have you not learnt my voice yet?"

You: "Oh, sorry oppa! What were you saying?"

Leeteuk: "We have to speak." He stated in a serious tone.

You: "What is it, oppa?"

Leeteuk: "...No, I have to tell you in person. Will you come to the dorm?"

You: "Okay, I'm on my way!"

You hung up on the phone with concern showing on your face. You jumped out of bed, quickly shoved on some clothes and made your way to the dorm as fast as you could. After around 20 minutes you finally reached the entrance to the building, stepped inside and hurried to the elevator. You made it to the noisy 12th floor and knocked on the door timidly. A pale looking Leeteuk opened the door and gestured you inside. The members from the 11th floor had gathered here too, you smiled awkwardly.

Leeteuk: "Everyone... I need to tell you something. I'm... Leaving for the military on Sunday..."  He said slowly.

The atmosphere in the room had suddenly turned cold as everyone stared at their leader.

Eunhyuk: "What... So soon..? You gave us three days notice that you're leaving for two years..? ...Why... Why didn't you tell us?"  Eunhyuk had tears in his eyes. He looked to the floor and closed his eyes tightly. You could see a tear fall onto the floor. Yesung who was stood beside him gave him a comforting hug as he sobbed into his hands.

Leeteuk: "I... I'm sorry. I didn't want to tell you as we were having so much fun making the album, I didn't want to bring the mood down..."

Ryeowook soon dropped his face into his hands, you could hear him crying. You could feel your own eyes burn up. You made a sour expression and could feel two large hands caressing your back as you sobbed into somebody's chest. You looked up to see Sungmin smiling weakly at you, convincing you that everything will be fine. Everyone seemed to have a little cry as you heard the heart breaking news. Once everyone had calmed down they spoke quietly to their leader with kind, solemn words that were truly caring.

*Ring, ring*

Call incoming: 'Birthday girl!'

You: "Yoboseyo?" You said sniffing.

Caller: "Yoboseyo. Are you crying? What's wrong?!"

You: "It's... Leeteuk is leaving... For the military..."

Caller: "What? When? Are you okay? I'll be on my way to your house now!"

You: "I'm not home... I'm at the dorm. Please come... I'll tell you about it here."

Caller: "I'm on my way!"

You hung up and waited for your friend. You sat by Leeteuk awhile and he apologized for not telling you sooner. You couldn't hold back more tears at the thought of not seeing him for two whole years, you began to cry out loud once again while he put his strong arms around you. You rested your head on his shoulder and wept till there were no tears left to cry. There was a loud knock at the door. Leeteuk answered to reveal your friend who ran in as fast as she could and grabbed you tightly. Leeteuk watched helplessly as she cradled you like a mother.

You: "He's leaving on Sunday..."

Friend: "Aish, the day after my birthday... We should have a party. A leaving party for our dear Teukie oppa." You nodded and sat upright, trying to keep strong. You breathed deeply and walked over to Leeteuk, wished him the best and held him tightly. Leeteuk then jolted slightly and asked you to go to his room with him. You told your friend to socialize as you walked with Leeteuk. You both sat on his bed.

Leeteuk: "Ryeowook... He's been talking a lot about you lately. I heard him go back to the dorm at 11:30pm yesterday! Everyone was so worried about him... What had happened between you two..?"

You: "What?! It was that late?! ...We just had tea..." 

Leeteuk: "The guys told me he left at 10:40am... That's," He paused for a moment, counting in his head. "13 hours? What could you do in that time? Is there something going on that you aren't telling me?" He had a hint of anger in his voice.

You: "Of course not! I'd tell you if anything had happened... Of course I would, you're my best friend..."

Leeteuk: "Of course... I'm sorry. But what did you do in all that time? 13 hours... He spent all day with you."

You: "I'm not really sure... It felt like a much shorter time... We even drove to my house to save time!"

Leeteuk: "Really? Then... Maybe I'll ask Ryeowook..."  He smiled.

You: "N-No! You can't!" You shouted. Leeteuk stared at you for a while with a confused look. "I mean... What if he gets suspicious..? Or something..."  You trailed off, mumbling things under your breath. Leeteuk stared at you with the same expression, that turned into a smirk, then a giggle, then he left the room without a word. "Hey, Teukie, you aren't going to--!" You were cut off by the door closing, you cursed under your breath.
The door opened again quietly creaking and you looked up to see Ryeowook standing by the door frame. Your heart started to race as you saw him standing there. He slowly walked till he was standing right in front of you, you kept your head down while your skin burned as he sat beside you on Leeteuk's bed.
You: "H-Hello" You tried to clear your throat of the stutter.

Ryeowook: "Hello" He sounded as nervous as you did. "I... Have something to tell you, but promise you won't laugh, or anything..." You thought you would set on fire with how your skinned burned, you lifted your head up and looked him in the eyes.

You: "What is it?"

Ryeowook: "I..." He paused and laughed a little. "The past few days... I seem to be finding myself... Liking you... a lot..." He stared at you, waiting for a response. You thought Ryeowook would be able to feel the heat beaming off of your skin. You wanted to give a response but you had no idea what to say, instead you just move your lips, waiting for something to come out. 

Ryeowook: "I'm sorry... I made you uncomfortable... I'll go..." You saw his eyes tear up as he raced out of the room and slammed the door unwillingly behind him. You mentally face-palmed yourself and wanted to scream curse words as loud as you could for everyone to hear. But instead, you let a tear roll down your cheek and cupped your face in your hands.  "You idiot..." You scolded yourself lightly. You looked up at the door, ran out of the dorm ignoring the shouts of the other members and ran outside of the building.

You sat on the kerb of the path under a lamp post. You saw Eunhyuk leaning against the building beside you. His eyes and nose were red and puffy, it was obvious he was crying not long earlier. He sniffed up and sat beside you, sighing loudly as he did. He said nothing, just sat and looked at you a little, offering you a pack of tissues. You took a tissue out of the packet and started dabbing your eyes lightly. "Thank you." You said quietly. Eunhyuk just nodded, his chin shivering, knowing that if he spoke he would start to cry again. He closed his eyes as tight as he could. "I should go..." He stood and made his way back to the dorm. You started to make your way back home slowly.

You stepped into your house, made your way to the freezer and took out a big tub of ice cream. You felt bad after what happened, and just after Leeteuk's news, too. How much worse could Ryeowook feel? But then your brain suddenly snapped; Ryeowook liked you back! You'd wished for nothing more than him to confess to you, but when he did you made it worse. You looked at your phone; Three missed calls: 'Leeteukie!' You ignored the calls.


 

--- Over at the dorm ---

 

Kyuhyun: "Hey, what's that noise?" Kyuhyun walked into one of the rooms to find Ryeowook sobbing into his hands. He quickly sat down beside him and put his arm around his shoulders. "Wookie, what's wrong?"

Ryeowook: "I'm such an idiot..." He sniffed.

Kyuhyun: "what are you talking about?"

Ryeowook: "You'll think I'm stupid, but... I told her... I told her I liked her... In that way..."

Kyuhyun: "Is that why she ran out so suddenly? What exactly did she say?"

Ryeowook: "Nothing. She said nothing at all. She just stared at me like I'm some sort of idiot." 

Kyuhyun: "Ryeowook! You are an idiot! Aish... If you had any idea how much she liked you..."

Ryeowook: "What?"

Kyuhyun: "Yeah, babo, she likes you too. She would never stop staring at you or talking about you the first moment she saw you." He smiled.

Ryeowook: "But she never even... She never..."

Kyuhyun: "Never what?"

Ryeowook: "...i don't know." He sighed deeply. "And now I've messed everything up, right?" He laughed at himself slightly, frowning as he did.

Kyuhyun: "Not necessarily. You should go see her. If I were you, I'd go right now!" Kyuhyun had a wide grin on his face.