Nowhere to hide

What about Him?

My life...is over. 

Jinki thought. When he witnessed Lee Joon standing at the entrance of Jonghyuns hospital room, he noticed that Joons eyes were wide and mouth slightly open in shock, and with that expression the nerd already knew that Joon saw everything, from the time when Jinki leant in to kiss Jonghyun, all the way up to when Jinki closed his eyes in the heat of the moment.

Now the nerd was really nervous, because joon was just standing there, staring at him as if Jinki was some kind of ghost. Jinki didn't care what was going to come out of the bullies mouth as long as he said something, he would atleast have an idea of what Joon woud do to him by the comment he'll recieve, but instead joon just kept staring at him, and jinki stared at him right back with the same expression as the bully except his was more worried then stunned. 

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Joon started to relax his face, and to Jinki's surprise there was a smirk at the corner of joon's mouth, with one of his eyebrows raised, the bully folded his arms to his chest and leaned his shoulder on the side of the entrance, eyes never leaving Jinki's own. Jinki was confused, he was really anxious to know what was on joons mind right now because as far as jinki was concerned, this was not really a normal reaction you would expect from a homophobic, ignorant, arrogant, bully.

" You know..out of all the times I absentmindedly called you a , I didnt take into consideration that you actually are one, hah, this year is going to be interesting."

Joon stated. As Joon left the room swiftly and calmly, Jinki was in a frozen state, his whole body tensed at the words Joon spoke and they way he said it, so calm and collective but devious none the less.

When Joon said those words to Jinki, the nerd immediatley thought of every possible negative scenario that could happen to him now that its been officially confrmed to his bully that he's gay, and even worse, he has a undeniable crush on his popular bestfriend.

Im ed.

~~~~

That following day, Jonghyun eventually woke up and Jinki couldnt even be happy about that because the only thing that seemed to occupy his mind was what Joon will do to him now that he knows Jinki's two major secrets that he tried to keep but failed on that fateful day.

He went home 5 minutes after Jonghyun woke up mainly because he didnt want to worry Jonghyun or god fobid tell about anything that happened while he was sleeping because since they knew eachother basically their whole lives, Jonghyun can read his best friend like an open book no matter how serious the situation is, no matter what condition hes in, hell always know when somethings wrong. So Jinki left as soon as he could making up the excuse that his mom will be worried since it was 8:00 when he left the hospital after all and suprisingly Jonghyun fell for it and waved his friend off with a smile.

When the nerd reached home he greeted his mother like ususal and told her the reason why he was coming home so late, his mom was surprised at the news and promised to send a get well card and bake cookies for Jinki to give to Jonghyun. Jinki spipped dinner once again insisting to his mom that he wasn't hungry, wished his mom goodnight and went straight to his bedroom.

As soon as the door closed Jinki leaned his back and head against it, closing his eyes from how overwhelmed he felt, letting out a deep breath and sliding down the door slowly, making his knees meet up to his chest just taking his life problems.

Finally, when his thoughts and lonliness get the best of Jinki, it becomes entirely to much to handle and he cries silently,

he didnt sob hysterically, he didnt throw a tantrum, he didnt wail out his emotions audibly

he just cried silently.

At that moment, it was the only thing he could do.

The next morning, it was like a truck of hope and faith hit Jinki right in his soul, the nerd suddenly had a bolt of determination to face his fears and go right up to Joon and settle things with him immediately, he doesnt know where those sudden balls grew from but he was glad he grew them overnight.

Jinki launched out of his bed and prepared to go to school, he took a long and hard look at himself in the bathroom mirror and inhaled a deep breath then exhaled exaggeratedly, splashed his face with water a few times and dried it with a small towel, he caught a glimpse of himself again looking suprisingly superior he couldnt help but make a little nod to himself and walked out the bathroom ready to face his big day.

Jinki made his way to the kitchen and ate his breakfast slipped on his school shoes and kissed his mom on the cheek goodbye.

On his way to the bus stop, JInki was practicing in his head how he was going to approach Joon, if he was gooing to confront Joon he most defenitely had to do it right. 

Alright Jinki were just going to go up to the big bad wolf and say.."listen up Joon, I will NOT take..." 

no no no thats bad, if I start off with that tone he'll punch me on the spot...alright ill start off like

"Joon..what you saw yesterday is not what it looks like....."

Oh who am I kidding! what he saw was exactly what it looked like!

ok ok ok ok Jinki FOCUS! alright i'll just say "look Joon, please be sensitive and considerate of my situation and forget  this never happened?" 

ah , no he wont, not even if I begged on my knees.

it, i'll just improvise and act on a whim like I always do....

im such a coward 

I might just do anything he says, as long as he doesnt tell Jonghyun, cause if he did, that would really ruin me for sure.

Jinki finally got on the bus to school, still thinking intently on how he was going to approach Joon. When he reached to school, he went to his first and second period like he normally does and noticed that nobody was giving him any stares nor paying Jinki no mind, like they normally don't, for once Jinki was actually thankful that no one was since he half expected Joon to tell the whole school already. Although that fact made him even more scared of what Joon had in store for him. 

Atlast, lunchtime came around quicker than what Jinki expected, when he walked out of his last class to get his lunch, thats when he spotted him, his bully, his fate maker, Joon.

Its now or never.

Jinki said to himself while making the quick decision to walk right up to Joon.

Jinki walked slow and timidly towards Joon, starting to regret every step he was taking and when he was noticed by Joon, who was talking to his group still, it was like the bully knew this was coming and was already 10 steps ahead of Jinki in this little game.

Joon had a piercing gaze, his eyes were sharp, never leaving Jinki's, with that infamous grin on his face, not even a demon could compare with.

In that moment everything felt like it was in slow motion, Jinki's movements, the people walking around the halls, Joons gaze, everything.

Before he could even process whats happening around himself, Jinki was already standing infront of Joon, it was amazing to the nerd how he didnt even realise when he got there, but there he was and now was the time speak up and speak now.

Jinki closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, he opened his eyes only to meet Joon's same pirecing gaze and demonic grin, but that did not change his mind about finally confronting Joon.

"Joon..." Jinki finally spat out, catching the attention of Joons clique

Joon raised his eyebrows as to sort of beckon Jinki to go on with his request

the nerd glanced at Joon's clique and then back at Joon,

"umm..c-can I talk to you alone for a second p-please?" Jinki said shakily

"Why?" Joon replied with amusment in his tone

"Joon..-"

"Jinki Jinki..Jinki, whatever you need to say to me can be said here can't it?" Joon said, as he looked towards his friends then back to Jinki with the same grin plastered on his face.

"Joon...p-please? I really need to talk to only you, just, please?"

" Well since you asked so nicely..." Joon suddenly leaned in extremely close to Jinki's ear making the boy shiver

" Meet me at the school rooftop in 10 mintues... "

Jinki felt a litte pain in his chest after hearing Joons say that offensive word ''. It hurt the nerd to know that it was all the bully ever thought of him and it will be all everyone thought about him if Joon decideds to tell  the school. Just a '', no one could undertsand how much you could hurt a person of difference with just that one word, its not fair, to feel inadequate just becuase someone is a bit different than everyone else. Jinki could only take that kind of treatment for so long before he really breaks.

The nerd walked up the four flights of stairs all the way to the rooftop, when he reached, he took a seat on the ground with his back pressed against the brick wall, his forearms was resting on his knee caps and his head layed low. Jinki's heart was a beating a mile a minute just anticipating Joon's presence, this was it, his fate was gonna be decided right on this rooftop. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath then let it out, thats when he heard the door close from the roof and his head immediately snapped up only to see Joon walking towards him. Jinki immediately got to his feet to meet joon eye to eye. The bully didn't have that mischevious grin on his face anymore, he looked serious this time, which surprised Jinki a bit since it always looked as though joon took everything as some kind funny game for his own personal amusement. Jinki was going to speak first so he can explain himself, if he was going to plead with Joon he was going to do it right. 

" Joon, I just want to say that....what you saw at the hospital the other day it..it-"

" let me guess, it wasn't what it looked like?" Joon interrupted.

" Actually...no, it was exactly what it looked like Joon."

Joon raised his eyebrows to that comment, looking a bit taken aback that Jinki would admit to it this quickly.

"Im-Im..I'M madly in love with my best friend Kim Jonghyun, and its been like that ever since middle school, I-I couldnt help these feelings I had for him, I tried getting over it, tried to see if I can feel the same way I feel for Jonghyun with a girl, I thought about it and tried but... it just didn't work. So yes, I'm gay, and yes, Im hopelessly in love with my straight bestfriend, I admit. However Joon-"

Suddenly Jinki got down on his knees stretching his hands out on the ground and bending his back so his face was near Joon's shoes

"Im begging you. PLEASE don't tell jonghyun, you can do anything to me, whatever you want and whenever you want, but the only thing I ask of you is to not tell Jonghyun I BEG YOU!"

Joon stood there, shocked. speechless. Stunned. Just gaping down at Jinki with wide eyes. The bully wasn't aware of how deep the love Jinki has for his bestfriend was. Joon's surprised expression instantly turned into a sly grin. He knew exactly what to do with the begging nerd at his feet. In that moment,Whatever dignity that was left in Jinki immediately vanished, and Joon knew that and wasnt going to hestitate in taking full advantage of the nerd's lost pride.

Joon got down on one knee to get close enough to Jinki's level, he hooked his finger under Jinki's chin so he can make eye contact. jinki's eyes were watery but no tears spilled, his lip was caught between his teeth while his jaw was clenched. Jinki looked defeated and thats exactly how Joon wanted it to be.

"From now on, your my slave."

JInki gulps

"you'll do and say anything that I demand of you"

Jinki bites his lip harder almost drawing blood

"and if you disobey...well, you know what will happen"

Jinki lets a small tear slip down his cheek

"Meet me at the rooftop again tommorrow morning, ill be waiting for you with a contract."

Jinki's eyes widened

Joon then smirked, winked at jinki then walked away swiftly. All you can hear was the click of Lee Joon's shoe heel and the door slamming shut.

Jinki still remained on the concrete floor with the same facial expression Joon had left him with. Defeated.

 

After hours of moping Jinki finally decided to wipe away his tears, get up from the corner of the rooftop and just get the out of there. Jinki would go see Jonghyun but the last time he did it obviously didnt end so well. Jinki skipped his classes, which was new to him, although the feeling made Jinki alot more freer, and uncaring of the consequences. All Jinki could think about at the moment was being Lee Joon's personal slave. Just the thought of following every command of Joon everyday for god knows how long, makes the nerd cringe.    

While heading home,Jinki coldnt help but wonder what Joon has in store for him. when given a position to be someones slave your going to expect the worse, he thought. This nerd really did not know what he was in for. When Jinki arrived home, he just went straight to his room and locked himself in there the whole night, not even coming out to eat nor greet his mom home properly. He was in a moment of grieving and needed his room to be solitude. Jinki needed to clear his mind, he needed, closure.

If anything, there is nothing he can do but accept his fate, he is going to be Lee Joons personal slave starting monday, as soon as the of his pen prints his signature on that contract, than the deed is officially done.

 

*******

Jinki is nervous as .

Every step Jinki took up the stairs to the rooftop, his heart picked up speed. When finally opeing the door to the rooftop his heart sunk to his stomach, he saw Joon leaning on the rail with his back facing the nerd, his hair blowing in the wind, and taking drags of his almost finished cigarette, Joon officially looked like a leader of a junior mafia.

Jinki gulped and walked quietly and briskly towards joon.

hes so close to that railing, he might fall over...hopefully. Oh NO jinki dont think things like that....but what if I just push him real quick and make it look like it was accident..hmm..Ok Jinki just stop, you are NOT a murderer, you will handle this like a man!! well, here it goes-

"your en late."

Joon stated right before Jinki was about to tap his shoulder.

he didn't even turn around, how did he..?

"o-oh uhh im sorry."

"When your my slave, on my time, your never late. got that?"

"O-ok"

"Good. Anyways heres the contract, make sure to look it over thoroughly, and I want to hear your decision after school has  finished. If you agree on these terms ill have a pen in my pocket waiting for you right here, but, if you disagree, well you know what happens.."

and just like that Lee joon walked away giving Jinki a devious wink and a sly smirk.

Right then was decision making time, eventhough they both know the answers gonna be yes, Jinki actally appreciates the fact that Joon let him absorb all of this and gave him a little more time to think and just breath. However he still thinks Joon is the devils child. No matter what soft side the bully has, he can never forgive Joon and never forgive this.

When lunch time came around, the nerd finally got the time to read what the contract has to offer, surprisingly it only has a few rules and Joons signture on it and a line to put Jinki's signature on as well.

I_______ hereby swear to follow these rules of conduct under my hishchool mate Lee Joon which consist of the following:

 

1.  Do everything and anything asked of me by Lee Joon and only Lee Joon.

2.  Have no sort of parent or legal guardian involved as well as other higher authorites such as the principal, school board, police etc.

3.  I will not expose any important nor personal information of Lee Joon.

 

I will be prepared to face the consequences if Lee Joon's desires are not fulfilled, I will also be aware of the outcome if I do not accept this contract.

 

Under these conditions I accept:

 

___________________.

 

how in the hell can a few simple sentences be so difficult to obtain, especially by the end of the day. Jinki thought.

Eventhough Jinki had the worst luck in the world, he still felt the need to live through this, he had strong willpower, if he was going to do this, he will go through with it till the end with no setbacks.

Alright. I've decided.

~~~~

"So, whats your decision?" Joon asks Jinki with the most eating grin Jinki just wants slap off his face.

"Wheres the pen?" Jinki counters back with sass.

Joon chuckles a bit before he reaches in his back pocket for a fancy black inked pen with his family's heirloom carved into the side of it.

This pen is probably more valuble than my existence. Jinki couldnt help but think as he was signing his signature on the paper.

After Jinki was done Joon snatched the paper from him, fold it and stuffed it in his back pocket. Now Joon's facial expression was no more a cocky grin but a cold and serious stare, it made Jinki afraid to look him directly in the eyes.

"Now-" Joon said finally breaking some of the tension in the air.

"First things first"

Oh god.