could it get any worse...

What about Him?

"J-jong?"

"onew! onew hang in there man!" Jonghyun said while carefully placing Jinki on his back to bring the injured boy to the school hospital room.

Jinki slightly smiled beside jong's ear. All tingly feelings of happiness came back to him, instantly subsiding the pain, now that jong was by his side.

I love you Jonghyun. More than anyone else.

 

~~~

When hit by the bright light shown through his closed eyelids, Jinki swiftly fluttered his eyes open and abruptly stood up to see where he was without considering his injuries.

*grunt* "I shouldnt have done that...*sigh*...where the hell am I?" Jinki asks himself.

 

While looking around, he noticed he was in the school nurses room and was a little surprised at himself that he didnt know where he was right off the bat since the nerd has been here many times before thanks to, you know who. Jinki then started to remeber before drifting off to sleep all beaten up on cold pavement, Jonghyun came to his rescue. His bestfriend called out to him, reassured Jinki that he wasnt dreaming, placed him on his big broad back letting Jinki know this place on his body will always be right there for him. Jonghyun, if only you knew...

 

" o-oh..your finally up" Jonghyun announced anxiously

"ha yea...." Jinki responded with an awkward smile

" Hey listen Jong, I just wanna - "

" wait let me ask you something first!" Jonghyun suddenly interrupted Jinki, it suprised the nerd a bit, but he soon brushed it off to hear what he had to say.

" I um..ha. well, you know when I came to get you and everything......" Jonghyun paused, leaving Jinki in suspense and wanting his bestfriend to say what he had to say already.

" were you like just a bit conscious or like still asleep...i mean no! i meant like were you...." Jinki noticed that his bestfriend was struggling to get on with the question and he was even a bit red which confused Jinki if Jong was fustrated or embarrassed about something which is highly unlikely since Jinki always known Jonghyun to be cool, and collective when getting his point across.

" what is it Jong?" Jinki encourged the jock to speak.

" Do you.....tch, nevermind it's not really important right now" Jonghyun smiled slightly to himself, when brushing away the confusing topic. Jinki sighed, a little annoyed at his friend for making him wait so long for nothing and a little relieved that it was nothing serious he was hiding from him.

 

" More importantly, this time, I'm defenitely gonna beat the out of Lee Joon" Jonghyun announced in a solid clear voice, gaining Jinki's full attention to the sudden news.

"e-eh?, no Jong you cant!"

"what do you mean I cant? yeah I can! im damn strong enough and i'm not the slightest bit scared of him nor those annoying followers of his!"

Jinki sighed in fustration "Jonghyun thats not what I meant, I know your strong and can fight very well but you know Joon isn't fair when it comes to those things, he's just going to send his group to fight you all at once and I dont want you to get hurt because of me"

"BUT JINKI THIS IS THE SEVENTH DAMN TIME YOU'VE BEEN HERE BECAUSE OF HIM!" Jonghyun snapped at his nerdy, sensitive, best friend. That outburst really shocked Jinki since it was the first time Jonghyun shouted at him, or was even angry with him, and at that moment Jinki was really on the brink of crying and sobbing, he didn't want his bestfriend, more importantly the one he loves the most, angry with him.

Jonghyun finally snapped out of his anger fit. An awkward silence hung in the air, stranggling Jonghyun with guilt after realizing that he just yelled at his emotionally sensitive bestfriend who just got beaten up. He noticed that Jinki held his head down making his hair cover his face and his hands gripping and clenching the bed sheets while sitting up on the matress.

"im sorry Jinki, I didnt mean to snap at you like that but it's just that I-"

"I know Jong, I know your only worried about me" Jinki interrupted 

"But please dont, I'll be fine I promise! I just want to handle this on my own strength because I dont want to be weak and submit so easily without a fight anymore and I dont want you to fight my battles for me anymore! I just...I dont want to be scared anymore Jonghyun..." 

Jinki said in a shakey vulnerable voice making it unintentionally clear to his bestfriend that he was now starting to cry. Jonghyun then quickly pulled JInki into a tight hug catching the nerd a little off guard. However all thoughts of suprise and fustration vanished instantly and JInki immediately drowned into the warm embrace of Jonghyun, feeling his strong arms wrapped around him and jonghyuns broad chest pressed against Jinki's cheek, he let his tears be wiped off on jonghyuns uniform and let his wimpy, pale arms slowly and gently hug jonghyun back. Jinki felt safe, and he reassured Jonghyun of that by pulling away from the hug to look up at JOnghyun giving one of his bright full teethed genuine smile. The Jock of course smiled back letting his nerdy bestfriend know that he's not worried anymore and that he will always be there for him. 

"Okay Onew, let's go home."

"mhm"

 

~~~

It was a mission for both Jonghyun and Jinki to get to their bus stop but eventually Jonghyun just gave up on letting Jinki lean on his shoulders and gave him a piggy back ride instead which the nerd was more than fine with.

The two friends made themselves comfortable sitting on the connected ripped cushioned bus seats at the back of the bus next to the window getting quick glimpses of the moving evening view of the neighborhood. Jonghyun had his bruised bestfriend's head resting on his shoulder having no signs of discomfort, looking content and at peace without the slightest bit of worry in the world. Jonghyun didnt mean to distrurb the peace but there was still a few questions that had to be asked since he is Jinki's bestfriend and was still going to worry about him at the end of the day.

"Onew"

"yeah Jong"

"When you get home...what are you going to tell your mom this time?"

"The usual"

"Onew I dont think shes going to fall for the usual clumsy story again this time, I mean you got beaten pretty bad today, probably even worse then before and those bruises all over your body doesn't look like you got them from just a tumble down the school steps.....I think you should just tell her this time."

"Jong you know what will happen if I tell her....she'll just transfer me to another school or even worse move our living location!"

"Well right now..... that may be the best option for you Onew"

"Jonghyun-ah..." Jinki was somewhat surprised and hurt by Jonghyuns comment, he knew he said that out of concern and protection but it still hurt Jinki that his bestfriend, the ones he loves most was fine with not seeing eachother everyday at school and afterschool, overall, not being close anymore. Jinki sat up from resting on jonghyuns shoulder and looked him in the eye, he needed Jonghyun to see the sorrow in his eyes, he needed him to take back what he said immediately and say he was joking, but jonghyun continued to turn his head away from Jinki's direction and stare out the bus window.

"so your fine with not seeing eachother? your fine with me changing schools? your fine with not being friends anymore?" Jinki finally spoke up.

"switching schools and changing living locations doesnt mean that we wont be friends anymore jinki" Jonghyun said.

"Jong we barley talk to eachother at school since your mostly hanging around with your other friends and you're always so busy with football practice that we can't  hang out afterschool as much as we use to, so changing schools or living locations will break our friendship apart eventually, Why are you so fixated on this decision?! Bottom line is..im not going to tell her....If I go and he stays then he wins and I lose."

"Gosh onew whats with you?! your acting like a spoiled girlfriend in a relationship that only revolves around her! im only stating whats best for you and you still refuse to listen and continue to put your foolish pride over your health! just because you dont want to be weak anymore infront of Joon and just because we cant see eachother every minute of the day your that upset? making those sacrifices is not that big of a deal!"

"well its a big deal to me Jong! I dont want Joon to be the reason why I have to run away from my problems everytime I have any"

"I understand but-"

"I dont want Joon to be the reason for our friendship to be tarnished because.....jong....your all I have..."

"ok ok I get it...im sorry"

"dont be its ok, lets just get home our stop is coming up"

"yea.."

With that the two bestfriends reconciled, getting off the bus was hard but the bus driver was nice enough to help bring Jinki down the step along with jonghyun afterwards the jock placed Jinki on his back again and piggy backed him all the way to his house which was only around the corner from the bus stop so Jinki didnt have to feel to bad about jonghyun carrying him all the way home however he did thank his bestfriend more then needed to the point where jonghyun told him it was enough.

Everything was as expected, Jinki's mother was worried once again, seeing her son bruised and injured for the seventh time and believed the story Jinki gave to her with some doubt.

Jinki didnt want to keep worrying his mom like this, he hated having to see the shock and concerned look on her face having to see her son in bad condition whenever she came home from a late tiring day at work. clearly she had enough problems being a single mother of one child and having to work long hours at work to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table but still making time to be a mother by always waking up first to prepare breakfast and a lunchbox for the both of them, the reason being was simply because she wanted to atleast say 'good morning' and 'have a nice day at school' to her beloved only son Jinki before she leaves to work till coming back home at around nine.

The more Jinki thought about his mom and how loving and caring she is for him it just made Jinki even more guilty for lying to her everytime he got badly beaten by bullies, its just that he cant bring himself to leave jonghyun and distance his friendship with him any further, nor could he make his mom go the extra mile to gather up more money to put him another school and area it would be to much hard work going to waste since she already works hard enough as it is and who knows, if Jinki was to go to another school he might get the same treatment and things might never change. Thats what Jinki thought. Jinki didnt end up eating dinner that night he, just wasn't hungry, food was defenitely the last thing on his mind and the only thing he could think about was what would become of himself. will things eventually get better? will he let joon win and just runaway from his problems? will tomorrow be different? 

Jinki had atleast a hundred questions making it impossible for him to fall asleep. 

The only solution to subdue his lack of sleep was to just to think about Jonghyun, the smiles, the good times, the laughs, the hugs, the moments they shared, together. these thoughts making Jinki in a rush to drift off to dreamland where being Jonghyuns lover was more than alright.

Everthing is alright and im gonna be ok.

~~~~

Jinki woke up the next morning having the feel of an aura that today would be a very unusual day....and boy was he right.

 

The following morning Jinki got up extra early on purpose to miss Jonghyun at the bus stop, he felt he should carry on with his day by himself eventhough he was hurting all over he endured it, the nerd didnt want to trouble his bestfriend more then he feels obligated to he also needed to sketch a plan on how to avoid joon for the rest of the day and even worse prevent Jonghyun from confronting Joon was a big concern of his also.

Surprisingly Jinki got through his morning periods like he usually does with no difficulties but something in his stomach told him that was about to go down this lunchtime. He was right.

It started when the bell rung for lunch and Jonghyun practically ambushed Jinki as soon as he step foot out the classroom door saying the words he never thought Jonghyun would say to him in his lifetime in highschool

"come sit at my table in the caf k?"

Jinki just stared at Jonghyun wide eyed stunned but after 15 seconds of processing what just happened he nodded frantically and made his way to his locker to fetch his lunch. The nerd was still very dumbfounded by Jong's request, since they always kept their friendship on the low worrying about Jonghyun's reputation and all, the jock wasn't really ashamed of Jinki but Jinki was of himself and made himself distant eventhough he so desperatly wanted to have a meal at school with his popular jock bestfriend.

Jinki would either sit at the school balcony alone to eat his lunch or get beat up by Joon's crew if he was being to careless.

However today was a new day, Jinki was going to sit and eat lunch with his bestfriend, he hasn't eaten lunch with Jonghyun since elementary school and now he was pretty hesitant about suddenly doing it now after all those years without doing so.

What would people say? what would people do? what would joon do? would anybody care? why would Jong so suddenly ask him to eat lunch now?

so many questions occupied Jinki's mind but something told him that Jonghyun must of had some sort of reason for his actions, eventually the nerd just went with his gut, rubbed the side of his glasses for good luck, took a deep deep breath and headed for the cafeteria.

The nerd spotted the jock sitting at the table in the middle of the cafeteria, Jonghyun also spotted him, plastering that bright teethy smile on his face and waving to Jinki to come sit at the table. At the table there were five other people,popular people of course. Jessica, Yoona, minho, key and taemin. the whole school knew them or should know them unless you were a newcomer.

Deep breaths Jinki deeeeeeep breaths, if anything bad happens just run out this as quick as possible, deep breaths.

before he knew it Jinki was already at the table trying his utter most hardest to ignore the weird stares, audible scoffs and unbearable silence.

"Sit down Onew dont be shy" jonghyun said

Obviously JInki sat down beside jonghyun since he was too scared to sit down beside the others mostly becuase they gave him a look of not wanting the nerd to sit by them. 

"You guys, this is my good friend Onew, his real name is Jinki but i call him Onew" the Jock introduced

"H-Hi"  Jinki managed to stutter

Everyone stayed silent and just stared at Jinki intensely.

The moment was so uncomfortable for the nerd, so he decided to just take out his lunchbox and start eating with his head down, not even bothering to look at Jonghyun, he really just wanted to be invisible at that moment. 

"Jonghyun...please tell me your joking?" key finally snapped

"Joking about what key?" Jonghyun spat back

"About being friends with this nerd!" key responded harshly

"Why would i en joke about something like that, listen key if you dont like it then you can leave"

"k fine whatever" Key got up to leave but was stopped by Jinki's sudden outburst
 

"Wait! its ok Ill just leave i dont want to cause any trouble" Jinki was now the one getting up to leave when Jonghyun grabbed his wrist and pulled him back down to sit.

"Just stay here, your eating at this table, end of story" Jonghyun said sternly.

"o-ok" Jinki said quickly agreeing with the fustrated Jock.

 

"Well jonghyun you never really made him sit with us before why do want us to sit with this nerd now?" Jessica says afterwards scoffing at her statement then looking Jinki up and down pratically analyzing the nerd as if she was gathering info for a science project.

 

"Ok first of all stop calling him a damn nerd i already told you his name is Jinki, second of all im just trying to protect him from Lee Joon and his crew, yesterday they took it too far with the bullying and im just really worried"

I knew it. I knew there was a reason behind all of this and it surely wasnt because he missed eating lunch with me. Im so weak and dumb.

"Jonghyun I already told you I dont want your-" 

"YOU GET BULLIED BY THAT Y SENIOR LEE JOON?!?" jessica loudly cut Jinki off.

The nerd only put his head down and nodded, ashamed at the fact.

"my gosh you should be flattered getting beat up by that y beast...atleast its from someone who looks better"

"Jessica!" Jonghyun snapped

"What? im just being honest..I mean I surely wouldnt mind getting hit on everyday by that hottie, in the bedroom ofcourse"

"Ok Jessica thats enough now!" Yoona finally spoke up, signaling Jessica to shut up before she really goes to far, which she could.

"Jinki doesn't seem that bad of a person, he's really quiet and looks harmless so let him be, also the fact that your basically promoting bullying is just plain wrong jessica, so just dont say anymore k?" Yoona stated while looking at Jessica, Jessica shrugged and went back to eating her food.

"Thank you Yoona atleast someones nice unlike the others...I knew I could count on you to be more accepting" Jonghyun smiled his teethy grin, making Yoona's cheeks blush an embarrassing rosey red colour, afterwards covering and giggling, acting asthough Jonghyun gave her a bouquet of flowers. 

What the was that?

why the hell did she get so giddy and put on that fake giggle and giving jonghyun the flirty eye?

who in the hell does she think she-

OK Jinki stop it! Jonghyun is not even yours so no need to get jealous

plus the girl just stood up for you! be greatful Jinki BE HAPPY!

ah who the hell am I kidding?

this is really irritating me, and jonghyun seems to like her...maybe i should just leave after-

 

JInki was abruptly interrupted of his thoughts when he felt a hand land harshly on his shoulder, the nerd tensed quickly, his eyes as wide as his glass lense, Jinki had a really good idea of who this person was, he just didnt want to believe it.

please dont be Joon please dont be Joon please dont be Joon. 

"Why hello there Jinki."

.

"What a surprise to see you here at THIS particular table, haha how amusing...well, miss me?"

"I sure did" Jessica answered for Jinki while winking at Joon, making the senior smirk and wink back. He was a player afterall, so why not hook up while messing around with your target of the day right? Just a normal day for a good looking bully.

"The do you want Joon? why dont you go back to your group of es and leave JInki alone alright?" Jonghyun bud in suddenly, making the bully glare at him menacingly. 

Lee Joon walked over to Jonghyuns side of the table never leaving eye contact with the shorter male. At this point JInki was a nervous wreck and cursing jonghyun inside his head for opening his mouth, The nerd praying to god, buddah, alah, Anyone! up in the sky to stop Jonghyun from saying anymore then he was clearly capable of or else this scene would get very ugly in a matter of minutes.

"Who the do you think your talking to Kim?" At this point Joon was right inside Jonghyuns personal space, staring him down like he was a disease.

"Nothing much really." Jonghyun spat back, eyeing Joon up and down before turning away like he never said it.

"Are you looking for a fight? watch your attitude before you get hurt..." 

At this point Jonghyun was getting angrier, he slammed both hands on the lunch table making everyone in the cafeteria stop what they were doing, both guys were standing face to face, their foreheads almost touching, their chests rising and falling from the built in anger that was inside of them, the tension in the room was so fierce you'd suffocate. 

"And whos going to hurt me Joon? you? HA dont make me laugh, the least you will do is sit and watch like a little in the corner while you call your little group of wannabes to come fight for you, your just a !" 

 

And then the fight began.

Joon threw the first punch

as soon as the word '' came through the jocks lips he knocked jonghyun down on the floor hitting his jaw

but jonghyun got right back up like he didnt feel any pain and raised one of his fists of fury punched joon in the head so fast you couldnt even see his coming you just saw the bullies head eject backwards.

falling on top of minho, soon both guys charge to eachother, clashing there heads together, holding eachothers coller with a deathly grip looking straight into eachothers eyes with absolute anger knowing if any of them made the wrong move in this battle, one would probably murder the other. Literally.

Jonghyun removed one of his hands from Joon's coller and abruptly gave the bully a sharp upper cut making his head eject backwards once again except this time joon used that to his advantage to head bud the jock catching him off guard which became perfect timing for joon to let go of jonghyun collers and give him a round house kick to the side of his head once again knocking the jock down but jonghyun still didnt give up and a second later after he landed on the floor he got right back up again,a bit dizzy but managed to quickly run up to the bully and gave him two punches in his face then grabbed his collers again and kneed Joon in his abdomen with all his force and might, leaving Joon a coughing mess on the floor clutching his stomach for dear life however Joon wouldnt give up either and got right back up on his feet charging to the jock once more only to head bud his stomach making jonghyun fall to a random lunch table making food and trays fly in different directions. 

both were still on the lunch table clutching eachother like their life depended on it, which in a way it did, still not letting one another get the upper hand

"Jonghyun stop! your going to get in trouble!" Jinki finally bud in and was about to break apart the fight until two teachers came in the scene 

"you two! stop fighting this instant!" one of the teachers called while running up to the violent fist throwing teenagers. Somehow they managed to pull both of them apart. The two were still glaring at eachother refusing to let go of the intense eye contact.

"This isn't over Kim! your dead!" Joon said while struggling to get out of the teachers hold.

" you Joon! you cant do !" Jonghyun spat back.

"Both of you.Office.Now!" One of the teachers interrupted leading the two at the exit of the cafeteria.

After the two left the the cafeteria everyone erupted in conversation obviously talking about the fight and trying to contemplate who won but as far as everyone else that witnessed the scene, was concerned, it was a tie.

JInki was still starstruck that Jonghyun was so brave to fight and talk down to Joon like that however he was worried about the jocks state right now since he did get punched up a few times and round house kicked in the head also Jinki was worried about Jonghyuns punishment, he didnt want his bestfriend to get suspended because hes the only source of companion he has in the school and without seeing Jong for a couple days is hell to Jinki.

The nerd just sat back down at the lunch table ignoring the annoying stares and just slumping down in his seat resting his head on his arms and sighing loudly. This is all my fault. 

"you knew this is sort of all your fault..right?" Jessica said as if Jinki didnt already know that himself.

"I know."

 

 

 A/N:

Hey guys! first off i would like to say im so sorry for not updating sooner, its just that school was being a and let me be honest...im a BIG time procrastinator like i dont get done on time at all lol but im trying to change and im gonna be more committed now since i've cooked up more ideas for this story in my brain pot ill be updating sooner then before :D

but anyways how did u alll like this chapter? were you expecting the fight scene? hehehe :3

please leave comments ill be more then happy to reply to them <3

I tried to make this chapter as long as possible to make up for the long time that I haven't updated it and I hope its not too boring..

and what do you think about the new chracters i put in? lol i put in the rest of shinee..cliche i know but I just felt like I had too you know? haha but anyways yea so Jessica is a in this story I orginally love Jessica in real life dont get me wrong but I felt it would be interesting to have a character like her to spice up the story..lets just say she is a bit of a homewrecker...*cough* *cough* hoe *cough*

anyways you all have a nice day and leave comments below! :D Byeeeeeeeeeee!! 

P.s. what do you think Jonghyun wanted to ask Jinki in the nurses office? 0.0 hehehe ok bye <3